Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2014, 01:38:26 PM
Quote from: CD on April 12, 2014, 01:32:51 PM
Just smashed my parkrun pb with a 20.46! Target for the year was sub 22 so i'll have to revise that one!
Well done CD That's a serious lump off your target.

It's all about the competition Laoislad

Cd queens isn't an easy one either.

Ll that is what keeps you going in races. Find a battle and try to win it and if you don't win it the next day. Makes it all the more entertaining.

JimStynes

Some serious times in here! Good stuff lads

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on April 12, 2014, 12:37:51 PM
First race win of season/career/lifetime/ever  ;D (and probably last)

One of the local GAA clubs had a 10k this morning and was first home in a PB of 40.50.

Knew I had a chance when the other local rockets took either the 5km or the 20km option.

Good start to hopefully a winning weekend, part 2 tonight with seniors in action in opening league game in front of our new big shiny stand!

Magic time and a win to boot, must have left nothing in the tank to no doubt to win that in the end
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

How much time would most lose from 5k to 10k! Would 10s a km be a fair go!
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maxpower on April 12, 2014, 08:25:16 PM
How much time would most lose from 5k to 10k! Would 10s a km be a fair go!

Depends how hard you go in the first 5k, I was 10 seconds slower a few weeks ago and 2 minutes slower in the second part of race last week!! Though in fairness I went quick (20.26) for first 5k
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

You're flying milltown!! You getting out on the bike much? I would love to do more 10ks and 5k park runs but don't have the time

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 12, 2014, 08:37:42 PM
You're flying milltown!! You getting out on the bike much? I would love to do more 10ks and 5k park runs but don't have the time

Haven't done big miles, 25 max, but out on my own doing that. Need to do more

Milltown Row2

Unreal running in London. Pace at the front is hectic

ballinaman

Men's leaders through 10km in 29:11. Mo Farah 29:56

Smoking pace

Milltown Row2

After 19 miles the ladies ran the last mile in 5.20 min lol

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2014, 10:57:42 AM

unreal!!i couldn't run one mile at that. Farrah looks fucked

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 13, 2014, 11:31:22 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2014, 10:57:42 AM

unreal!!i couldn't run one mile at that. Farrah looks fucked

Dropping a bit but may have a good finish. Think I may apply for this, it's a lottery I know but if you get it ya might as well give it a go

JimStynes

Two friends and my sister in law is running in it today. She got in through the lottery system, one qualified through his running club (he's a sub 3 hour man), and the other fella raised money for charity to get in. Might as well give it a go. I fancy Berlin for my next one.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 13, 2014, 11:54:19 AM
Two friends and my sister in law is running in it today. She got in through the lottery system, one qualified through his running club (he's a sub 3 hour man), and the other fella raised money for charity to get in. Might as well give it a go. I fancy Berlin for my next one.

Guy who I know at the gym, eventually got through the lottery system, he's there today (he's applied the last 8 years). Yeah I think I'll do one, not fussed on the Belfast one done many a relay race and did 3 stages last year (15 miles) this one (London) seems to be well supported along the way

JimStynes

We'll going by last weekend I couldn't recommend Paris enough for your first one