Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

i was hoping the asics cumulus were going to last me a couple of years.

DennistheMenace

I run on the treadmill and it bores the bejesus out of me, never really ran outside but tempted to give it a go, would love to do a half marathon.

Rois

Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 10, 2014, 09:19:43 AM
I run on the treadmill and it bores the bejesus out of me, never really ran outside but tempted to give it a go, would love to do a half marathon.

Do the Parkrun Dennis, you'll get the bug. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on April 10, 2014, 10:57:30 AM

Rois, did you do the Titanic run? Whats' your next one before the big day?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

I didn't - I had to do wedding invites and go to Omagh to watch Tyrone.

I'm going to do Lisburn - did it last year and quite enjoyed the route out into the country.  It's a while off yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on April 10, 2014, 12:55:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

I didn't - I had to do wedding invites and go to Omagh to watch Tyrone.

I'm going to do Lisburn - did it last year and quite enjoyed the route out into the country.  It's a while off yet.

Friend sent text about it, what date? Half Marathon and Ten K, could I be arsed doing the half marathon? Dunno
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Rois

Really well supported event. Weather last year was beautiful. Just do the 10k. I'll race you.

JimStynes

I would be interested in that half marathon to keep me ticking over at a decent enough distance.

imtommygunn

I did the 10k last year. Not a bad course. Massive amount of people in it. Possibly the biggest 10k up here. Over two thousand in it last year!

Bingo

Might pencil in the half myself, is it generally a flat route for the half?

imtommygunn

I think it's "undulating". Haven't done the half but have heard it's not a bad course.

Milltown Row2

Heard there are a few hills in it, If I'm doing it I'm looking under 1h 40min

imtommygunn

One big hill at the end i think but rest ok. So i've been told anyway.

JimStynes

What sort of pace is that? I don't think I would be training for this one because of gaelic and other things so I would probably stick to around 8.30 min miles and just try to finish it without wrecking myself.