Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Anyone else for the Titanic tomorrow? If picking up your T - try it on first! I had a medium which was massive on me - exchanged for a small which looks like it's been painted on me. Need a smedium I think!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

ballinaman

Good look JimStynes running the Paris marathon tomorrow and anyone running Connemara!Hope the knees hold up Jim!

JimStynes

Quote from: ballinaman on April 05, 2014, 07:52:29 PM
Good look JimStynes running the Paris marathon tomorrow and anyone running Connemara!Hope the knees hold up Jim!

Cheers! I'm already regretting the pizza I had tonight! Legs walked clean off me today and yesterday site seeing so it's probably not the best preparation in the world. My knee was sore walking up steps in louvre museum today so I can only imagine what it's gojng to be like tomorrow after 15 mile!! I really hope I can finish it! I don't give a shit about 'a time' anymore. What a city to be running in though, amazing scenery everywhere.

Milltown Row2

Good luck Jim!! Overcast today hopefully not windy for Titanic race today, good luck to
The runners out this morning and afternoon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

take_yer_points

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2014, 11:06:02 AM
Good luck Jim!! Overcast today hopefully not windy for Titanic race today, good luck to
The runners out this morning and afternoon

I was down running round the docks there - very windy at the minute!

Mayo4Sam

Best of luck jim
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bingo

Best of luck Jim and Gaelgoir in the west. Bit late and hopefully yous are done and dusted at this stage.

That Sheffield story is some farce!

JimStynes

Finished! Have to check official results later. Completely brutal. Clean aching from the get go, knee was killing me from the first 5k marker! Finished the bastard though! Managed to run to 18 mile then I had to walk/shuffle from there. I reckon iT was around 4.40 sort of time! What a place to do a marathon tho. Support the whole way around was something else! Proper update tomorrow!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 06, 2014, 03:36:06 PM
Finished! Have to check official results later. Completely brutal. Clean aching from the get go, knee was killing me from the first 5k marker! Finished the b**tard though! Managed to run to 18 mile then I had to walk/shuffle from there. I reckon iT was around 4.40 sort of time! What a place to do a marathon tho. Support the whole way around was something else! Proper update tomorrow!

Fair fcuks Jim, you're a stubborn cnut that's for sure.

Just back from the Titanic Quarter 10k beat my PB and my target of 43 beat also with a time of 42.45!! Boom. Christ the wind was mental near the finish, last K was like running into a turbine. Great event and well supported.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

Quote from: JimStynes on April 06, 2014, 03:36:06 PM
Finished! Have to check official results later. Completely brutal. Clean aching from the get go, knee was killing me from the first 5k marker! Finished the b**tard though! Managed to run to 18 mile then I had to walk/shuffle from there. I reckon iT was around 4.40 sort of time! What a place to do a marathon tho. Support the whole way around was something else! Proper update tomorrow!
Congrats Jim, briiliant achievement

JimStynes

4.34 official time

ballinaman

Bingo

Quote from: JimStynes on April 06, 2014, 06:22:30 PM
4.34 official time

Fair play, great stuff. Ignorance is bliss. 

CD

Just back from the Titanic Quarter 10k beat my PB and my target of 43 beat also with a time of 42.45!! Boom. Christ the wind was mental near the finish, last K was like running into a turbine. Great event and well supported.
[/quote]
It was a strong wind alright - tough at 3-4 as well MR! Very good event - finished around 46.20 or so. Won't be sure until the times go up. Was happy with that and felt I had a minute in the tank at least.
Great running - super PB!

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on April 06, 2014, 06:22:30 PM
4.34 official time
After walking the last 8miles? I'd say that's a damn impressive time. I'd be delighted with it! Fair play to you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.