Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 25, 2014, 08:19:43 PM
I might do it. But it is incredibly boring.

CD can run along side of you sure, keep ya company ;)

Any other ones to do that should be done?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Anyone doing the Omagh half marathon tomorrow.

In for it myself, seems to be a fairly big one with over 3,000 registered apparently.

Nothing in great shape and running been irregular but have a few 10-12 milers under the belt the last few weekends. Will enjoy it and not worry too much about the time. PB is 1.36 for the one and only half that i've raced, don't think i'll beat that tomorrow, should be going on times last year but not to that level yet.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Bingo on March 28, 2014, 11:02:48 AM

In for it myself, seems to be a fairly big one with over 3,000 registered apparently.

Nothing in great shape and running been irregular but have a few 10-12 milers under the belt the last few weekends. Will enjoy it and not worry too much about the time. PB is 1.36 for the one and only half that i've raced, don't think i'll beat that tomorrow, should be going on times last year but not to that level yet.

Not doing it myself, better half is. Very well organised and marshalled. Fast course as well so if your ever looking for a pb its one to consider. Leave yourself plenty of time before hand as town can be hectic enough on a Saturday. If your coming from Ballygawley direction head out the Cookstown Road and cut through Killyclogher rather than the town centre.

Bingo

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 28, 2014, 11:15:43 AM

Not doing it myself, better half is. Very well organised and marshalled. Fast course as well so if your ever looking for a pb its one to consider. Leave yourself plenty of time before hand as town can be hectic enough on a Saturday. If your coming from Ballygawley direction head out the Cookstown Road and cut through Killyclogher rather than the town centre.

Good man, cheers for that. Heard plenty of good reports on it - few of the other lads done it last year. I had hoped to have more done and go for a time but wasn't to be, will see how it goes on the day - Newry Half is the target for the PB and possible 1.29.59 run.

Will be coming from Ballygawley so good to know that. Have the packs picked up so that will save some time.

Stall the Bailer

Going to be doing it.
My first race. Not as much trianing as I would have liked, but will be glad to get it done.

lfdown2

If anyone's interested (unfortunately I won't make it) the cloud is doing a 5 mile race next week, Liatroim Fontenoys Co. Down;

Leitrim Race and Fun Run 2014 The 5 mile race and fun run will take place on Saturday 5th April Fun Run at 11am, 5 mile race at 12noon .More  details later

If anyone's interested let me know and I can give more info.

laoislad

Doing my first park run tomorrow.
Haven't just done a 5k in a while as I usually run a bit further so haven't tried to beat my PB since last September when I did 25.14 so hope to beat that tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how far I come in 5k terms since then. Would love to go under 25mins.
They will have a 25min pacer so my plan is to stay with him for a lap and a half (its 2 × 2.5k laps)then try and push ahead for the last bit.
There is also a 20min pacer but I think trying to keep in with him is asking a bit much.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Father Jack

I'm doing it too, did it last year and it is well run.

If you go for a cup of tea in the middle of the race, then get lost on the way round for a while (probably a long while), I might get close to you at the finish line!!

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: laoislad on March 28, 2014, 12:34:09 PM
Haven't just done a 5k in a while as I usually run a bit further so haven't tried to beat my PB since last September when I did 25.14 so hope to beat that tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how far I come in 5k terms since then. Would love to go under 25mins.
They will have a 25min pacer so my plan is to stay with him for a lap and a half (its 2 × 2.5k laps)then try and push ahead for the last bit.
There is also a 20min pacer but I think trying to keep in with him is asking a bit much.
Where are u doing it LL?
By the sounds of ur running you'll be well able for under 25, back urself and go out ahead of them
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 28, 2014, 02:49:29 PM
Where are u doing it LL?
By the sounds of ur running you'll be well able for under 25, back urself and go out ahead of them
Doing it in Lucan. I'd be worried if I went out too fast I'll burn out. Might just stick with 25 pacer for tomorrow and over summer try and get up to 20 min pacer.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on March 28, 2014, 03:14:20 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 28, 2014, 02:49:29 PM
Where are u doing it LL?
Doing it in Lucan. I'd be worried if I went out too fast I'll burn out. Might just stick with 25 pacer for tomorrow and over summer try and get up to 20 min pacer.
Stick with 25 group till 3km-4km and if you are feeling good, edge ahead and go for it. Chasing pack will always spur you on too.
Best of luck!

Rois

I'm really impressed that you have pacers, I'd love to have one to follow.

Black Card

I didn't think you could still get pacers.

Bingo

Quote from: Father Jack on March 28, 2014, 02:21:52 PM
I'm doing it too, did it last year and it is well run.

If you go for a cup of tea in the middle of the race, then get lost on the way round for a while (probably a long while), I might get close to you at the finish line!!

Cup of tea might be needed! Best of luck.

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on March 28, 2014, 11:43:19 AM
[Going to be doing it.
My first race. Not as much trianing as I would have liked, but will be glad to get it done.

Best of luck. You'll never feel as if you have enough done, just keep to your planned pace and enjoy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 28, 2014, 03:39:08 PM
I'm really impressed that you have pacers, I'd love to have one to follow.

Follow me :o pacing around 44! Though would love to get it down to my age........ 42 :(

Calf went aghain the other night ffs!! no running till race day again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea