Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2014, 10:03:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 12, 2014, 06:25:07 PM
I am definitely not running tonight!   :(

I went out. Was just going to do a short one, but ended up doing 28km in 4 and a half minutes.
[/s] hours
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Nah. Minutes. I was the far side of Nenagh before I could grab onto something and stop myself. Hoor of a walk home mind you.

Mayo4Sam

Did the marlay park run this morning, tough week of training and a 7k warm up over to it so was happy enough with 19.34, reckon I could go under 19 with a rest week and a better day
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 15, 2014, 12:13:18 PM
Did the marlay park run this morning, tough week of training and a 7k warm up over to it so was happy enough with 19.34, reckon I could go under 19 with a rest week and a better day
Great running, few easy days before Carlingford, a good day and correct pacing and sub 40 is well there for ya in the 10k

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 15, 2014, 12:13:18 PM

f**k ya must be like a Gazelle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Ya I'd be hopeful enough alright, I'm on the back of six 14-hour weeks so a few days taper would do me the world of good

magpie seanie

At the other end of the scale (or approaching it) I did 8k today as I build up for my first 10k in Bundoran. Longest run I've done and it went pretty well for me, better than I hoped for. I was really just concerned with getting the kms in but 46 mins dead was a decent time for me (snails pace for most on here but it's all relative). Mentally now I really know I'll be ok to get round the 10k this day fortnight so happy enough today.

Again sorry to the lads doing Carlingford that I can't join ye. Some other time for sure I hope.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on February 12, 2014, 10:01:33 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 12, 2014, 06:25:07 PM
I am definitely not running tonight!   :(

I haven't been out at all this month!
Staying away working tomorrow so might try and find a hotel with a treadmill.
A hotel with a bike instead?  ;)

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 15, 2014, 09:50:03 PM
At the other end of the scale (or approaching it) I did 8k today as I build up for my first 10k in Bundoran. Longest run I've done and it went pretty well for me, better than I hoped for. I was really just concerned with getting the kms in but 46 mins dead was a decent time for me (snails pace for most on here but it's all relative). Mentally now I really know I'll be ok to get round the 10k this day fortnight so happy enough today.

Again sorry to the lads doing Carlingford that I can't join ye. Some other time for sure I hope.

Not from where I'm looking.

Good running.

After a Christmas break working myself back up to the 5k.

I might try to go beyond it this time. Either that or improve the 5k time.

Any comments or suggestions?
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2014, 10:55:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 15, 2014, 09:50:03 PM

Not from where I'm looking.

Good running.

After a Christmas break working myself back up to the 5k.

I might try to go beyond it this time. Either that or improve the 5k time.

Any comments or suggestions?
Great stuff Seanie. Bundoran is a great target to have and you'll enjoy it, maybe not the race itself but definitely the level of satisfaction after it anyway.
I wouldn't give 2 shites about anyone else's pace or times, just put the head down and look after yourself.

Fair play muppet. Sounds like a good plan to have another goal. I know myself if I don't have a race coming down the tracks at me the motivation can be hard, I'd pick a 10k 2-3 months away and target it or else do a park run...do your best and come back in a months time and have another go at it with more training under your belt.

imtommygunn

Yes Seanie running is about you against yourself not what pace other people are doing so wouldn't worry.

I would say try getting to 10k muppet and then the fitness will by default improve your 5k time.

laoislad

Fair play magpie. I remember you saying a few months ago you didn't think you'd break 1hr for 10k but you're right on course to do that with your 8k time.

I went out this morning for first time in 2 weeks and struggled through a 5k. Would not going out for a few weeks really have that much of a effect on you? I had done a few 18k a few weeks ago and was barely able finish the 5 today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

Magpie, this time two years ago I struggled to jog a 5k in 35 mins, I was over 15 stone. It's amazing what a bit of consistency does. After u do the 10k u should look at a club, for me structure is everything.

Muppet, 5k was always an easier target for me, 10k scares me  :-[

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 16, 2014, 12:01:30 PM
Magpie, this time two years ago I struggled to jog a 5k in 35 mins, I was over 15 stone. It's amazing what a bit of consistency does. After u do the 10k u should look at a club, for me structure is everything.

Muppet, 5k was always an easier target for me, 10k scares me :-[

Now someone is speaking my language. 10k seems a long long time to be running.

Fair play for the improvement over 2 years.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on February 16, 2014, 10:15:22 AM
Fair play magpie. I remember you saying a few months ago you didn't think you'd break 1hr for 10k but you're right on course to do that with your 8k time.

I went out this morning for first time in 2 weeks and struggled through a 5k. Would not going out for a few weeks really have that much of a effect on you? I had done a few 18k a few weeks ago and was barely able finish the 5 today.

It's always tougher after a break but it should come back to you quick enough once you get into the routine again. I've been much the same myself, very irregular running this last while and nothing during week. The Saturdays have been a hard slog.

Going to get back regular and push the distance out. The senior team in the club where doing running on the track today, so joined them today. Good tight session all speed work and left some if the younger lads trailing behind. When they finished up with two circuits of core work I did suffer though!!

Just get back at it LL and you'll be back to your mark in no time. It's like running a motor after the car has been parked up for a while, just takes a few run ours to clean the pipes. Maybe slow down and not worry about doing the pace you were doing for a run or two.