Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

*RANT WARNING*

20 miles in the park this morning and had stashed 2 gels and a bottle of water at the 10 mile point under a bench well hidden....arrive to find the gels opened and used and water poured out....SOUND. Needless to say I cursed the fcuker all the way then, legs were hurting big time when I went over the 2 hours then. Hope the fcuker choked on it!

imtommygunn

Scumbags. Have heard of that happen a few times.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on February 08, 2014, 12:42:03 PM
*RANT WARNING*

20 miles in the park this morning and had stashed 2 gels and a bottle of water at the 10 mile point under a bench well hidden....arrive to find the gels opened and used and water poured out....SOUND. Needless to say I cursed the fcuker all the way then, legs were hurting big time when I went over the 2 hours then. Hope the fcuker choked on it!

Aye thanks for that they were lovely  ;)

Joking aside that's a wankish thing to do alright. I usually have the car parked somewhere easy enough so I can stop and get a bottle of water or whatever as I run past.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Haha...sound laoislad, your lucky day with free gels and then the Pool match!

Just annoying though, petty like..car was on other side of the park! Currently a very sore man watching the rugby, not good to be running that long with no water!

Orior

I trained for the marathon without ever taking any water. Then, on actual marathon day, I took sips at the various water station. However when I got to the 21 mile mark, the water was swishing around in my stomach. I'd have been better without it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ballinaman

Quote from: Orior on February 08, 2014, 03:52:00 PM
I trained for the marathon without ever taking any water. Then, on actual marathon day, I took sips at the various water station. However when I got to the 21 mile mark, the water was swishing around in my stomach. I'd have been better without it.
Ya without practicing in training you probably would have been. You would have been better for it if you had trained with taking some on board though.

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on February 08, 2014, 03:52:00 PM

I heard you had a dodgy tummy that day alright......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

11 k today, I wanted to change it a bit and kept pace reasonable, was breathing easily the whole way and wasn't in a mess when I got back, 53 mins, I sprinted last k. Going to push out to 15 K next
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Just back from my lunchtime 4k. As I stepped out the first few flakes of snow dropped and it ended up snowing heavily enough for the duration. It was magic! Beat my pb for that route with a nice controlled run. Am making a bit of progress with my pace over the 4-5k distance. Need to up the distances though but am running regularly again after it being a bit hit and miss for a while.

ballinaman

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 11, 2014, 02:08:13 PM
Just back from my lunchtime 4k. As I stepped out the first few flakes of snow dropped and it ended up snowing heavily enough for the duration. It was magic! Beat my pb for that route with a nice controlled run. Am making a bit of progress with my pace over the 4-5k distance. Need to up the distances though but am running regularly again after it being a bit hit and miss for a while.
Careful Seanie! ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f85bdCzrNkY

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on February 11, 2014, 02:20:20 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 11, 2014, 02:08:13 PM
Careful Seanie! ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f85bdCzrNkY

Classic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

I didn't have to stop to do any interviews!

Mayo4Sam

Who else is in for the Carlingford run??
LL has pulled plant anyway, Ballinaman and myself are in at HM & 10k
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

I've just started this couch to 10k lark. 2 nights in. Hmmmm.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 11, 2014, 02:56:41 PM
I've just started this couch to 10k lark. 2 nights in. Hmmmm.

You'll be fine!! Head phone in and run at your leisure