Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Might have to avoid this thread if it's just going to consist of tables and a competition to see who can run the most miles.

laoislad

Quote from: Rois on February 02, 2014, 09:39:20 PM
Might have to avoid this thread if it's just going to consist of tables and a competition to see who can run the most miles.
It's not a competition to be fair Rois.
Everyone on his thread is a different levels and there is no competitiveness between anyone as far as I can see. I doubt I would have stayed at the running if it wasn't for the support I got on this thread. If I started comparing myself and trying to compete with the likes of imtommygunn,Bingo and ballinaman I wouldn't have been long giving it up!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Best maybe to update it at end of month then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: laoislad on February 02, 2014, 09:45:17 PM
Everyone on his thread is a different levels and there is no competitiveness between anyone as far as I can see. I doubt I would have stayed at the running if it wasn't for the support I got on this thread. If I started comparing myself and trying to compete with the likes of imtommygunn,Bingo and ballinaman I wouldn't have been long giving it up!
Oh I completely agree, the runners on here are great at encouraging everyone and I love reading the tips. Is there no way you can make it a link to an excel page somewhere? Tis great to see how everyone is getting on but not every day with a thread full of copy and paste tables.

Tony Baloney

No Tony Baloney on that list?

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 02, 2014, 09:57:55 PM
No Tony Baloney on that list?
Tony Baloney needs to lay off the Jaffa Cakes and hit the road.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Paris marathon in 2 months and I am struggling to run more than 5 miles!! Knee is fucked with ITB. Complete pain in the ass as I was running 13 mile before Xmas without a problem and now my knee won't let me run past 5 mile ffs. I am still going to do it but it could be a walk for half of it ffs. Foam rolling everyday and seeing a physio every wednesday but its a slow recovery process.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
Paris marathon in 2 months and I am struggling to run more than 5 miles!! Knee is fucked with ITB. Complete pain in the ass as I was running 13 mile before Xmas without a problem and now my knee won't let me run past 5 mile ffs. I am still going to do it but it could be a walk for half of it ffs. Foam rolling everyday and seeing a physic every wednesday but its a slow recovery process.

A physic??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2014, 10:53:32 PM
Paris marathon in 2 months and I am struggling to run more than 5 miles!! Knee is fucked with ITB. Complete pain in the ass as I was running 13 mile before Xmas without a problem and now my knee won't let me run past 5 mile ffs. I am still going to do it but it could be a walk for half of it ffs. Foam rolling everyday and seeing a physic every wednesday but its a slow recovery process.

A physic??

Yeah, it's the new thing to be at. All the pros are doing it  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2014, 10:57:16 PM

A physic??

I'll try anything once!! Look enjoy yourself in Paris, it's a bummer but you'll manage to get round walking and jogging

moysider

Paris marathon in 2 months and I am struggling to run more than 5 miles!! Knee is fucked with ITB. Complete pain in the ass as I was running 13 mile before Xmas without a problem and now my knee won't let me run past 5 mile ffs. I am still going to do it but it could be a walk for half of it ffs. Foam rolling everyday and seeing a physio every wednesday but its a slow recovery process.

Why do it so? I thought I was in good shape goin into Dublin but by halfway I was in trouble.  A bit further on the periformis, sciatic nerve, hamstring, groin and ITB combined to give me an hour and a 1/2 from hell.

Still running but have constant groin problem from the periformis as well as hamstring that threatens to go into spasm when the pace goes up. I ve worn out foam rollers! Too much wear and tear and years  :'(
I might have to just accept that I m not structurally sound enough for marathons.

If you re still a kid ( under40) you ll be able to recover. But dont start a marathon thinking you ll end up walking. They re bloody painful enough at the best of times.

orangeman

Sounds like you're going to remember Paris for a long, long time.

Never beat the deeler

Wanted to get added into this table, but hurt my knee over a week ago.

Just back from the physio - she's treating me for spasming muscles, and if I;m not responding in a couple of days she's going to send me for a scan.

She gave me dry needling and a very hard massage. Was sore cos my calf muscle was knotted to f**k.

Hopefully she's right and it is just muscular, would be the quickest recovery time
Hasta la victoria siempre

CD

Quote from: JimStynes on February 02, 2014, 10:57:16 PM

A physic??

JS - I know everyone is different, but I had a similar problem about 10 years ago in the months leading up to the NY marathon. Had got to 15 miles in training and then struggled for over a month and then bruised both feet running on a beach (Don't ask!) I eventually just relied on painkillers and a wee bit of ignorance and made it - didn't run more that 12 miles in the three weeks leading up to it just in case! Hope you get there!!

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Was at the gym this morning and did my Friday run, 2.9 miles in 20 minutes flat, felt like I had a wee bit more and should have went through the gears early and held out for the 5k in under 20.

Calf's getting tight too, hamstrings fine, what about those compression socks you can use on the calf's, can they help?