Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Bought the heart monitor and tried it out today, averaged out at 160 bpm over 3 miles, grand job and it got the signal easy enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Are we still on for the "1st Annual Celebrity GAABoarder Pro-Am Invitational " 10Km/ Half Marathon in Carlingford on March 1st?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on January 14, 2014, 02:16:52 PM
Are we still on for the "1st Annual Celebrity GAABoarder Pro-Am Invitational " 10Km/ Half Marathon in Carlingford on March 1st?

Booked Derry with the missus ffs yesterday, cracking deal in the City of Derry Hotel, £89 for both of us Breakfast and dinner !! Sorry
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Depending on what shape I'm in I could be up for this
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Could hardly be further away for me but not ruling it out.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: moysider on January 14, 2014, 02:51:18 PM

I'm back in training can't wait for the event the running is coming along grand as well  ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

CD

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 14, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

I'm back in training can't wait for the event the running is coming along grand as well  ;D

I've got the Cara Bundoran 10mile on the same day - knee permitting!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

moysider

Quote from: CD on January 14, 2014, 06:36:58 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 14, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

I've got the Cara Bundoran 10mile on the same day - knee permitting!!

That d suit me better and never ran it before. Only hour and a bit down the road. Looks a flat course too. Don t like the long monotonous stretches though :(  Don t like to be able to see too far ahead when I'm calving during a race  :'(

Milltown Row2

Lads where can I get a link to 10k races for the coming months?

Cheers in advance

imtommygunn

tyroneboi

www.athleticsni.org gives a good list of races coming up. It will probably be updated over the next month or 2 with the spring/summer events.

moysider

Milltown Row2

Cheers, seen one in Markethill this Sat, too soon but will track a few down. Trying to get mates involved (ex players from club) but they are very reluctant. Not too many ex Gaa players get into running I've noticed

imtommygunn

A few do. Greg blaney runs. One of the deegans was very good too but disappeared. Your ex doctor does too.

Gaa does bad things to hamstrings which doesn't agree with running at times!

First big one up here is downpatrick - be a big crowd at it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 14, 2014, 10:25:51 PM
A few do. Greg blaney runs. One of the deegans was very good too but disappeared. Your ex doctor does too.

Gaa does bad things to hamstrings which doesn't agree with running at times!

First big one up here is downpatrick - be a big crowd at it.

Aye the doc gets out to a right few 5k runs, passed me at the death one race I did couple years ago, I'd wee problem with hamstrings too but (touch wood) keep stretching them regulary seems to do the trick, I hope.