Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 27, 2013, 12:36:36 AM
I think the idea of a GAABoard race, raising money for charity is a superb idea. I'd definitely try to make it at the very least.

Back on the capall after an indifferent couple of months where I didn't get out running much. I'm getting out for a couple of miles at lunchtime a couple of days a week and then trying to do a longer run at the weekend. Looking to try to do my first 10k but struggling to find one close to Sligo or in Dublin the weekends I'll be there. Would like to get a 10k done before the end of the year but might have to settle for Jan/Feb.

This thread has been a godsend for me. Provides loads of useful information as well as the bit of motivation. Great stuff.

Nice flat 10k in Ballina, Dec.8th. 2 miles of it through woods (level paved surface though) along the river. Very good times weather permitting. Proceeds for Mayo/Ros hospice, as well as a donation to Belleek woods committee who are doing a great job including the introduction of red squirrels recently.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: moysider on November 27, 2013, 09:37:08 PM
I think the idea of a GAABoard race, raising money for charity is a superb idea. I'd definitely try to make it at the very least.

Back on the capall after an indifferent couple of months where I didn't get out running much. I'm getting out for a couple of miles at lunchtime a couple of days a week and then trying to do a longer run at the weekend. Looking to try to do my first 10k but struggling to find one close to Sligo or in Dublin the weekends I'll be there. Would like to get a 10k done before the end of the year but might have to settle for Jan/Feb.

This thread has been a godsend for me. Provides loads of useful information as well as the bit of motivation. Great stuff.

Nice flat 10k in Ballina, Dec.8th. 2 miles of it through woods (level paved surface though) along the river. Very good times weather permitting. Proceeds for Mayo/Ros hospice, as well as a donation to Belleek woods committee who are doing a great job including the introduction of red squirrels recently.

Starts to get warmer in March ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Under Lights

Does anyone own a treadmill? I am looking to get one for a family member as a Christmas present. Budget is around £500. I was looking at Reebok zr9 treadmill.
Any recommendations?

southdown

My brother has a reebok one, be careful as to how wide they are - his is extremely narrow and I am never confident using it in fear of falling off the side!

magpie seanie

Quote from: moysider on November 27, 2013, 09:37:08 PM

Moysider - thanks for that. I had seen that advertised but I'm in Dublin that weekend and won't make it back west in time. Raging cos it sounds like it would be a lovely one to do.

No1

Anyone doing the Seeley 10k tomorrow?

laoislad

What a lovely morning for a run. Went of at 8am down the canal towards Inchicore and back to Lucan.
Apart from a Swan trying to attack me somewhere around Bluebell it was a very enjoyable run.
The weather was great.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

CD

Quote from: laoislad on November 30, 2013, 11:20:20 AM
What a lovely morning for a run. Went of at 8am down the canal towards Inchicore and back to Lucan.
Apart from a Swan trying to attack me somewhere around Bluebell it was a very enjoyable run.
The weather was great.

They can break your arm you know
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Bingo

18.51, local pride restored!

Few pints methinks.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on December 01, 2013, 04:59:14 PM

Few pints methinks.

Bastard  :P
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on December 01, 2013, 04:59:14 PM

Few pints methinks.

That's some going!! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Great running bingo. Watched seeley yesterday-great win for city of derry's connor bradley.

Bingo

Pints me bollix, I know about it today  >:( Good night though.

Imtommygun - Paddy Hamilton came first in our 5km yesterday, he was second in the Seeley Cup on Saturday, won the 5km in 15.19, savage running after doing 31min for the 10km on Saturday.

ballinaman

Slow motion capture of elite marathon runners of  2011 Boston marathon. Final 800m.

Look at the amount of hip extension - ie leg going backwards. Strong glutes and loose hip flexors. Real eye opener on how to improve technique and the importance of stretching.

GEOFFREY MUTAI (KEN) & MOSES MOSOP (KEN) 1ST, 2nd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7E6Qi5ifg

CAROLINE KILEL (KEN), SHARON CHEROP (KEN) & DESIREE DAVILA (USA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kky1ufm0uyQ

Mayo4Sam

Ballinaman, cheers for those tips on the plantar facilitis, seems to be doing the job, appreciate it. I also added in tilting my foot against a post and stretching my calf
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me