Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Week 4 to go. This time 4 weeks, I'll be suffering round UCD somewhere likely or hopefully rather.

Another week under the belt. 47 miles in total. Couple of good runs during the week and then did 10 miles on Saturday at a hard pace, finished with 7.31 per mile. Was down for 17 miles yesterday but legs felt leggy after Saturday and settled for 15 miles at just over 8 minute miles. Legs loosened out well during run but felt very heavy afterwards.

Into last tough week now and will have a 22 miler on Sunday, so will ease into the week with one eye firmly on that.

Roll on the 28th.

Estimator

I'm working my way up to the 10km mark, more for fitness than aiming towards a race. Did 7km yesterday morning, I tried to keep pace at 4.45 per km, but averaged out at 4.53 per km. First km was much quicker than I wanted at 4.31, but gradually got into the pace. The 6km was the slowest at 5.20, primarily due to a hateful incline.
Are there any apps out there where you can set a pace, with alerts if you are running too fast or too slow.  I'm using Nike+ which gives you the pace after each km, but would like something more frequent.
Ulster League Champions 2009

WeeDonns

Quote from: Estimator on September 30, 2013, 03:55:36 PM
I'm working my way up to the 10km mark, more for fitness than aiming towards a race. Did 7km yesterday morning, I tried to keep pace at 4.45 per km, but averaged out at 4.53 per km. First km was much quicker than I wanted at 4.31, but gradually got into the pace. The 6km was the slowest at 5.20, primarily due to a hateful incline.
Are there any apps out there where you can set a pace, with alerts if you are running too fast or too slow.  I'm using Nike+ which gives you the pace after each km, but would like something more frequent.

Drumagh 10 & 5k is on this Sat, just outside Omagh. I you don't fancy the 10k yet, both the 5 & 10k use chip timing so the 5 should still be competitive enough to run at a good pace
More details here
https://www.facebook.com/events/352420428224388/
https://www.facebook.com/DrumraghSarsfields

An Gaeilgoir

Signed up for Hell and Back in Bray, something a bit different.........

laoislad

Quote from: Estimator on September 30, 2013, 03:55:36 PM

I'm using a Nike + sportswatch and it gives you current pace and average pace and can also be set up for pace at any interval you want.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Signed up for my first proper 10k event. Have my 10k time down to 54mins so hope to knock a few more minutes off before the race.

http://dublin.mo-running.com/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on September 30, 2013, 06:38:18 PM
Signed up for my first proper 10k event. Have my 10k time down to 54mins so hope to knock a few more minutes off before the race.

http://dublin.mo-running.com/

Fair play, that should be a good event with big numbers. You knocking right time off already. Come November you'll be sub 50.

For anyone else, today is the last day to register for Dublin Marathon, never too late  ;D

Milltown Row2

Anyone doing the GR8 Dundrum Run at the weekend?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Week 3 to go and last big one done today. Stepped off from plan a bit this week and missed one 10 mile run on Wednesday. Had one eye on today. Total miles was 43.

Today went well. Slow start for first 5km, well outside 5min pace but next 30 odd all below to finish with average pace of 7.55 min pace per mile. Last 4 was in 7.40-7.50 range. Happy out!

Roll on the 28th.

Was some of lads doing a 10km today? Seanie?

moysider

Did the Athlone 3/4 today. Last long run before Dublin.

Undulating course with an 'eyeballs out' hill at mile 18. It really feels as hard as a full Dublin so hopefully it will stand to me! Happy enough. Ran it harder than I had intended but still held back a bit. Came in well under the 3 hours and with a good taper and fresh legs in 3 weeks time I could get a PB.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bingo on October 06, 2013, 09:00:45 PM
Week 3 to go and last big one done today. Stepped off from plan a bit this week and missed one 10 mile run on Wednesday. Had one eye on today. Total miles was 43.

Today went well. Slow start for first 5km, well outside 5min pace but next 30 odd all below to finish with average pace of 7.55 min pace per mile. Last 4 was in 7.40-7.50 range. Happy out!

Roll on the 28th.

Was some of lads doing a 10km today? Seanie?

No - didn't do it. A few things came up which meant I didn't get enough work done the last couple of weeks so I decided not to do it. Have my eye on another one in 2-3 weeks that I should be ok for. Thanks for asking.

southdown

Did my first Tough Mudder yesterday in Cheshire, 12 miles of mud and obstacles (incl electric shocks)

The link below is the course we did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Jn_Lb0ahM

They are in Dublin in mid 2014, cannot stress how good this was.  The most I ever ran before it was 8 miles but it is very stop-start and managed it OK.

The craic was mighty!

ballinaman

Quote from: southdown on October 07, 2013, 02:40:19 PM
Did my first Tough Mudder yesterday in Cheshire, 12 miles of mud and obstacles (incl electric shocks)

They are in Dublin in mid 2014, cannot stress how good this was.  The most I ever ran before it was 8 miles but it is very stop-start and managed it OK.

The craic was mighty!
Jaysus, that looks mental.

Wouldn't be my sort of thing, running is hard enough already, wouldn't be up for added torture but fair play, seem to be all the rage these days.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2013, 03:22:19 PM
Quote from: southdown on October 07, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

The craic was mighty!
Jaysus, that looks mental.

Wouldn't be my sort of thing, running is hard enough already, wouldn't be up for added torture but fair play, seem to be all the rage these days.

Extreme sports popular enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

southdown

It looks a lot harder than it is, the ice pools were torture on the balls though.  As I said, very stop-start makes it fairly do-able.