Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2013, 08:27:31 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 23, 2013, 12:41:30 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 20, 2013, 09:17:14 PM
Anyone have a Garmin Forerunner 10? Was thinking of getting one, only need something basic and can get this for under €100. The Galaxy s4 is too big to have strapped to the arm and I find it very awkward when running.
Was also looking at the Nike plus gps watch but they are a bit more expensive.

just bought garmin 910xt forerunner with heart monitor. meant to be a good job!

Would want to be the job for nearly €300!

I bought the Nike+ one in the end as I already use the Nike+ app and software.

No way was I pay that money! Bought it off a friend for £150, still expensive enough! Injured at the minute so can't get using it ffs

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2013, 08:20:54 AM
These foam rollers seem to be the cure for all ills. Maybe we should send a box of them to Leinster House? Suppose the folls there wouldn't know how to use them unless their party leader told them how to...

They would probably use them for their hair.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

First Parkrun in a while, haven't run since July as hamstring been giving me some hassle for a while, getting ready for next week so thought I'd blast it out yesterday. Managed to do it in 21.24. Was pleased enough as I haven't done any running.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Week 4 done. 48 miles in total. Done 19 miles yesterday and they went really well, averaged 8min miles with a slow start but finished very strong, last 5 miles were about 7.40m pace into a decent head wind.

Legs not too bad this morning, miles drop a bit this week for recovery.

Getting there slowly but surely.

Count 10

Feed of stout and a curry....ran to the toilet...phew...damn near splashed myself! ;)

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2013, 11:17:10 PM
First Parkrun in a while, haven't run since July as hamstring been giving me some hassle for a while, getting ready for next week so thought I'd blast it out yesterday. Managed to do it in 21.24. Was pleased enough as I haven't done any running.
I was the same on Saturday, first one since mid-July - and I managed to do my second slowest time ever.  But it's the psychological effect, so I was happy I turned up.  It amazes me how much my aerobic fitness declines with four or five weeks of not running. 

WeeDonns

For any of you maybe looking for something to aim for; The Drumragh 10k is on in just under 5weeks time on Sat 5th October from our clubrooms in Clanabogan, Omagh.

The 4th Annual Drumragh 10k & 5k Fun Run/Walk will take place on Saturday 5th October 11am.

New 10k & 5k routes will be used this year

There will be a 10km (exact distance) road race with 'Championchip' timing and this year the 5km race will also have chip timing. Both races and 5k walk commence at 11am from the Clubrooms outside Omagh with refreshments afterwards.

Online registration is now open at the link below and will close on Thursday 3rd October with registration at the Clubrooms on Fri 4th October from 7.30 - 8.30pm and Saturday 5th October 9.30 - 10.40am prior to race commencing.
http://online.athleticsni.org/ps/event/Drumragh10KRun

More info on out Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/DrumraghSarsfields/events
10k route here; http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_3482239

laoislad

My 5k times had starting going back up lately and I was getting very disheartened.
Went out tonight determined to set a good time(for me) and busted out a 25min 23 sec 5k beating my previous best by nearly 90 seconds.
Some buzz!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2013, 08:58:59 PM
My 5k times had starting going back up lately and I was getting very disheartened.
Went out tonight determined to set a good time(for me) and busted out a 25min 23 sec 5k beating my previous best by nearly 90 seconds.
Some buzz!

Well done LL don't get too hung up too much on the times as some days you feel better than others . 90 seconds is a fair whack off your time you must be still on a high with the pool .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Milltown Row2

Some buzz!

Aye was going to say head out for a run after a win and you should break 25.22 ;)  But in fairness 90 seconds is serious over that shorter distance. would love to take 90 seconds off where I'm at at the minute (pool cnut :'()
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 02, 2013, 09:04:33 PM
Some buzz!

Well done LL don't get too hung up too much on the times as some days you feel better than others . 90 seconds is a fair whack off your time you must be still on a high with the pool .

If the Dubs had been beaten I would have ran a World Record time... ;) ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Anyone do the pink run in the Phoenix Park last Sat? Was your official (chip) time correct? Mine was definitely wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2013, 11:45:11 AM
Anyone do the pink run in the Phoenix Park last Sat? Was your official (chip) time correct? Mine was definitely wrong.

Not too many going to admit to that run :D

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2013, 11:45:11 AM

Be interesting to see if they done it on gun start or chip start. Was there a mat at the start line? This would activate the chip as you ran over it. Otherwise all the chips would have been started at the same time. If it a big run with a lot of people, it could be a while before you crossed the start line and started your own watch.

I find this very fustrating in some runs and for people not using their own watches it can be confusing.

We hold a 5km every December and insist on a chip mat at the start so that people get accurate times.

imtommygunn

The chips are a waste of time with no start mat.

Logistically I guess they make it easier to produce results but if you're having chip timing you should at least have start and finish mats.