Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Mr just enter online. New belfast half launched today for september which is in good time plus derry half and two good 10ks round that time.

Might have a blast at the dublin ten miler and belfast half.

Milltown Row2

Anyone doing full marathon tomorrow or a leg or two? I'm doing the Antrim road leg and looking to do 8 minute miles for it, if it were flat I'd target a quicker time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Might run it also if I've anything left in tank
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2013, 09:04:42 AM
Might run it also if I've anything left in tank

Sure just trot on till you can do no more, you'll be grand!

Milltown Row2

Managed 14.5 miles. Cardio wise no problem. Joint wise ficking shite especially outside of right knee is

Dirty Togs Power

Bredagh GAC are hosting a 10km run in Ormeau Park, Belfast on 15th June. Prizes for GAA club teams of 3 or more runners. Race is fully time-chipped.

Entry & further details at http://www.bredaghgac.com/-events/bredagh-10k-and-fun-run-36

DTP

orangeman

Tragic.

Man dies during race in Mourne mountains The man was taking part in a race in the Mourne mountains when he collapsed
A man in his sixties has collapsed and died while taking part in a race in the Mourne mountains.

It happened close to the summit of Slieve Moughamore on Thursday evening.

Despite attempts to revive the man by fellow runners and then rescue services, he died at the scene.

Martin McMullan from the Mourne mountain rescue team said their thoughts were with the man's family.

imtommygunn

It's the second guy this year to have died in a race in the Mournes. Very sad.

Milltown Row2

Any you runners have a problem with metarsal area after long distance run? Foot giving a bit of discomfort from marathon run.

imtommygunn

MR is it the top or bottom of your foot? If it's the bottom it could be "plantar fascitis"(for want of a better spelling) which is a common running injury. If it's the top then potentially a bit more serious. Ballinaman is a physio so better placed to advise than me...

Ran a supposed 10k in Belfast last night and ended up breaking 34. Course over 400 metres short >:(

Very sad to hear about the guy dying - there's a good wee article on the NIMRA (Northern Ireland Mountain Running) about him. Seemed like a die hard mountain runner who had done plenty on the mountain scene so it wasn't like he was a novice. The other fella who died had completed a few marathons too so he was no novice either.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 18, 2013, 03:42:58 PM
MR is it the top or bottom of your foot? If it's the bottom it could be "plantar fascitis"(for want of a better spelling) which is a common running injury. If it's the top then potentially a bit more serious. Ballinaman is a physio so better placed to advise than me...

Ran a supposed 10k in Belfast last night and ended up breaking 34. Course over 400 metres short >:(

Very sad to hear about the guy dying - there's a good wee article on the NIMRA (Northern Ireland Mountain Running) about him. Seemed like a die hard mountain runner who had done plenty on the mountain scene so it wasn't like he was a novice. The other fella who died had completed a few marathons too so he was no novice either.
Was that 10k at the Mary Peters track?

imtommygunn

Yep, the Les Jones 10k.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 18, 2013, 04:09:56 PM
Yep, the Les Jones 10k.
A friend was doing it. Will have to inform her of the shortage  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 18, 2013, 03:42:58 PM

Top of the foot tommy, so I've been advised by Ballinaman and will try that, strange though

imtommygunn

It was nearly half a k short tony... They run the same fecking race every year.i think the marshalls sent us the wrong way.

Hopefully nothing too serious mr.