Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: bridgegael on March 16, 2013, 10:08:35 AM
Serious question lads. But do any of ya feel the need to pee as so as ya start running. Happens me everytime, even if i have just went. Could be the cold weather. Its annoying"

Nerves, it could be worse, could be the other end.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Powerful morning that, was on the road at 8 and done 13.5miles with some cracking hills in the route that where tore into. 3 weeks to go.

No1

Well Tommy, how'd you go today? Well organised run with a great turn out. PB for myself so the red wine is going down well now!!

imtommygunn

Tough wee race that no1. Didn't go quite as well as i'd hoped but finished top 30 so can't be too unhappy.

East down are a good wee club for the organising. 645 is big numbers and quite a few "good 'uns" too.

Milltown Row2

Legs are sore today, wee session at the gym tonight and a good soaking in the hot tub me thinks. No more booze till saturday night!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Nearly 1200 final pre entry list for Saturdays race in Larne they think it should hit nearly 1300 for the proper race!! Bit nervous now looking at it, noticed times as low as 1.09 FFS hoping to go 1.40 but we'll see.

Weather to be shite what would be the best possible running gear for the day if it's rainy and cold? I'm not wearing a Duffle coat ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

BF just back from running NY half marathon, did 1.40 and he was a bit disappointed.  He fell away badly in the last mile and a half - in my extreme wisdom on such matters (hah) I put it down to lack of energy as he only had a banana and a bagel at 6am before the race at 7.30am and didn't take any of the chocolate bars on offer around 10 miles to boost energy.  So be warned.

Best of luck MR2!   

Bingo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2013, 04:21:40 PM
Nearly 1200 final pre entry list for Saturdays race in Larne they think it should hit nearly 1300 for the proper race!! Bit nervous now looking at it, noticed times as low as 1.09 FFS hoping to go 1.40 but we'll see.

Weather to be shite what would be the best possible running gear for the day if it's rainy and cold? I'm not wearing a Duffle coat ;)

I'd wear as little as possible - long sleeved compression top at most and running vest over it, if the skins covered I would be happy enough. More important to keep warm and dry before hand - bin liner or disposal boiler suit. If you aiming for 1.40, you'll be moving enough to keep warm.

If their is a cold wind maybe put on a very light and breathable wind breaker that will keep the wind chill away during the race.

Best of luck

Orior

Quote from: bridgegael on March 16, 2013, 10:08:35 AM
Serious question lads. But do any of ya feel the need to pee as so as ya start running. Happens me everytime, even if i have just went. Could be the cold weather. Its annoying"

I'm no doctor, but there could be other reasons besides nerves or being cold.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2013, 04:21:40 PM

Have you any base layer type things?? I plan to wear a short sleeved base layer under a vest and a hat if raining. Gloves if it's as cold as it's been. Hat only if raining...

There will be a lot of wind out that coast road I suspect.

Lot of people doing Larne. Start line will be fun.

I know a few with toilet issues when running but usually it's not peeing and they just take immodium... I think it's common bridgegael so google it...

Milltown Row2

If this weather gets as bad as it says, will there be a danger of the race (Larne Half Marathon) being cancelled?

imtommygunn

At present they're not predicting any snow to ly so cancellation doesn't look likely however they're monitoring it.

The reckoning it doesn't ly on the coast road so it should be ok. Most of the course is on that road.

Milltown Row2

I work in Larne so I know the snow wouldn't be on the roads as much as other places but the head wind coming in on way back with the cold will be deadly!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on February 25, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
After failing to get to 5K last year due to injury, old age and frustration, I started again today.

I ran 1 mile, badly. I am absolutely f*cked.

From now on, can all runners posting here divide their distances by 10 so I don't feel too bad?

Muppet, keep her lit, I am just back running after a long lay off (serious injury, my leg had a very bad case of lazy arsed-itis!).  You and I can compare our absolute shitedness in terms of metres coverd and days taken!!!  BTW, you have an absolute unfair physical advantage over me, I am a fat bastard!

armaghniac

My nose likes running.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B