Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I thought Campbell lost every round bar the first. His size kept him in it, hopefully Lomachenko sticks to his word and lifts the last LW belt and then jump back to 130 and sorts GD out, although I heard that Mayweather said they are going to just wait to he ages.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Rough one about Errol Spence. Hopefully he can make a recovery because he's one hell of a boxer.

Olly

I see Paddy Barnes has been beaten.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

nrico2006

He may as well retire. Joe Ward lost on his pro debut too. Best amateur of recent years list on his pro debut too, Robeisy Ramírez.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 12, 2019, 11:58:02 PM
He may as well retire. Joe Ward lost on his pro debut too. Best amateur of recent years list on his pro debut too, Robeisy Ramírez.

Ward will hopefully get that one ruled a non contest. Hopefully he can recover from the injury and show his potential in the pro game.

I hope Barnes retires as he's just too old and not good enough for the level he wants to be in the pro game. It'll be interesting to see what he does with his life outside of boxing. He will maybe get a job with MTK.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on October 13, 2019, 08:07:24 AM

Ward will hopefully get that one ruled a non contest. Hopefully he can recover from the injury and show his potential in the pro game.

I hope Barnes retires as he's just too old and not good enough for the level he wants to be in the pro game. It'll be interesting to see what he does with his life outside of boxing. He will maybe get a job with MTK.

Aye, I see Di Bella mentioned an appeal which would make sense. Ward could have an unreal career.

square_ball

The record books say Ward lost but it wasn't really a loss.

Barnes should pack it in. Unfortunately just not at at level but at least he's honest enough to say that as well. Speaking of retirements Cummings should pull the pin too. There's nothing there either. 

nrico2006

Quote from: square_ball on October 13, 2019, 09:10:18 AM

The record books say Ward lost but it wasn't really a loss.

Barnes should pack it in. Unfortunately just not at at level but at least he's honest enough to say that as well. Speaking of retirements Cummings should pull the pin too. There's nothing there either.

Thinking the same with Cummings, not good at all.

JimStynes

It'll be interesting to see how Sean McComb gets on with his career. Seems like a complete header

screenexile

Didn't know what happened in the Ward fight so watched it back there... f**k that is one horrible injury!!!

toby47

Quote from: screenexile on October 13, 2019, 05:06:14 PM

Didn't know what happened in the Ward fight so watched it back there... f**k that is one horrible injury!!!

A hard one to watch!!

nrico2006

Shocking news on Burnett.

square_ball

Good scrap last night in the Taylor fight. He is a class act. Hard as nails. Is Cyclone still promoting him or what is the story there? Usually all the McGuigans be jumping around the ring after he wins but it was only Barry and obviously Shane there afterwards.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 25, 2019, 11:55:21 PM

And yeah that's a sad end to his career. He was a classy fighter. Would he have earned enough to be comfortable after early retirement? Not sure.

JimStynes

Quote from: square_ball on October 27, 2019, 04:30:11 PM
Good scrap last night in the Taylor fight. He is a class act. Hard as nails. Is Cyclone still promoting him or what is the story there? Usually all the McGuigans be jumping around the ring after he wins but it was only Barry and obviously Shane there afterwards.

And yeah that's a sad end to his career. He was a classy fighter. Would he have earned enough to be comfortable after early retirement? Not sure.

Can't see it. He didn't have any massive pay days.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on October 27, 2019, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 27, 2019, 04:30:11 PM

Can't see it. He didn't have any massive pay days.

Wouldn't be that much money at that weight unless it was a super fight and he had none of those. Classy fighter and was hoping to see him fight Inoue.