2019 ACFL Division 1B

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 12, 2019, 02:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

Courtwood punished badly tonight. Think they were missing 4 Laois u20s, two of whom were on the senior panel young Mooney wasn't there and last years captain didn't seem to be togged either. They were made play a league match last Thursday (2 nights ago)against mm and this final tonight. Think they may have put out a weakened team. Just shows what the co board thinks of the league and the clubs in it

BallyroanAbu

Ballylinan were missing Lacey and Gary Walsh,  what's the County Board to do delay League till every team is 100 percent.  It's a secondary competition which a lot of teams are not 100 percent for.

Jd

Agreed but at the start of the year both teams could have won two trophies, league or championship. I can't see either winning the championship so therefore the league is the only chance of silverware. was this not fixed for next week and pushed forward.changing the fixtures from week to week is unfair if lads plan around them. As one from a small club myself I'm sure a league for either team is important but telling a team to play two matches in three evenings is unfair would you not think. Can small clubs really do without 4 county players or even one as in Ballylinans case and be expected to play two games in that space of time??

Heshs Umpire

Ah, no complaints from us in Courtwood. The rule is you play all league games without county players unless they are made available at the discretion of the county team manager(s).

Would've been nice to have more notice of the game because a couple of other lads missed the final too but at the end of the day  we'd swap every league result this year for a one point win over Arles in the championship!🙂
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Don Draper

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 14, 2019, 02:59:26 PM
Ah, no complaints from us in Courtwood. The rule is you play all league games without county players unless they are made available at the discretion of the county team manager(s).

Would've been nice to have more notice of the game because a couple of other lads missed the final too but at the end of the day  we'd swap every league result this year for a one point win over Arles in the championship!🙂
Yer flying it all told hesh, small thing

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Don Draper on July 15, 2019, 12:08:21 AM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 14, 2019, 02:59:26 PM

Yer flying it all told hesh, small thing
You didn't see us Saturday night. Wouldn't be described as "flying it"! Yerra ;)
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore