Have I Got News for You... hit or miss?

Started by longrunsthefox, May 08, 2010, 11:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Wondering what youse think of this programme. I love it and only one on TV makes me really laugh. Tonight Jo Brand who was compere (or watever) said about the shock Peter Robinson got when he lost his seat, though 'nothing to the shock he got when he came home and found a 19-year-old shagging his wife.' Made me laugh anyway (I know it was scripted for her)...great programme imo.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Used to watch it all the time, is very good.
Think Mock the week is class as well, although lost an edge when the bould Frankie Boyle left.
Tbc....

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 08, 2010, 11:23:00 PM
Wondering what youse think of this programme. I love it and only one on TV makes me really laugh.

+1

Best show on TV.

I do though miss Boris Johnson as chair.

Hardy

My favourite TV programme too.Though that's not a great recommendation, since 99.99% of what's on TV is shite.

Minder

Is good but te fact that it is all scripted means I have to mark it down.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

quit yo jibbajabba

just caught on this eve that show has been going for 18years minimum, now thats what i call longevity.....

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on May 09, 2010, 12:13:44 AM
Is good but te fact that it is all scripted means I have to mark it down.

The majority of TV shows are scripted ;)

Love this show, razor sharp satire and off-wall insanity from Paul Merton. Was surprised to see Lempet (or whatever his name it) on the show so soon after losing his seat. Seemed a really good sport.
Testing Accessibility

quit yo jibbajabba

have to say ziggy, i think hes a twat of the highest order; fair play indeed for coming on; and he had his moments agreed;

to me hes like a man who had a bit going for him career wise, then has gradually lost all credibility startin with his cheeky girl liasion, and has now lost his seat etc;

dont think about him all the time as the above post mite suggest lol; just saw him there this eve and had a think about him.....

omagh_gael

Love this show, although a lot of it is scripted the improv stuff from Merton has me in stitches. As an aside, did anyone watch his series 'Paul Merton in China' it was hilarious. Especially the epsiode were an up Market Chinese hotel thought he was the ex Canadian prime minister Paul Martin (also Mertons real name) and rolled out the red carpet and press photographers etc for his arrival, very funny!

sammymaguire

it is both hit and miss imo depending on who is on the show, what sort of form Merton is in as he can be a real moody tw@t at times and what they call newsworthy stories during that week...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gallsman

Good show but not a patch on what it was. Bring back Deayton!

ziggysego

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 09, 2010, 12:45:41 AM
have to say ziggy, i think hes a t**t of the highest order; fair play indeed for coming on; and he had his moments agreed;

to me hes like a man who had a bit going for him career wise, then has gradually lost all credibility startin with his cheeky girl liasion, and has now lost his seat etc;

dont think about him all the time as the above post mite suggest lol; just saw him there this eve and had a think about him.....

I agree, his credibility started to slip after he left Sian Lloyd for one of the cheeky. But hey, that's what she gets for flirting with UTV's Frank Mitchell ;)

I've no idea what sort of man he is, but my comments were to do with his appearance on HIGNFY this weekend.

Incidentially, wasn't he the Lib Dem's Spokesperson on UFOs?
Testing Accessibility

delboy

Quote from: ziggysego on May 09, 2010, 11:30:24 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 09, 2010, 12:45:41 AM
have to say ziggy, i think hes a t**t of the highest order; fair play indeed for coming on; and he had his moments agreed;

I agree, his credibility started to slip after he left Sian Lloyd for one of the cheeky. But hey, that's what she gets for flirting with UTV's Frank Mitchell ;)

I've no idea what sort of man he is, but my comments were to do with his appearance on HIGNFY this weekend.

Incidentially, wasn't he the Lib Dem's Spokesperson on UFOs?

Near earth objects, but its nothing to worry about, they don't really exist and if a non-existent one happened upon us unannouced it wouldn't really wipe out humanity or anything.