Leinster U-21 Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on March 16, 2017, 11:36:24 AM
DON  what planet are you on,,i was there last night and yes it is management,,they are supposed to organise a team ,,the senior set up took the role of u21 management so hey our seniors are doing shite that last night was shite,,creedon in fact was calling alot of shots for this u21 squad,,go do your homerwork there young man,,,i certainly have no agenda but im calling it as i see it and its just my opinion ,,i have seen our seniors with no plan and i seen our u21 side the same way ,,,i agree with tin tin on some points here management is there to coach inspire your lads to victory thats not in laois at the minute,,,
I'm no young man my friend, I've seen more Laois teams and managers than you ever will. You have a huge agenda, every post you make has links to a previous manager, be it getting him the job, or bemoaning him losing the job, and then criticising those that came after him in the job. Its impossible therefore to take anything you say serious, thats why I don't.

This side lost. They were dreadful on the night. Shit happens. Its underage football. Shit happens.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Giovanni on March 16, 2017, 11:18:37 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on March 16, 2017, 10:57:01 AM

O'Reilly has a terrible habbit when we loose the ball in senior and yesterday of just running back towards his own goals not looking at the shape of play or anything I've noticed this about him for a while..He is a great athlete but his game positioning when not playing in the backs needs to be worked on.

This is an excellent point. It's not just O'Reilly either. There are very experienced senior players doing the same thing which is the reason, in my opinion, why our defending looks so poor so often. Really good team defending needs more than just everyone running back towards their own goals - defense means that play has to be affected (either by slowing up people in possession, reducing the number of options available to them, making their shooting position more difficult, etc.). It not enough to just move back in the general direction of your own goalpost! This is not the fault of O Reilly - this is about coaching.

this seems to have crept into Laois teams since TOF was involved and its most annoying to look at ...How can you influence the play with your back to the ball running towards your own goal when the other team are in possession.

SOMEBODY PLEASE CORRECT THIS ITS SO FRUSTRATING TO LOOK AT.

Players last night were shouting at young Connolly to come back (onyl one of the half forwards when Offaly were on the attack whe he did Offaly just played the ball to his man across the pitch making him look bad?Was this the players who did this ..If not why not play him as a sweeper and let him attack from there which is probably his best position?

Anyway As I said Im not going down the route of personal abuse for anyone they are all there to do there best and if like someone said we can learn from this defeat going forward then all is not lost cause there is defo a few talented players among that group.

LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Sean Moore is playing through injury, there's no way he's 100% fit. Same with Luttrell, wasn't at full tilt. That was two big minuses.
Some of the other chaps didn't step up to the mark. Happens with young lads.
Would have to agree that the manager never should have got the job. Not that I agree town1980 is right on everything but Kavanagh's appointment stinks.

Clubber Lang

Disappointing loss but it's great to see the keyboard warriors out in force. This crop of U21 players would not be considered strong collectively-In my opinion only 3/4 of them would have realistic ambitions of progressing onto Laois senior team. You can only work with the players you have and unfortunately some of our bigger players didn't have their best games last night. Laois dominated the early stages of that game and should have had more scores on the board before the Offaly goal. It was a classic example of a young team losing composure with the concession of the goal while Offaly gained in momentum and confidence after Laois handed them a get out of jail card. It's easy with hindsight to criticise decisions made by management. Momentum was against them and management tried to alter things as a result. It didn't work which is unfortunate. For those to come on here and state Kavanagh etc should be disposed of is being ridiculous. We lost a close semi final by a point. With better luck and more accurate shooting Laois could easily have come out on the right side of that result last night. The players seem very positive about the approach to training this year and the current set-up.

I'm interested to hear what alternatives our keyboard warriors suggest to replace Creedon/Kavanagh. Maybe they should band together collectively themselves to mange all Laois inter-county teams.       

Laoisguy

Huge problems with the management team as usual from the Laois supporters

Players were not good enough last night

I have never seen anything like the standard of tackling and discipline,Moore has a bad day and the whole team crap themselves

Murphy was the only one to show

theoldvet

I have been saying it for years our players need
good COACHING in all grades but
it's just not happening.

O moore parklife

The first development officer in a long while to show a bit of passion and organisation is colm begley. All development officers should be replaced every 5 years to keep fresh eyes and genuine interest in the job. Serious dead wood in a couple of the development coaches who seem immune to losing there jobs no matter how little they do. An odd staged picture on twitter doesn't cut it anymore

Cruella De Vil

Quote from: The Saint on March 16, 2017, 10:12:58 AM
That was a sickening abysmal performance. If you leave the management to one side for a minute and actually think back to some of the decisions the players made on the ball....wing back with a free kick in the second half, he turned back to pass it, turned forward, turned back again, then literally shrugged his shoulders and drove the ball out over the far sideline in frustration...brian daly making a great drive along the line under the stand to get to the end line and then try hook a ball over his shoulder from an impossible angle... Sean Moore losing a great ball that was at least 80/20 in his favour and Offaly going up the field from it and killing us with a goal...the pick of the bunch was our free on our 21 under the stand, where was it passed to? It was kicked 80 yards across and backwards to the tunnel corner flag where Cooney in goals had to tear after it to keep it from going out for a 45... It was diabolical stuff. Game should have been wrapped up after 20 mins. Kicked 9 wides after going 1-02 up..even half up them converted would have finished Offaly off. And lads...give up the bullshite with the Beano comparisons....enough said.

Your last line leaves a bit to be desired. Did you not get a chance to post after the Louth game, or did the result and performances by some on the field not suit your style of posting?

Unfortunate, yet unsurprising given your profile.

BallyroanAbu

Can those defending the set up at the moment look at who is beating us, these teams 5 years ago were seen as cannon fodder now people are putting us in the same boat.  We are in a relegation spot in division 3 there is an assumption we are getting out of it.  I don't think so,   I think Antrim will beat us and this demoralizing show will continue.   Sorry if I can not see the upside of this, sorry for calling for the managers head after 4 games but as each week passes it gets  worse.   Personally I have no issue with Gary Kavanagh getting the U21 job if he learns from it.   He does play very open football (not sure that works) however he is young and has time to learn.  Creedon on the other hand is been paid do a job he is falling short in.  I would not be too annoyed if these fellas were on some sort of incentivized system where you get more for better results.  For years Laois Football has appointed outside managers giving very little incentive for a Laois candidate,   It seems if your from Laois it's a mark against you.   I think Gary did well with Ballylinan last year, prob needed abit more experience  with U21, unfortunately Gerry has never been shy in pushing Gary forward but possibly this is too early. Hopefully Gary stays with it and learns.

Tony

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 17, 2017, 08:04:31 AM
Sorry if I can not see the upside of this, sorry for calling for the managers head after 4 games but as each week passes it gets  worse.
The ability of the players is clearly not there at the moment. Blaming the manager for this is idiotic. Not sure how you can't see this. Creedon has a long - term plan to improve the standard of Laois football holistically from underage up. You want to bring in God knows who. Reality check needed for ya. The players aren't there and nobody can work a miracle in a few MONTHS. I'm prepared to give it time as in all reality it will take years.

BallyroanABU and Town1980 : Name who you'd put in instead of Creedon? We're all ears : give us your plan : names, how they'll be better, how much they're going to cost, is it a long-term plan, are they going to work with underage too, what? If you can't give us a good long - term plan, you're just talking nonsense to be fair.

BallyroanAbu

Joe Higgins or Malachy McNulty should have got it last year,  we have a whole bunch of young managers what message are we sending out when we hire what are turning out to be poor journey men.   Peter Creedon won nothing with Tipperary alot of people giving him credit for winning Tipperary Minors and for Liam Kearns run last year.  Well he was not the manager we ran Justin McNulty for achieving more.  Creedon has been a disaster thus far.  I know your loyal Tony but at what point are you going to tell us this is a disaster that is costing money that we don't have.   

If we wanted Creedon to develop our standards he is clearly in the wrong job as this is not the job of the county manager he is there to win matches  you have 6-10 matches max to show something otherwise there is an exit door as we are all wasting our time.  Every Tom Dick& Harry talks about developing because it buys them time.  Why is Sam Allerdyce continually hired in English Soccer because he gets results no one stays in a job to develop things this is clearly not the job of a manager as you are in the firing line too much to have a long term strategy. 

SCFC

I've no problem with Creedon. He deserves the full season before any judgement can be made. Doesn't change the fact that Kavanagh getting under 21 manager stinks.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 17, 2017, 11:02:54 AM
Joe Higgins or Malachy McNulty should have got it last year,  we have a whole bunch of young managers what message are we sending out when we hire what are turning out to be poor journey men.   Peter Creedon won nothing with Tipperary alot of people giving him credit for winning Tipperary Minors and for Liam Kearns run last year.  Well he was not the manager we ran Justin McNulty for achieving more.  Creedon has been a disaster thus far.  I know your loyal Tony but at what point are you going to tell us this is a disaster that is costing money that we don't have.   

If we wanted Creedon to develop our standards he is clearly in the wrong job as this is not the job of the county manager he is there to win matches  you have 6-10 matches max to show something otherwise there is an exit door as we are all wasting our time.  Every Tom Dick& Harry talks about developing because it buys them time.  Why is Sam Allerdyce continually hired in English Soccer because he gets results no one stays in a job to develop things this is clearly not the job of a manager as you are in the firing line too much to have a long term strategy.

Ok then

Name his replacement and keep in mind we will have just sacked Creedon after barely 5 months in the job,are heading for div4 and out of the u21 Championship.

BallyroanAbu

At this stage I would go for a complete miracle shot, in an ideal world Clancy and McNulty but they are not coming out of their club jobs.   If money was not an object Jim McGuinness if we go outside we need to think big.   If cheap and doable, I like Higgins but I would think a bit of experience longside like Jason Ryan would not be an issue.  But if gun to my head Clancy and McNulty.   I really think Clancy has something special and we would be stupid not to give him the job at some point.