Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2019, 03:10:58 PM
Mayo v Sligo tonight too. I'd go but for the bales that will have to be brought in.

To save any confusion. The Mayo v Sligo game tonight is a minor semi final while Mayo v Sligo U20 semi final is next Wednesday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2019, 03:08:26 PM
Ros v Laythrum in Carrick tonight.
Not very hopeful.

Yes Farr.

ive not heard of this? i know we are missing players but not heard it was manager related.

Hound

Connacht minor SF result:
Mayo 5-7 Sligo 1-10

Paul Walsh with 4 goals

whitey

Fitting that we score 5 goals against Sligo in McHale Park this week given Mick Burke's passing last weekend. We scored 5 goals against them in 1985 at McHale Park when Mick managed the team to All Ireland victory

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Hound on June 21, 2019, 10:14:03 PM
Hope I'm wrong, but have a feeling Sligo will regret giving Mayo a second chance!
You were spot on as it turned out and as nearly always the case at this grade the fresher side prevails.

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2019, 11:10:20 PM
This is easier than trying to describe a mad night in Carrick

https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/connacht-u-20-fc-roscommon-pip-leitrim-in-thriller/

Some game but needing extra time to over come Leitrim doesn't bode well for the next game v a in form Galway. Why is that semi final in Kiltoom instead of Hyde Park?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on June 26, 2019, 05:28:32 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2019, 03:08:26 PM
Ros v Laythrum in Carrick tonight.
Not very hopeful.

Yes Farr.

ive not heard of this? i know we are missing players but not heard it was manager related.

can you commrnt further on the panel and the manager rossfan?

magpie seanie

Quote from: whitey on June 26, 2019, 09:22:02 PM
Fitting that we score 5 goals against Sligo in McHale Park this week given Mick Burke's passing last weekend. We scored 5 goals against them in 1985 at McHale Park when Mick managed the team to All Ireland victory

And ye wonder why your neighbours hope ye never win Sam. Disgusting arrogance.

The game shouldn't have been in McHale anyway. The whole thing is a disgrace.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 27, 2019, 09:07:42 AM

And it wasn't even that fitting since they didn't score 5 goals in 1985, Sligo did but seemingly forgot that points count too, didn't get any and lost. Had won the minor league before that which made it more disappointing. Every time your hopes get up with a Sligo team they are invariably crushed, and too often it's self-inflicted.

The venue decision only serves to confirm again all our suspicions about the provincial body and how it is run, and for whom. A bit unfair too that this game wasn't played this evening or tomorrow evening, giving teams who played last Friday and extra day or two to recover. Could have been the same for both teams of course had the pairing worked out differently, but it did seem to tell at times last night. Of course neither of these things would excuse the defending for the Mayo goals, but that's where the self-inflicted part comes in again.

macdanger2

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 27, 2019, 09:39:37 AM
The venue decision only serves to confirm again all our suspicions about the provincial body and how it is run, and for whom. A bit unfair too that this game wasn't played this evening or tomorrow evening, giving teams who played last Friday and extra day or two to recover. Could have been the same for both teams of course had the pairing worked out differently, but it did seem to tell at times last night. Of course neither of these things would excuse the defending for the Mayo goals, but that's where the self-inflicted part comes in again.

I agree that Sligo should have had home advantage for finishing 2nd but surely this is something that should have been agreed up front. I'm not sure about the conspiracy theories though, isn't it the case that if Sligo won, ye would have had home advantage against Galway despite them finishing top?

ballinaman

Hope never kicked a ball over the bar sure !

whitey

I must be getting old to have it backwards like that. I wouldn't mind but I was actually at that game in 1985

Owenmoresider

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2019, 09:47:36 AM

I agree that Sligo should have had home advantage for finishing 2nd but surely this is something that should have been agreed up front. I'm not sure about the conspiracy theories though, isn't it the case that if Sligo won, ye would have had home advantage against Galway despite them finishing top?
http://connachtgaa.ie/news/connacht-minor-championship/

Note the home team in the semi-final pairing.

macdanger2

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 27, 2019, 09:56:53 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2019, 09:47:36 AM

http://connachtgaa.ie/news/connacht-minor-championship/

Note the home team in the semi-final pairing.

TBF, that does look like ye were down to have home advantage

Farrandeelin

Where's the arrogance?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.