Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2019, 02:35:19 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 31, 2019, 02:27:07 PM
5 points from 4 games. Enjoy the memories lads  ;D ;D
Just read on Twitter  that they have only won 3 of their last 16 games and haven't won away in the league since last February...
I actually didn't realise things were that bad for them.

Never posts on this thread. Hmmm
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2019, 01:02:00 AM
Just read on Twitter  that they have only won 3 of their last 16 games and haven't won away in the league since last February...

Since when did he claim that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2019, 01:32:07 AM

Loads of times, keep up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Ok, before people lose the run of things! Man U are in 7th position in the league despite winning just one in four games. Which says there are a plethora of rubbish teams in the Premier League. The aim for Man u before a ball was kicked was CL qualification and some sorta cup. How has that changed?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 01, 2019, 01:41:19 AM
Ok, before people lose the run of things! Man U are in 7th position in the league despite winning just one in four games. Which says there are a plethora of rubbish teams in the Premier League. The aim for Man u before a ball was kicked was CL qualification and some sorta cup. How has that changed?

Improvement on 6th surely has to be a minimum requirement

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2019, 01:39:24 AM

Loads of times, keep up

I ask when did he claim that, maybe you can give me a date?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2019, 06:32:06 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2019, 01:39:24 AM

Loads of times, keep up

I ask when did he claim that, maybe you can give me a date?

If I could be arsed going back and searching for him saying that I would, be be my guest. It's there

trileacman

You need to dump the "it's okay we're just in transition,it'll all work out fine" attitude. It has took liverpool 20 years to get over it and looks like it will take Arsenal and yourselves just as long.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on September 01, 2019, 09:10:30 PM

You need to dump the "it's okay we're just in transition,it'll all work out fine" attitude. It has took liverpool 20 years to get over it and looks like it will take Arsenal and yourselves just as long.

Liverpool still not over it, Arsenal have won EPL's

Joeythelips

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2019, 09:37:40 PM

People love to harp on about the past, we can only judge on what we have seen of this team so far under Ole, and been honest it is not great, the last 3 games were away to Wolves and Southampton and home to Crystal Palace. No disrespect but any team with aspirations of making the top 4 really needs to be beating teams like this.

A lot of whats good and bad about united hinges on Pogba, whatever you think of him he is their best player but he drifts along in games and only shows glimpses of his quality. I went to see united live in a pre season friendly against AC Milan, Pogba was the only main player missing and United's midfield was dreadful in his absence. There is no one to pick a decent forward pass and no real striker to receive it, as Rashford and Martial spent most of the time hugging the sidelines.

This is a side in transition, in fairness to Ole he is trying to clear out the dead wood, but they did not replace Sanchez or Lukaku which will cost them. Looking at the other teams trying to break into the top 6, Leicester, West Ham, Everton etc it does look more likely that one of those sides will break in to it at united's expense this season. Will this be acceptable to the united board? You would assume they are aware their is a serious rebuilding job going on. They have at least improved the defence significantly but they really lack a creative midfielder, Pogba is decent but we only see it in fits and starts. The real dilema is attracting the quality they need, you could see that this summer as no champions league football affected uniteds ability to sign from the top shelf, this would be worse again if they finished outside the top 6.

Will he be given time to build? I don't think Solskjaer should have got the job as he does not have the experience to manage at this level but given the rebuilding that needs to be done whoever is in charge its going to take 2-3 seasons to build a side to even challenge the top 2, its hard to see him getting this time. For me Pochitino is the man thats needed, he has shown at Southampton and Spurs he can build a side under constraints.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 02, 2019, 08:40:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2019, 09:37:40 PM

People love to harp on about the past, we can only judge on what we have seen of this team so far under Ole, and been honest it is not great, the last 3 games were away to Wolves and Southampton and home to Crystal Palace. No disrespect but any team with aspirations of making the top 4 really needs to be beating teams like this.

A lot of whats good and bad about united hinges on Pogba, whatever you think of him he is their best player but he drifts along in games and only shows glimpses of his quality. I went to see united live in a pre season friendly against AC Milan, Pogba was the only main player missing and United's midfield was dreadful in his absence. There is no one to pick a decent forward pass and no real striker to receive it, as Rashford and Martial spent most of the time hugging the sidelines.

This is a side in transition, in fairness to Ole he is trying to clear out the dead wood, but they did not replace Sanchez or Lukaku which will cost them. Looking at the other teams trying to break into the top 6, Leicester, West Ham, Everton etc it does look more likely that one of those sides will break in to it at united's expense this season. Will this be acceptable to the united board? You would assume they are aware their is a serious rebuilding job going on. They have at least improved the defence significantly but they really lack a creative midfielder, Pogba is decent but we only see it in fits and starts. The real dilema is attracting the quality they need, you could see that this summer as no champions league football affected uniteds ability to sign from the top shelf, this would be worse again if they finished outside the top 6.

Will he be given time to build? I don't think Solskjaer should have got the job as he does not have the experience to manage at this level but given the rebuilding that needs to be done whoever is in charge its going to take 2-3 seasons to build a side to even challenge the top 2, its hard to see him getting this time. For me Pochitino is the man thats needed, he has shown at Southampton and Spurs he can build a side under constraints.

But would he come? While the United job might still be a huge job in football, it's a bit of a poisoned chalice now. You run the risk of demolishing your career if you don't turn things around given the level of expectations (perhaps unrealistic) on delivering. I agree Ole was never the man for the job and that bounce after Maureen leaving was prob more to do with his departure than Ole's management and on hindsight prob hasn't helped in the long run. But now that he's there I'm not sure getting rid of him will help that much. It's certainly not going to make the role more appealing for any potential managers out there to see another manager jettisoned.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

laoislad

8th.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ambrose

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2019, 10:52:11 AM
8th.

7 points behind the leaders, 2 points above the relegation zone.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Cunny Funt

Hasn't taken much to replace Sanchez, when he played it was like United were playing with 10 men and in the 4 games this season Daniel James has done more in the United shirt than the 45 games Alexis played.

Pochettino who some think would do better even though some are ignoring the fact that he's currently managing a better squad of players with plenty of leaders and match changers at a club that doesn't carry the same pressure or attention that United does and his league record since Ole arrived in December is worse with less points and more defeats.

Long story short the clueless owners that gave the job to Solskjaer full time too soon will likely sack him if United have no champions league football next season and if that happens and his replacement was Poch i don't see things improving much if at all.

trailer

Let Laoisloser have his fun. He's never seen Loserpool win the league and Klopp's flops won't change that anytime soon.