26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Rossfan

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2020, 10:03:43 PM
I see Paudge Connolly ex TD and now a Monaghan Councillor was one of the 80.
Allegations he came home from a golf outing in Spain a few days before heading for Clifden so no 14 day quarantine.

Hopefully the full list will come out soon.

I'm sure the Indo will be all over it: I'll wait for their pullout on it on Sunday!!
Seamus Wolfe High Court Judge
Pat McCartan Judge and one time Stickie/Workers Party etc
Áine (ex FF Junior Minister) Brady, her husband Gerry once a FF TD and Councillor and the original Bradys Ham. Both residents of locked down Kildare.
Sean O'Rourke ex RTÉ journalist.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Ignoring the whole Covid breaches, the event very much highlights the inherent corruption that is in place between the Irish establishment and the elite.

Politicians from the establishment parties
Judges
RTE broadcasters
Banking lobbyists
etc
etc

All schmoozing about greasing each others wheels, it would make you sick.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rois

I was a spectator at the Ryder Cup, Gleneagles, 2014.
Martin McGuinness walked past me inside the ropes down the fairway towards the first green on the first day of competition, following Rory McIlroy's entourage. You couldn't buy that access, you'd have had to be invited.

So don't be naive, it is not just the establishment parties at that sort of craic.

sid waddell

Jaysus

Bubbles are terrible thing in politics

https://twitter.com/jfjohnston/status/1297078087226740737

QuoteMandy Johnston
@jfjohnston
CEO
@offshoreireland
Irish Offshore Operators' Association. Former Government Press Secretary & Political Advisor. I have some views they are personal.

I'm going to say what everyone else is thinking. Phil Hogan should get a pass. He was as wrong as everyone else, he should say sorry, but the reality is that his position is too important for Ireland in a no deal Brexit landscape.

Denn Forever

Can't have an election or we'd have to share power with SF.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gallsman

Quote from: sid waddell on August 22, 2020, 09:58:20 AM
Jaysus

Bubbles are terrible thing in politics

https://twitter.com/jfjohnston/status/1297078087226740737

QuoteMandy Johnston
@jfjohnston
CEO
@offshoreireland
Irish Offshore Operators' Association. Former Government Press Secretary & Political Advisor. I have some views they are personal.

I'm going to say what everyone else is thinking. Phil Hogan should get a pass. He was as wrong as everyone else, he should say sorry, but the reality is that his position is too important for Ireland in a no deal Brexit landscape.

Looks like tweet has been deleted...

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 22, 2020, 11:18:51 AM
Can't have an election or we'd have to share power with SF.

Bring it on.

Rossfan

Angelo

Can anyone explain why there was not widespread outrage at the funeral of the Garda in Mayo by the free state establishment when they got themselves in such a tizzy over Bobby Storey's funeral.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on August 23, 2020, 01:35:35 PM
Can anyone explain why there was not widespread outrage at the funeral of the Garda in Mayo by the free state establishment when they got themselves in such a tizzy over Bobby Storey's funeral.
I'd guess it was because the funeral of Garda Horkan observed social distancing protocols whereas the Storey funeral had 120 people in the church when there was supposed to be 10

Normally the Taoiseach and the President would be present at the funeral of a Garda who was murdered but they were not on this occasion, only the Minister for Justice was

Also I would say the fact that Horkan was a Garda murdered while on duty - while Storey was a bank robber - would probably have something to do with the respective reactions

The very fact that you using whataboutery as regards the Horkan funeral is an admission that the Storey one broke the rules

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on August 23, 2020, 01:46:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 23, 2020, 01:35:35 PM
I'd guess it was because the funeral of Garda Horkan observed social distancing protocols whereas the Storey funeral had 120 people in the church when there was supposed to be 10

Normally the Taoiseach and the President would be present at the funeral of a Garda who was murdered but they were not on this occasion, only the Minister for Justice was

Also I would say the fact that Horkan was a Garda murdered while on duty - while Storey was a bank robber - would probably have something to do with the respective reactions

The very fact that you using whataboutery as regards the Horkan funeral is an admission that the Storey one broke the rules

You'd guess wrong.

The funeral of the Garda was covered live on TV and it was pretty easy to discern from the pictures that the numbers in the church clearly breached the guidelines.

Here's a video of it, you can do a headcount if you want going in.

https://www.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/funeral-of-detective-garda-colm-horkan/281698266273810/

25 was the limit, if you can count there are a lot more of 25 entering the church there.

So, WRONG and there is actually completely unequivocal and irrefutable evidence there that there were breaches in the church at that funeral.

Yet not a dickie bird about it. If you are going to come on here and make false equivalency then you should pay attention to proof that contradicts your claims and a lack of proof that fails to support your other double standards.

This funeral was attended by numerous members of the Gardai Siochana and the Minister for Justice, those charged with upholding this.

There's a huge difference between a funeral service and a golf society piss up.

It's an absolutely bizarre path you are pursuing here.

Angelo

If you want to do a headcount, then be my guest Sid - and that's only a portion of the church.

It's conclusive proof that the funeral did not adhere to guidelines on funeral services.

I await your retraction.

Rossfan

Dear Angelo,
Seeing as we're on a whataboutery exercise....
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question....
Do you condemn it condone the murder of Tom Oliver?

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2020, 02:33:48 PM
Dear Angelo,
Seeing as we're on a whataboutery exercise....
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question....
Do you condemn it condone the murder of Tom Oliver?

Absolutely.

I also condemn the 100 or so the FF/IRA FG/IRA disappeared in the War of Independence.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/the-100-disappearances-by-the-ira-during-the-irish-revolution-1.4191565

Yesterday was also the 98th anniversary of FF/IRA murdering the leader of FG/IRA.

You'll notice Mrs Lindsay doesn't quite grab the same attention as Jean McConville does from the Free State establishment.

sid waddell

So we now know Sinn Fein supporters don't actually care about breaking the rules, given they believe it's fine for the Sinn Fein leadership to do so

Given that, why aren't they calling for Dara Calleary and Jerry Buttimer to be reinstated?

Double standards