26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

marty34

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 03:56:30 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 03:32:51 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 03:13:04 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 02:34:55 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 02:14:08 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 02:03:43 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 12:50:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 10:46:53 AM
Sinn Fein are worse as it was their leadership who broke the rules
Dara Calleary is the FF deputy leader.

They are completely fair game to be brought up in relation to what happened in Clifden
By the same token, wouldn't you suggest that those FFGers like Neale Richmond who were all over twitter like a rash after the Storey funeral, but who are being silent as mice today, are fair game? I see the only tweet written by Neale since this story has broken, is about how nice a walk it is around Lough Hyne in Co. Cork  ::)
Mary Lou McDonald is the Sinn Fein leader

Michelle O'Neill is the NI leader of Sinn Fein

Have a go at whoever you want, there's hypocrisy within FG for sure, but SF are really deep into the rabbit hole of hypocrisy here and it's not a conspiracy or an "anti-Sinn Fein media" thing, it's more than fair game to bring it up

Sid, you seem more annoyed at SF today than at the government which flaunted the rules that it had quite literally only just set. I'm sorry to break it to you, but SF ain't the story today.

SF are by far the biggest hypocrites of all in this

Their leaders brazenly flouted the rules

Yet SF people don't care, while simultaneously calling on others to resign on national media, RTE Radio 1

They can call on others to resign when they call on their own party leaders to resign

They can talk when they cut out the one rule for SF, another rule for everybody else nonsense

Fair?

Why should there be one rule for SF, and another rule for everybody else?

Answer that

I thank you for proving my point so speedily and emphatically. Once again, the story today isn't SF. I know you wish it was. But it's just not.
Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection - it's quite instructive to see which political figures Sinn Fein people model their responses on

One rule for SF, another rule for others

And a deliberate two fingers to the families of the dead who adhered to the rules -  just like the two fingers those in Clifden gave

At least Calleary (FF) and Buttimer (FG) had a small modicum of decency and resigned

Which Sinn Fein would never allow to happen - because with Sinn Fein, it's party first - always

So let me get this straight:

1. News today is dominated with the revelation that a succession of FFGers were caught out breaching the lockdown rules they had literally only just implemented
2. Your immediate reaction is to post a series of repeated, lengthy attacks on SF
3. I attempt to remind you about today's news story and simply remind you that it centres around FFG and their attendance at the golf event.
4. You reply with another lengthy attack of SF and accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection"??

I tip my hat to you sir. That takes some brass balls.

Don't be worried by the Fianna Gael bot. Probably sent out by hq to deflect.

I wonder how long this government will last?

One more and it could be curtains.  I wonder who'll be appointed to the minister's role now - any disgruntled TDs that didn't get a gig last time out.
"The Fianna Gael bot"

Deary me

Never voted for a Fianna Fail or Fine Gael candidate in me life, never will

I voted number one for Sinn Fein at two successive general elections - 2011 and 2016 (Eoin O'Broin in Dublin Mid-West)

No longer, because it's become increasingly clear the party is full of shit and cares only about party (I gave O'Broin and Mark Ward a 5 and 6 in 2020 if you must know)

Gave the two Fine Gael candidates the bottom two preferences on my ballot and left the two Fianna Fail candidates blank

Again, like another poster here, you need to read what Hannah Arendt wrote - one of the biggest tricks of the totalitarian elites of the 1920s and 1930s was to turn statements of fact into questions of motive

Shinners hate facts, so play the victim card at every opportunity, even where they are blatantly in the wrong

Me thinks you doth protest too much

#fiannagael bot

Dire Ear

sid waddell

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 04:07:20 PM

They are completely fair game to be brought up in relation to what happened in Clifden
By the same token, wouldn't you suggest that those FFGers like Neale Richmond who were all over twitter like a rash after the Storey funeral, but who are being silent as mice today, are fair game? I see the only tweet written by Neale since this story has broken, is about how nice a walk it is around Lough Hyne in Co. Cork  ::)

Have a go at whoever you want, there's hypocrisy within FG for sure, but SF are really deep into the rabbit hole of hypocrisy here and it's not a conspiracy or an "anti-Sinn Fein media" thing, it's more than fair game to bring it up

Sid, you seem more annoyed at SF today than at the government which flaunted the rules that it had quite literally only just set. I'm sorry to break it to you, but SF ain't the story today.

Yet SF people don't care, while simultaneously calling on others to resign on national media, RTE Radio 1

They can call on others to resign when they call on their own party leaders to resign

They can talk when they cut out the one rule for SF, another rule for everybody else nonsense

Fair?

Answer that

I thank you for proving my point so speedily and emphatically. Once again, the story today isn't SF. I know you wish it was. But it's just not.
Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection - it's quite instructive to see which political figures Sinn Fein people model their responses on

And a deliberate two fingers to the families of the dead who adhered to the rules -  just like the two fingers those in Clifden gave

At least Calleary (FF) and Buttimer (FG) had a small modicum of decency and resigned

Which Sinn Fein would never allow to happen - because with Sinn Fein, it's party first - always

1. News today is dominated with the revelation that a succession of FFGers were caught out breaching the lockdown rules they had literally only just implemented
2. Your immediate reaction is to post a series of repeated, lengthy attacks on SF
3. I attempt to remind you about today's news story and simply remind you that it centres around FFG and their attendance at the golf event.
4. You reply with another lengthy attack of SF and accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection"??

One more and it could be curtains.  I wonder who'll be appointed to the minister's role now - any disgruntled TDs that didn't get a gig last time out.
"The Fianna Gael bot"

Deary me

I voted number one for Sinn Fein at two successive general elections - 2011 and 2016 (Eoin O'Broin in Dublin Mid-West)

No longer, because it's become increasingly clear the party is full of shit and cares only about party (I gave O'Broin and Mark Ward a 5 and 6 in 2020 if you must know)

Gave the two Fine Gael candidates the bottom two preferences on my ballot and left the two Fianna Fail candidates blank

Again, like another poster here, you need to read what Hannah Arendt wrote - one of the biggest tricks of the totalitarian elites of the 1920s and 1930s was to turn statements of fact into questions of motive

Shinners hate facts, so play the victim card at every opportunity, even where they are blatantly in the wrong

#fiannagael bot

As I suspected, you have zero argument

Sinn Fein have obviously decided the best strategy for them is to flash a two fingers sign at the families of the dead, who had to make heartbreaking sacrifices to stay within the rules

Not much change from their history there, you'd have to say

sid waddell

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 21, 2020, 04:18:55 PM
Sid's sad
You might think I'm sad but what's a lot sadder is politicians (FF, FG, SF) and online party operatives (only SF here as far as I can see) giving a two fingers to the families of the dead, and everybody else who has observed the rules

And all for a bank robber

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 03:48:21 PM
It's blindingly obvious you don't give two hoots about the rules, and neither does Sinn Fein

The way Shinnerbots defend themselves is by going full Trump - refusing to answer simple questions, claiming one rule for the them, another rule entirely for everybody else

The above is a classic example

Reading the above reaction to today's news from Sid - you'd be forgiven for thinking that the Golf event that's dominating today's news was attending by SF figures.

You know, I actually pointed out to Sid that the event was in actual fact attended by a series of FFG figures (and not by any SF figures). His response was to accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection".

Sid's some craic.

Angelo

It's amazing how people are focusing on Bobby Storey's funeral during this.

Shortly before, after or around Storey's funeral and the fallout. The FG Minister for Justice and a whole host of other public representatives, members of the Gardai all breached the corresponding guidelines at the the funeral of the Garda down in Mayo and there was barely a dicky bird about in the 26 press.

Free Staters would sicken you with their sanctimony.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 04:30:53 PM
It's blindingly obvious you don't give two hoots about the rules, and neither does Sinn Fein

The way Shinnerbots defend themselves is by going full Trump - refusing to answer simple questions, claiming one rule for the them, another rule entirely for everybody else

Reading the above reaction to today's news from Sid - you'd be forgiven for thinking that the Golf event that's dominating today's news was attending by SF figures.

You know, I actually pointed out to Sid that the event was in actual fact attended by a series of FFG figures (and not by any SF figures). His response was to accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection".

Sid's some craic.

Sinn Fein leadership are guilty of the exact same thing

You think it's an issue when others do it

But you couldn't care less when Sinn Fein do it

Which just shows your supposed concern over what happened in Clifden is completely false, you don't actually care about what happened, you only care about who was involved so you can score political points

Whereas I demand the same standards from people across parties as regards obeying the rules

I don't hold double standards on this

You do

That's classic Trumpism

marty34

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 04:07:20 PM

Fair?

Answer that

"The Fianna Gael bot"

Deary me

#fiannagael bot

As I suspected, you have zero argument

Sinn Fein have obviously decided the best strategy for them is to flash a two fingers sign at the families of the dead, who had to make heartbreaking sacrifices to stay within the rules

Not much change from their history there, you'd have to say

The thing is there was over 80 of them there...O'Rourke the ex-RTÉ muppet, Hogan, a high ranking judge and the two who have been named.

A nice wee cosy cartel - the old boys club playing golf together. A real cabal of the establishment.

F*#k the establishment.

The key question is, who else was there? Are the other 70+ named.  It's be interesting to see who else is in the cabal.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 04:39:57 PM

Sid's some craic.

Which just shows your supposed concern over what happened in Clifden is completely false, you don't actually care about what happened, you only care about who was involved so you can score political points

Whereas I demand the same standards from people across parties as regards obeying the rules

You do

That's classic Trumpism

Well said

Chief

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 21, 2020, 07:07:27 PM

Sid's some craic.

You do

That's classic Trumpism

Well said

Both were wrong - no question.

But in terms of the spectrum - bad choices at a funeral seem more understandable than bad choices at a golf event.

Snapchap

Sid's some craic.

You do

That's classic Trumpism

Well said

"You're only interested in scoring political points....its Trump style deflection".

This from a man who has spent his day desperately trying to convince the world that "Golfgate" is a SF scandal and not a FFG one!

An absolutely outstanding example of having zero self-awareness and of how there are some grown adults around that still just don't understand the concept of irony! Bravo, Sid! Bravo!

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 08:11:36 PM

Sid's some craic.

You do

That's classic Trumpism

Well said

"You're only interested in scoring political points....its Trump style deflection".

This from a man who has spent his day desperately trying to convince the world that "Golfgate" is a SF scandal and not a FFG one!

An absolutely outstanding example of having zero self-awareness and of how there are some grown adults around that still just don't understand the concept of irony! Bravo, Sid! Bravo!

You still don't get it

You and Sinn Fein hold double standards - that what is unacceptable for others should be acceptable for Sinn Fein

And you're somehow deeply offended by me pointing out the breathtaking ludicrousness, shamelessness and entitlement of this position

You and Sinn Fein do not care about the rules on movement

You cannot hold the above position and care about the rules on movement

You only care about weaponising them for political gain

What happened in Clifden, what Dominic Cummings did and what Sinn Fein did with the Bobby Storey funeral are all the same thing - flagrant breaches of the rules

You cannot object to one without objecting to the others

Some of us actually take the rules seriously - you don't

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Seen a lot of well known SF members in Derry City somehow turn it around on SDLP today on twitter.Pack of wains whole lot of them.

Itchy

Sorry Sid, but walking outdoors in a funeral procession is not the same as 80 people indoors at a function. If you knew anything at all about this you would know that but you don't, just another empty vessel talking shite.

sid waddell

Quote from: hardstation on August 21, 2020, 09:16:06 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 04:02:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2020, 03:27:10 PM
Shinners deserve many a kicking but today is not the day for it.

The great and the bad of FF FG Court Judge and others were so wrong on so many fronts over this disgraceful episode.
Arrogant ..  we make the rules but they dont apply to us
Insulting to all those who lost loved ones and couldn't have proper Irish funerals, Weddings, Communions Confurnations kids Birthday parties all cancelled or limited to a few family members.
100 people can't attend an open air sport fixture, peopke in 3 Counties can't even leave their Counties....
But the privileged ones can do what the fkn well like.
Apparently organised by Donie Cassidy who must be around 80 yet over 70s are told to stay at home.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a right 2 fingers to all of us who have had our lives put on hold since mid March as well as all who got the ailment or who died from it.
The Shinners did the same thing as the other gobshites you mention, so can have no complaint for being lumped in with them - it's the same issue and the same stor(e)y
I wonder have the Whataboutery police been disbanded? It wouldn't be a bad thing.

Is there such a thing as an anti-Shinnerbot? Someone who finds a way to attack them no matter which party has fcuked up.
Whataboutery is an attempt to completely deflect away from your own bad behaviour by talking about that of others

It is an attempt to protect yourself by deflection

But nobody's defending or protecting those who behaved so atrociously in Clifden - there is no defence

So there's no whataboutery

The whataboutery here is, as usual from the Sinn Fein supporters, who refuse to acknowledge that their leadership is guilty of the same thing they are in uproar over when others do it

The concept of what is happening here is quite simple - if you yourself are guilty of the same thing you are crying foul over, you yourself are fair game for being exposed

The SF defences here are reminiscent of the Tory defences of Dominic Cummings - "it was outdoor", "look over there", "it's different"

But it isn't different - it's the same

Calleary and Buttimer have resigned, Hogan and Woulfe should resign, FF and FG are rightly getting it in the neck

But how can you hold a government to account when you are as bad, and actually worse because with with SF there's zero accountability at all, at least with FF and FG two of those involved have resigned - they have paid a price for their disgraceful behaviour

And I haven't seen armies of FF and FG bots and trolls defending the disgraceful behaviour of those involved like you get with SF - maybe that's because whatever you think of FF and FG, they aren't cults and the majority of their supporters actually recognise that what happened was disgraceful

Like, what's the difference between Micheal Martin's position now and that of Neil Lennon when that Celtic player went rogue and went off to Spain? I didn't see Lennon getting it in the neck - perhaps that's because Lennon didn't give the go ahead for that player to travel and the player did it entirely off his own bat - neither did Martin give the go ahead for Calleary to attend that golf society jolly

This government has been a shambles so far but I have some sympathy for Martin even though I despise FF - he is a decent man who is being badly let down by his party, which is the most limited in terms of ability I've ever seen in government here, and contains copious amounts of that traditional FF pigheadedness within it