26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Ambrose

Quote from: Ambrose on February 10, 2020, 02:19:50 PM
Looks like FF won't have a TD in Louth, sadly FG will get over the line when McGahon's votes are redistributed. The last two seats are between Nash of Labour, who won't get many transfers from the north of the county, Fitzer who is surprisingly transfer friendly this time round and the ever popular Green Party candidate Mark Deary. Hopefully Fitzer and Mark will be celebrating in the Spirit Store later this evening, but it's going to be tight.

And just as I said that Breathnach (FF) who was on the verge of conceding recieved 2500 transfers and is back in the race.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Rossfan

For bitter Mr Itchy's information Roscommon had a female TD in the 1960s.
We have a history of dumping TDs and ekected the first Sinn Féin MP in 1917.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on February 10, 2020, 02:35:59 PM

I didnt say it was a 1st woman, I just congratulated you on electing a woman as its seems a rarity in Roscommon.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rudi on February 10, 2020, 02:27:46 PM
Kate O Connell, Regina Doherty, Shane Ross & Ruth Coppinger good riddance. The establishment has got a serious kicking, no harm in the long run. It's a small bit worrying that SF councillors that struggled to make seats in the locals, romped home in the General. Looks like a major protest vote, interesting to see how they perform in real life government.

This

five points

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 10, 2020, 02:29:41 PM
It was coming going by the last election. Two independents and the FF lad just about grabbed the 3rd seat

FF made a big error by putting in a 2nd candidate,
they basically fell between two stools. As for FG all faith was lost in them since they closed down the A&E after election promises to keep it open.

Eugene Murphy was shafted by his own HQ.

weareros

Quote from: Itchy on February 10, 2020, 02:42:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 10, 2020, 02:35:59 PM

I didnt say it was a 1st woman, I just congratulated you on electing a woman as its seems a rarity in Roscommon.

Curious: when did ye modern, liberal Cavan men elect first women TD. Was it not 2016! We are over 50 years ahead of ye cavemen.
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/an-appreciation-joan-burke-1.2890885

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 10, 2020, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: Rudi on February 10, 2020, 02:27:46 PM
Kate O Connell, Regina Doherty, Shane Ross & Ruth Coppinger good riddance. The establishment has got a serious kicking, no harm in the long run. It's a small bit worrying that SF councillors that struggled to make seats in the locals, romped home in the General. Looks like a major protest vote, interesting to see how they perform in real life government.

This

I think it's refreshing that the electorate of the Free State has finally woken up to the fact that the establishment parties only wish to serve the vested interests and the elite of society.

I wouldn't say it's worrying at all when you see the mismanagement, corruption and incompetence FF and FG have overseen.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

highorlow

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/public-hasnt-shown-confidence-in-our-ability-to-govern-ffs-cowen-calls-for-sf-to-form-left-coalition-38942728.html

Biffo want's none of a SF coalition.

So if we have a left coalition which would be a minority government it will need some form of confidence and supply.

Looks like there will be a fairly big split in the FF camp in the coming weeks.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

johnnycool

Shinners sitting on 37 seats.

I presume that's there lot as they only stood one candidate in each constituency barring the likes of Donegal and a few other border constituencies...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: johnnycool on February 10, 2020, 04:35:03 PM
Shinners sitting on 37 seats.

I presume that's there lot as they only stood one candidate in each constituency barring the likes of Donegal and a few other border constituencies...

I'd imagine so alright. Cork NW had no SF candidate. I think that's the only constituency that didn't have one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

They got no seat in six Constituencies but 2 in Donegal, Cavan/Monaghan and Louth so 37 total.
Labour/SDP and loonyleft will make around  15 at most plus  say 5 or 6 leftish Independent ... might get up to 60. If the Greens are included maybe 70/72.
FG are determined to go into opposition so over to FF who will be just about the biggest party.
Will FF and FG let them form a minority Government and then vote down anything they dont like?
I heard a FF chap from Cavan on radio earlier calling for Martin to resign while I think FG have a rule that if they lose an Election the leader has to face a confidence vote.

Ambrose

Louth will have no Fianna Fáil represenation in Dáil Éireann for the first time in the history of the state.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Denn Forever

who are the CD party? Are they a splinter group?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

I cannot see a govt without FF based on the figures. There's too much of a 'motley crew' (of parties) to form a left wing government. FF have a lot of thinking and soul searching  to do over the next few weeks.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Ambrose on February 10, 2020, 05:25:33 PM
Louth will have no Fianna Fáil represenation in Dáil Éireann for the first time in the history of the state.
No FF TDs in Meath West or Ros/Galway.  None elected in Kildare South but Ó Fearghail returned automatically as outgoing Ceann Comhairle.
No FG TDs in Tipp or Ros/Galway.