26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

five points

Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2020, 02:36:01 PM
]

How do you fathom out every private sector tenant is kicked onto the street?

Where will they go if the rent isn't paid?

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 05, 2020, 11:16:48 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 05, 2020, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on February 05, 2020, 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 05, 2020, 09:47:53 AM
Briege Quinn on the Stephen Nolan show this morning calling on Conor Murphy to quit and Doug Beattie and Jim Allister on now doing the same. The story has now grown legs since last night and Conor Murphy could now be under serious pressure.

Jim Allister is on the Nolan Show???

FFS. People still listen to that tripe?

Whether it is opportunistic or not it does show how the media set the news agenda. They can dictate what and how news is reported. The Paul Quinn case has lay dormant for 13 years but has been resurrected a few days out from an election and I am sure there are others that could have been brought up. SF were always going to have to deal with the remnants of the troubles for a generation or more and will probably now suffer at the polling booths as a result which was always the intention. Paul Quinn's death has effectively been used as a political football for those who aren't really genuinely bothered about his family's plight for the rest of the time.
The use of the killing of Paul Quinn is opportunistic to say the least. As you say no one iota of concern have people got for poor Briege Quinn nor do they actually know the facts. I need to be careful what I say but in terms of what was said by Murphy all I'll say is that not everything is black and white. The Quinn family are being used and that's the disgusting thing about it all.
Bertie in 2007 is on record quoting intelligence an d saying something along the lines of Conor Murphy.

Snapchap

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 05, 2020, 03:12:14 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 05, 2020, 11:16:48 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 05, 2020, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on February 05, 2020, 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 05, 2020, 09:47:53 AM
Briege Quinn on the Stephen Nolan show this morning calling on Conor Murphy to quit and Doug Beattie and Jim Allister on now doing the same. The story has now grown legs since last night and Conor Murphy could now be under serious pressure.

Jim Allister is on the Nolan Show???

FFS. People still listen to that tripe?

Whether it is opportunistic or not it does show how the media set the news agenda. They can dictate what and how news is reported. The Paul Quinn case has lay dormant for 13 years but has been resurrected a few days out from an election and I am sure there are others that could have been brought up. SF were always going to have to deal with the remnants of the troubles for a generation or more and will probably now suffer at the polling booths as a result which was always the intention. Paul Quinn's death has effectively been used as a political football for those who aren't really genuinely bothered about his family's plight for the rest of the time.
The use of the killing of Paul Quinn is opportunistic to say the least. As you say no one iota of concern have people got for poor Briege Quinn nor do they actually know the facts. I need to be careful what I say but in terms of what was said by Murphy all I'll say is that not everything is black and white. The Quinn family are being used and that's the disgusting thing about it all.
Bertie in 2007 is on record quoting intelligence an d saying something along the lines of Conor Murphy.

I quoted his statement a few pages back.

Also, the British Government's own Independent Monitoring Commission, looking at the case, said the following:

So we have Bertie Ahern as Taoiseach, the British Government's Monitoring Commission and Conor Murphy all having said his murder was linked to criminality, but only one of those three people/bodies are being asked for a public apology for the stating the claim. And this week, of all weeks, weirdly.

The cynical use of victims by gombeen political and media figures in the south is utterly disgusting. Though I do see Colum Eastwood has mysteriously chosen this week to raise the subject in Westminster. How odd that the leader of FF's sister party is only taking an interest this week eh?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Snapchap on February 05, 2020, 03:29:05 PM
So we have Bertie Ahern as Taoiseach, the British Government's Monitoring Commission and Conor Murphy all having said his murder was linked to criminality, but only one of those three people/bodies are being asked for a public apology for the stating the claim. And this week, of all weeks, weirdly.

The cynical use of victims by gombeen political and media figures in the south is utterly disgusting. Though I do see Colum Eastwood has mysteriously chosen this week to raise the subject in Westminster. How odd that the leader of FF's sister party is only taking an interest this week eh?

he's been very quiet with regards to Claire Hanna's canvassing for both Labour and Fine Gael in the south.

Rossfan

I don't see any SF supporters here condemning the awful savage murder of young Quinn by a gang of (allegedly Provo) thugs.
Meanwhile
https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/roscommon/sister-roscommon-garda-killed-ira-robbery-calls-sensitivity-sinn-fein-leader/
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 05, 2020, 02:54:48 PM
All out media assault on SF today. Times, Maria Cahill in the Indo, Sean O'Rourke on RTE radio had almost his show devoted to them today.

Not a SF voter but it's quite something to see the establishment go after them this week.

For me it's interesting to observe just how a media establishment can use print and news to influence public thinking. Billionaire media moguls in the UK such as Rupert Murdoch and Viscount Rothermere have used this influence to promote Brexit and countless UK elections on behalf of the Tory party and there exists a similar establishment cabal in Irish media only on a smaller scale. Once their interests come under threat they batten down the hatches and it's full scale attack. The same thing happened Corbyn in consecutive elections in the UK when publications such as the Daily Mail, The Sun and The Telegraph continually attacked him on a daily basis. It's all aimed at protecting big business financial interests. 

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on February 05, 2020, 03:42:32 PM
I don't see any SF supporters here condemning the awful savage murder of young Quinn by a gang of (allegedly Provo) thugs.
Meanwhile
https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/roscommon/sister-roscommon-garda-killed-ira-robbery-calls-sensitivity-sinn-fein-leader/

I don't hear any FF supporters coming out and condemning the savage murder of 6 year old Mary Boyle by a (alleged FF close ally) paedophile.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

Meanwhile

Have you seen any condone it?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

Meanwhile

FFS  ::) So now anonymous online discussion board contributors have to condemn murder to appease those who are busily pretending to care about it? Away and cop yourself on.

If it keeps you happy though, Snapchap condemns this brutal murder unreservedly. I trust this is of comfort to you, given your obvious and long standing (almost a week believe it or not) concern for the Quinns? Snapchap also condemns those cynically pretending to care about the murder this week. These people will be easily identified by their sudden disinterest in the case come Sunday morning.

In other news, I see Conor Murphy has now apologised for having stated the same thing the British Government's IMF report said about the murder. I await the clamour for an apology from the British Government to be demanded by Micheal Martin, Ivan Yates, Sean O'Rourke, Miriam O'Callaghan and, crucially, from the world of anonymous internet discussion forum contributors like 'Rossfan' who have been deeply concerned about the Quinn family campaign for absolutely hours now.

yellowcard

Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2020, 03:57:23 PM
Meanwhile

I don't hear any FF supporters coming out and condemning the savage murder of 6 year old Mary Boyle by a (alleged FF close ally) paedophile.

The bread and butter issues of health, homelessness and crime have now been hijacked by mud slinging back and forward over incidents that happened years ago. I don't see how any of this is particularly relevant to the real issues that matter in this election.

Now we have Stephen Nolan getting a TV show on the Paul Quinn issue again tonight. He has latched onto the story and is using it to sensationalise the issue for TV ratings and will no doubt wheel out some Unionist politicians looking for Murphy's head on a plate.   

Angelo

Quote from: yellowcard on February 05, 2020, 04:08:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2020, 03:57:23 PM
Meanwhile

The bread and butter issues of health, homelessness and crime have now been hijacked by mud slinging back and forward over incidents that happened years ago. I don't see how any of this is particularly relevant to the real issues that matter in this election.

Now we have Stephen Nolan getting a TV show on the Paul Quinn issue again tonight. He has latched onto the story and is using it to sensationalise the issue for TV ratings and will no doubt wheel out some Unionist politicians looking for Murphy's head on a plate.   

The skeletons of the establishment parties down south are not be poked at, no matter how murky and truly disgusting they are.

Evil Genius

All out media assault on SF today. Times, Maria Cahill in the Indo, Sean O'Rourke on RTE radio had almost his show devoted to them today.

Not a SF voter but it's quite something to see the establishment go after them this week.
Oh for the days when if someone had a go at you, you could just send the boys round and relieve them of their kneecaps. Or (pace Ms Cahill) raped them in a safe house. That usually solved it

And it's so very tiresome to actually have to answer for all the things you do and say, particularly at election time, when there's personation and all sorts to be getting on with.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Angelo

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 05, 2020, 04:34:25 PM

Oh for the days when if someone had a go at you, you could just send the boys round and relieve them of their kneecaps. Or (pace Ms Cahill) raped them in a safe house. That usually solved it

And it's so very tiresome to actually have to answer for all the things you do and say, particularly at election time, when there's personation and all sorts to be getting on with.

If mudslinging and accountability is the order of the day it should not be limited to SF.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. How are the Dublin/Monaghan bombing victims and the victims of the Stardust fire getting on in their bid for justice?

Rossfan

As the cliche goes "they're playin senior hurling now" and its Championship not League so it's tough and intense.
Anyway when the dust has settled what's the likely outcome in seats?
I'll guess at
FF 50
SF 28
FG 27
Greens10
Labour 8
SDP 3
Loony  left 4
The rest 30
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: five points on February 05, 2020, 03:12:00 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2020, 02:36:01 PM
]

How do you fathom out every private sector tenant is kicked onto the street?

Where will they go if the rent isn't paid?

Do you generally answer questions with other questions?