American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 18, 2021, 02:04:13 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 18, 2021, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2021, 02:43:24 AM
Not a nice way to go out for a legend but Brees has been terrible this evening just makes what Brady's been doing the past few years even more impressive!

Second half in particular was awful for Brees. Interesting to see what the Saints do now because Jameis isn't the answer and neither is Taysom Hill.

Two good match ups ahead. Mahomes seems confident he will be available but the Bills will defo be a big test. I thought Rodgers was brilliant on Sat night. More of that and I'd think they'll progress.

The saints will probably tank for next years star rookie quarterback from the draft. They are in cap hell and will be cutting players to get under the cap.

They should be going for Watson but realistically they can't... where will he end up?!

lurganblue

Not a nice way to go out for a legend but Brees has been terrible this evening just makes what Brady's been doing the past few years even more impressive!

Second half in particular was awful for Brees. Interesting to see what the Saints do now because Jameis isn't the answer and neither is Taysom Hill.

Two good match ups ahead. Mahomes seems confident he will be available but the Bills will defo be a big test. I thought Rodgers was brilliant on Sat night. More of that and I'd think they'll progress.

The saints will probably tank for next years star rookie quarterback from the draft. They are in cap hell and will be cutting players to get under the cap.

95 million over the cap according to The Herd

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2021, 11:49:25 PM

They should be going for Watson but realistically they can't... where will he end up?!

Yeah unfortunately it looks like they can't. Rumour of him going to Miami. Brees was supposed to go to Miami to but called in to speak with the saints on the way. There'll be no repeat of that

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Silver hill

Major f@@k up by packers taking the field goal in the 4th when 8 down.

ONeill

Quote from: Silver hill on January 24, 2021, 11:43:08 PM
Major f@@k up by packers taking the field goal in the 4th when 8 down.

I've tried looking at that from a positive and can't find it. Bad enough in normal games, but with Brady on the ball it was suicide.

thewobbler

Same.

As one of the lads on Sky was saying - if you trust your defence enough to stop Brady in less than 10 yards, then why not run the 4th down play anyway?

screenexile

They were right there it was a huge gamble to presume they'd get back down there again a bird in the hand and all that.

Brady was a mixed bag some brilliant throws and then too many interceptions. Serious achievement though and the fact he's done it somewhere else shows serious balls and massive hunger @ 43 and having done everything there is to do.

screenexile

Also Rodgers not running to the end zone on the 3rd down was a huge mistake by him!

ONeill

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2021, 12:56:27 AM
Also Rodgers not running to the end zone on the 3rd down was a huge mistake by him!

He was never making that

TwoUpTwoDown

There was a chance on second down too. I honestly think he bricked it. He wasn't happy in post game interview either.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2021, 01:05:16 AM

He was never making that

He would have gotten closer though and it could have pushed them towards going for it on 4th he was making yards definitely.

tyroneman

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2021, 01:41:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2021, 01:05:16 AM

He was never making that

He would have gotten closer though and it could have pushed them towards going for it on 4th he was making yards definitely.

I'd say it was 70-30 in his favour he was making it, but as said...it would have left them a lot closer to the end zone if he didn't.

Packers had thier chances, they got two turnovers in quick susccession and did nothing with them.

Taylor

The current GOAT v the potential GOAT in the final.

Cant see the Bucs getting within a TD of them

TabClear

Quote from: Taylor on January 25, 2021, 11:09:21 AM
The current GOAT v the potential GOAT in the final.

Cant see the Bucs getting within a TD of them

Same as that but in saying that it would be typical Brady to win it by beating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive games. Two Hall of famers and in all likelihood Mahomes will be right up there with them! The Bucs defense will keep them in it and Brady will keep ticking over so you never know. I think KCs experience from last year will get them over the line.

Wonder what Belicheck and Kraft are thinking at the minute.........