China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2020, 11:24:12 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 14, 2020, 11:04:33 AM
The best one of the lot for me is the no selling beer after 8pm in shops. Literally pointless. Almost like one can't go and buy it for the 8 hours prior.

Off licenses should shut, full stop.

Have a booking system in pubs, where you can only stay an hour. If you can't be arsed booking, giving details, filling a form, adhering to distancing etc to have your drink, then do without it.

And if you flaunt the rules inside pub, you're responsible for it closing. So it's up to all punters to behave otherwise no drinky.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that - common sense approach. Again, I'm no drinker so the bars open or closed doesn't effect me in any way but I just think it's so wrong that people are buying this thing that its just spreading on the beer, it's the type of thing people throw out because it may suit their own agenda / lives. It doesn't address the actual issue one bit.

This has been the same thing now for what 7 to 8 months. It's not working.

general_lee

Absolutely ridiculous. Hospitality businesses have been shafted here. Probably the most controlled environment outside of a hospital. What you'll get now is just more house parties and domestic social gatherings which are virtually impossible to police on a wide scale.

BennyCake

Quote from: general_lee on October 14, 2020, 11:33:43 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. Hospitality businesses have been shafted here. Probably the most controlled environment outside of a hospital. What you'll get now is just more house parties and domestic social gatherings which are virtually impossible to police on a wide scale.

That's why the off licenses should close. To stop drinking/parties at home.

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 14, 2020, 11:31:53 AM
The best one of the lot for me is the no selling beer after 8pm in shops. Literally pointless. Almost like one can't go and buy it for the 8 hours prior.

Have a booking system in pubs, where you can only stay an hour. If you can't be arsed booking, giving details, filling a form, adhering to distancing etc to have your drink, then do without it.

And if you flaunt the rules inside pub, you're responsible for it closing. So it's up to all punters to behave otherwise no drinky.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that - common sense approach. Again, I'm no drinker so the bars open or closed doesn't effect me in any way but I just think it's so wrong that people are buying this thing that its just spreading on the beer, it's the type of thing people throw out because it may suit their own agenda / lives. It doesn't address the actual issue one bit.

What should be done in your opinion?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2020, 12:08:18 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54504785

The only effective way to combat this thing. Everything else is really hoping for the best.

thewobbler

Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2020, 11:45:01 AM

I really wouldn't want to inhabit the world you have in mind.

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on October 14, 2020, 12:08:18 PM

Learn to live with it. The rate of progress science is making is not one bit encouraging. Lockdowns have detrimental effects on a much broader scale.

There is going to be a stage where we see that the impact of quelling the spread of the virus is less beneficial than learning to live with it.

The virus is rampant at the minute up north, the horse has bolted so the consequences of that will soon be seen and we will see whether what has happened over the past month or so is an acceptable level of risk or not.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Pub Bore

If they said offies were closing on Friday for 4 weeks the queues would be forming now.

BennyCake

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 14, 2020, 12:15:03 PM

If they said offies were closing on Friday for 4 weeks the queues would be forming now.

Give them no notice then. Just announce it at 7am with immediate effect.

GetOverTheBar

;D I know ones who thought that back in march and bought stupid amounts of tinnies.

thewobbler

Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2020, 12:19:35 PM

Should we kneecap anyone who distils a bottle of poitin too?

——

When cases are rising all over the world, you'd be better to look at the bigger picture than your own biases for how to get in under control.

Pub Bore

Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2020, 12:19:35 PM

That could unite Catholic, Protestant and Dissenter onto the streets.  A revolution by midday!

RedHand88

Other half is positive, she's 27, no underlying conditions, doesnt smoke etc.
Symptoms started Monday morning, day 3 now and shes not fit to get out of bed.
This is something you want to avoid if you can help it.

restorepride

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2020, 01:00:59 PM
Absolutely.  Best wishes.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2020, 01:00:59 PM

Best wishes for next while. Affects different people in different ways.

You'll have to get tested now I presume.