Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Gone it seems. SMALL f**king LOSS. Man should be hung for the damage he and his legacy has caused to Britain, Ireland and Europe. Next flashpoint will probably be between the incumbent indolent mendicant BoJo and Brexit ideologue Gove (Cummings was really his creature). Unlikely to mollify the Brexiteer wing of the Tories but it may introduce more centrist moderation to the cabinet and government.

armaghniac

Brexit is on the road.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on August 31, 2018, 03:34:13 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 31, 2018, 03:07:22 PM
Had to laugh at the clown from Norn Iron, presumably Kilkeel or Portavogie complaing at being attacked by smaller French scallop boats as the fish French waters, denied to the french themselves for the summer months to protect stocks. He wanted the British Navy to come to their aid. So much for taking back control of British waters. If the fishing industry gets its way he won't be able to fish there at all next year. f**king cake and eat it Brexiteeer mentality.

The fishing industry must be full of short sighted morons more than most.

They're complaining about French and Spanish boats fishing in UK waters and can't wait till Brexit to put a stop to this, but in the same breath UK fishermen export 75% of their catch into the EU.

How are they going to manage that?

What did I tell you, thick as shít.....

https://twitter.com/bbcmartynoates/status/1327959450267901952

armaghniac

Continuing rumours about Nissan in Sunderland, at the very least they are putting serious pressure on the British.
https://twitter.com/NickGibbs/status/1330850414917455873

Pub Bore

Quote from: armaghniac on November 23, 2020, 12:57:07 PM
Continuing rumours about Nissan in Sunderland, at the very least they are putting serious pressure on the British.

didn't Theresa May give them a massive bung to stay in Sunderland a few years ago?

armaghniac

Quote from: Pub Bore on November 23, 2020, 01:37:21 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 23, 2020, 12:57:07 PM

didn't Theresa May give them a massive bung to stay in Sunderland a few years ago?

Yes, but she also promised them that they would not face tariffs into the EU market and she didn't deliver.

screenexile

Anybody else swamped with paperwork about customs declarations/Commercial Invoices and EORI numbers this week??

What a joke the Government are telling everyone a deal would be easy.

There's going to be carnage at the ports from 1st January hopefully the delays of food and medicines will not be too severe!!

seafoid

The UK economy is probably going to collapse.
Covid contracted the economy by 11.3%. Brexit could subtract another 10%
Debt incl private and public is over 300% of 2019 GDP
If 2021 GDP is 80% of 2019 GDP debt becomes 375% of GDP
They need something to GROW the economy. Brexit will contract it.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Franko

Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2020, 11:37:56 AM
Anybody else swamped with paperwork about customs declarations/Commercial Invoices and EORI numbers this week??

There's going to be carnage at the ports from 1st January hopefully the delays of food and medicines will not be too severe!!

Is there anyone who actually believed that?

If so, DM me, I have some magic beans you might be interested in.

screenexile

Quote from: Franko on November 27, 2020, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2020, 11:37:56 AM

Is there anyone who actually believed that?

If so, DM me, I have some magic beans you might be interested in.

Judging by the amount of companies scrambling around to sort out their Customs processes this past week it looks like most did.

We've had ours sorted for a long time but when we told customers in the UK to get their house in order they presumed a deal would happen so have left it until now!

Denn Forever

Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2020, 11:49:46 AM
The UK economy is probably going to collapse.
Covid contracted the economy by 11.3%. Brexit could subtract another 10%
Debt incl private and public is over 300% of 2019 GDP
If 2021 GDP is 80% of 2019 GDP debt becomes 375% of GDP
They need something to GROW the economy. Brexit will contract it.

But at least they can me their own Laws.  No straight bananas
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2020, 12:02:08 PM
We've had ours sorted for a long time but when we told customers in the UK to get their house in order they presumed a deal would happen so have left it until now!

What planet are they on? The deal may prevent tariffs but it will not prevent customs documentation. I think a lot of companies in Britain will sleepwalk into this. Their own crowd might cut them some slack for imports, but poorly prepared exporters will be shagged.

screenexile

Quote from: armaghniac on November 27, 2020, 12:29:52 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2020, 12:02:08 PM

What planet are they on? The deal may prevent tariffs but it will not prevent customs documentation. I think a lot of companies in Britain will sleepwalk into this. Their own crowd might cut them some slack for imports, but poorly prepared exporters will be shagged.

Even for Ireland the amount of EU suppliers who don't realise that when they sell stock to Ireland it comes across from the UK landbridge is unreal. We're trying to tell them they need an EORI number and Commercial Invoices but they don't understand it either!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

Short twitter thread that really is worth a read, grim for the UK obviously but talk of a UK Economic collapse is a bit much Seafoid. They won 2 World Wars you know

https://twitter.com/AntonSpisak/status/1331611585878560771?s=19