Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Here we go again.

I have been banging on about this type of stuff for the past year. There is much much more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54717656

SF ARE CORRUPT.

Elisha McCallion involved again!
Currently down in Dublin on a very large salary (job given as result of nepotism) now in the middle of this.

Will it ever end

In fairness they had no say in receiving the money as it was distributed by LPS based on a rateable value.

The issue as I'd see it, is that it took until yesterday to repay the money as they'll have no doubt noted the income over the last 6 months.

Taylor

Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 11:04:04 AM
In fairness they had no say in receiving the money as it was distributed by LPS based on a rateable value.

The issue as I'd see it, is that it took until yesterday to repay the money as they'll have no doubt noted the income over the last 6 months.

Exactly - the issue here isnt that it was paid - it is more why was it only paid back yesterday when the investigation by Fat Chops was to expose it?

Could this have been a set up from the beginning?
Someone knew SF wouldnt come clean about the money so made 3 separate payments to 3 separate people and waited until now?

Its seems very coincidental that the 'incorrect' payments were all made to SF.

Irrespective of all that - SF have fucked up here - makes them no better than the rest when it comes to financial matters (if anyone had thought they were)

trueblue1234

The DUP hasn't responded either!! My guess is they are in it same as SF.

Complete clowns.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tintin25

When will the penny finally drop for some people to stop voting for these clowns? (include DUP in that also)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Taylor on October 28, 2020, 11:20:48 AM
Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 11:04:04 AM

Exactly - the issue here isnt that it was paid - it is more why was it only paid back yesterday when the investigation by Fat Chops was to expose it?

Could this have been a set up from the beginning?
Someone knew SF wouldnt come clean about the money so made 3 separate payments to 3 separate people and waited until now?

Its seems very coincidental that the 'incorrect' payments were all made to SF.

Irrespective of all that - SF have fucked up here - makes them no better than the rest when it comes to financial matters (if anyone had thought they were)

Having quite a lot of experience in how these gangsters work id not be surprised if they somehow categorised their offices as a business. That is what they do. They find loopholes either legal or illegal and exploit them. Another trusted method they use is to filter money through community and voluntary organisatios which in many cases are listed very loosly as charities with the charity commission to avoid all sorts of charges including rates

Pub Bore

BBC reporting two things
1) The £30k was repaid by SF on Monday of this week
2) The DfE says that 452 payments were erroneously made by LPS and 70 have been repaid.

Nolan talked about his Stormont source.  Someone in the civil service has noticed these payments to SF and gone to Nolan with the story?

Will it ever end

I'd say that's absolutely the case with Nolan & his source.

I would imagine there is a fair chance other political parties as well as vacant buildings / dormant companies etc who have a rateable value will have received payments - that's the nature of the scheme & the speed at which it was setup.

The issue boils back to why they weren't paid back sooner as they'll absolutely have known the funds have been received in error.

Pub Bore

Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 01:41:34 PM

I would imagine there is a fair chance other political parties as well as vacant buildings / dormant companies etc who have a rateable value will have received payments - that's the nature of the scheme & the speed at which it was setup.

The issue boils back to why they weren't paid back sooner as they'll absolutely have known the funds have been received in error.

Yes, quite why SF didn't pay them back sooner is the story.  These grants were paid out in April & May if i remember right.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 28, 2020, 01:46:18 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 01:41:34 PM

Yes, quite why SF didn't pay them back sooner is the story.  These grants were paid out in April & May if i remember right.

So you didnt have to apply for these funds??

Will it ever end

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 02:33:53 PM
No - they were paid automatically.

To any rateable business premise? I aslo see the 450 payments were sent incorrectly to which only 70 have been returned?

Will it ever end

No - not any rateable business, small business ratepayers in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief, I think in excess of 24,000 payments had been made by LPS to businesses which shows the sheer scale of the scheme.

If you paid your rates by DD the money was automatically sent if receiving SBRR.

Given the scale & speed of the scheme setup it was inevitable errors would occur but it would come back on the individual recipient as to why they hadn't repaid the monies.

I'm sure it'll gather pace now for a name & shame exercise.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 03:03:51 PM
No - not any rateable business, small business ratepayers in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief, I think in excess of 24,000 payments had been made by LPS to businesses which shows the sheer scale of the scheme.

If you paid your rates by DD the money was automatically sent if receiving SBRR.

Given the scale & speed of the scheme setup it was inevitable errors would occur but it would come back on the individual recipient as to why they hadn't repaid the monies.

Fingers crossed. The Donegal mansions might have to go without electronic security gates or something this year

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 28, 2020, 03:12:30 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on October 28, 2020, 03:03:51 PM

Fingers crossed. The Donegal mansions might have to go without electronic security gates or something this year

Fear, theres over 350 others that haven't returned the funds. Youve a long night ahead of ye pointing the finger.