Convicted paedophile to be beheaded and crucified

Started by BerfArmagh, November 04, 2009, 02:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

What do we do, put them on a sex offenders list!!! The arabs have it right on this one

Wednesday November 04 2009

A MAN who kidnapped and raped five children, one of whom was left in the desert to die, has been sentenced to be beheaded and his body publicly crucified.

Muhammed Basheer al-Ramaly (22), from the northern city of Hail, will be executed at noon today. He will be beheaded by sword then his body tied to a wooden cross and his head stuck on a pole as a deterrent.

Al-Ramaly was found guilty in February of abducting and raping five boys, the eldest of whom was 7 and the youngest just 3, who he left out in the desert to die.

His modus operandi was to pick up the boys in his car and take them off to a secret location and rape them. Most of them were found a day or two after they were abducted, and told police that they had been abused.

Saudi reports said that police used one of the survivors, a seven-year-old boy, to scour the area where he was molested, looking for the suspect's vehicle.

Al-Ramaly allegedly confessed to the crime and was sentenced to death by a court in Hail, but appealed to a higher court in the Saudi capital, Riyadh.

Disorder

That court yesterday upheld the sentence and ordered his immediate execution. While Saudi Arabia carries out numerous beheadings -- 102 last year, according to Amnesty International -- crucifixions are relatively rare. The last one appears to have been in May, when the headless body of a sex murderer was displayed in the capital.

Amnesty said there were reports that al-Ramaly may have been suffering from a psychological disorder.

One Saudi web forum claimed that police had been surprised when he laughed as he confessed to the rapes and murder.

Saudi Arabia has come under fire from human rights groups in the past for its high number of executions.

About half of the 1,695 executed between 1985 and 2008 were foreign workers unable to pay the blood money that relatives of murder victims can demand in lieu of the death penalty, according to Amnesty. (©The Times, London)

redhandloo

Tough times don't last, tough people do!

whiskeysteve

dunno i reckon a lifetime in jail where he is known to be a paedophile would be a greater punishment
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

omagh_gael

Jaysus I wasn't aware that Saudi still carries out beheadings, 102 in the last year, ckrikey! This particular fella is a monster and while I don't agree with the death penalty the b*stard should rot in prison for the rest of his days.

ziggysego

Whilst I've no sympathy for the man, I'm against the death penalty. As others have stated here, he should serve life and life meaning life. It won't be easy for him in prison once the other inmates know what he has been convicted for.
Testing Accessibility

BerfArmagh

Personally i'd go for castration & a life sentence

5 Sams

I remember a guy I used to work who spent a few years working in Saudi telling me about the firsy time he was out and about in the main square in Riyadh on the day of a public beheading.....he saw the crowd and was curious about what was going on. The locals actually pushed him to the front of the crowd so he could see at first hand what was going on....it was as if they were saying ....this is what happens if you dont behave yourself ye boy ye...

Needless to say he filled his togs...
The Aristocrat Years

stew

A bullet to the head would suffice, that said i have no sympathy for this cnut at all and if they had dragged him behind a speeding car it would have been too god for him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Capt Pat

Ok I am against the death penalty in all its forms but I follow the logic of the first part of the punishment. Then they are going to crucify the body, WTF???????? What is that going to do for anyone? So just to point out the obvious, I would say the people deciding on that sentence are potentially as bad as the perp/perv. Doing things to dead bodies is not a healthy sign.

5 Sams

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 04, 2009, 02:57:39 PM
dunno i reckon a lifetime in jail where he is known to be a paedophile would be a greater punishment

Have to agree with this statement....I'm guessing there's no suffering involved in instant death so throw the perverted cnuts in jail with a few knuckle dragging bank robbers and tell them what they are in for..
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on November 04, 2009, 03:04:45 PM
Whilst I've no sympathy for the man, I'm against the death penalty. As others have stated here, he should serve life and life meaning life. It won't be easy for him in prison once the other inmates know what he has been convicted for.

Agree with this and also the small chance of getting it wrong and killing the wrong person.
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2009, 05:02:57 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 04, 2009, 03:04:45 PM

Agree with this and also the small chance of getting it wrong and killing the wrong person.

No sympathy for the c**t. Doing the above would effectively be a death sentence anyway so good enough. He would die either way which is what he deserves.

If it were my child I would want him dead...

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: EC Unique on November 04, 2009, 05:11:08 PM

No sympathy for the c**t. Doing the above would effectively be a death sentence anyway so good enough. He would die either way which is what he deserves.

If it were my child I would want him dead...
But if he's dead, he's out of his misery. The unfortunate child has to live with the horror all their life. That's why I'd be in favour of a life sentence (life meaning until you're dead, not 15 years or whatever it is here).

High Wide and Handsome

"Swing er over!"