The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

It was amazing the contrast in Liverpool's play in each half. Once they went ahead, we suddenly started seeing the movement and flicks and one touch football of the autumn, as opposed to the take a touch and pass square to the nearest man in an arc around the area, before someone ultimately attempts a hopeful potshot.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 21, 2017, 04:58:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2017, 03:42:12 PM
On the hand it could be an important point.
It turned out to be an important point!!( The Southampton game)
The power of positive thinking!

I'm missing "other" in that original post. :-\

Minder

And to cap a fine result Liverpool will be seeded in qualifying round for Champions League
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Great achievement to finish 4th with the poorest squad out of the Top 6. Throw in injuries and the African Nations and it makes Top 4 finish even more remarkable.

Finishing 7 points ahead of the most expensive squad ever assembled also a great achievement.

Hopefully a few big signings to come in. I reckon the 3 subs who came on today Origi,Lucas and Moreno were all playing their last game for Liverpool
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Or maybe the boy Origi came on for...

Carmen Stateside

Jurgen Klopp na na na na na   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Brilliant stuff from Jurgen and the lads.
Go on ya boya Stallion!

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 21, 2017, 06:14:58 PM
Or maybe the boy Origi came on for...
Maybe. Should be an interesting summer.

Possible opponents in the CL playoffs.
Sporting Lisbon, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys, Hoffenheim, Nice, Istanbul Basaksehir or Beşiktaş, runners-up in Greece

The Stallion

Poor season for my beloved Liverpool all things considered. Performances were generally awful even when winning games. As predicted, some of my fellow Liverpool supporters have greeted Liverpool limping into 4th spot as though it was a League title.

Hopefully Klopp is replaced as soon as possible next season.

brokencrossbar1

A 16 point and 4 place improvement in 1 season. Only 3rd time in 10 odd years that 70 points has been exceeded. Given the small squad and the amount of injuries and Mane being away to AFCON that is a good achievement. The 3 main signings have really settled in well now and have been key in the improvement. Unlike money bags clubs we have to evolve organically and being in the champions league will be huge in attracting the right candidates. The right draw will be very helpful too so that we can guarantee the place in the group stages. Centre back, left back, defensive midfielder and winger/striker.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Stallion on May 21, 2017, 06:50:59 PM
Poor season for my beloved Liverpool all things considered. Performances were generally awful even when winning games. As predicted, some of my fellow Liverpool supporters have greeted Liverpool limping into 4th spot as though it was a League title.

Hopefully Klopp is replaced as soon as possible next season.

Ok, Cat among the pigeons time. Who is the Manager you want to replace Klopp? It's one thing criticising the manager there, it's another coming up with a reasonable replacement. Also players that should be signed. Enlighten us with your wisdom!

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 21, 2017, 07:11:15 PM
A 16 point and 4 place improvement in 1 season. Only 3rd time in 10 odd years that 70 points has been exceeded. Given the small squad and the amount of injuries and Mane being away to AFCON that is a good achievement. The 3 main signings have really settled in well now and have been key in the improvement. Unlike money bags clubs we have to evolve organically and being in the champions league will be huge in attracting the right candidates. The right draw will be very helpful too so that we can guarantee the place in the group stages. Centre back, left back, defensive midfielder and winger/striker.

Absolutely.  If you had asked me at start of season if top 4 was a good result I would have bit your arm off. Obviously it is coloured slightly with disappointment given how we were sitting at Christmas and our record against the top teams but  still a decent season all in.

Need a couple of dedcent signings, get Henderson back fit and hold onto couthino in the off season.And win the bloody qualifier!!!!

Oh, would be nice to see ajax win something this season as well.

;)

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on May 21, 2017, 07:27:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 21, 2017, 07:11:15 PM

Absolutely.  If you had asked me at start of season if top 4 was a good result I would have bit your arm off. Obviously it is coloured slightly with disappointment given how we were sitting at Christmas and our record against the top teams but  still a decent season all in.

Need a couple of dedcent signings, get Henderson back fit and hold onto couthino in the off season.And win the bloody qualifier!!!!

Oh, would be nice to see ajax win something this season as well.

;)

trileacman

A huge personal achievement for klopp given how poor that squad is. It's arguably as poor a sqaud as Everton's. Only countinho, matip, Henderson and mane would make the squads of the teams below us. Need to shore it up now with a top centre back and striker and a new keeper would be nice but unlikely.

Mane, winaldjum and matip have been good signings. Mane in particular was a steal.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

TabClear

Quote from: trileacman on May 21, 2017, 09:36:22 PM
A huge personal achievement for klopp given how poor that squad is. It's arguably as poor a sqaud as Everton's. Only countinho, matip, Henderson and mane would make the squads of the teams below us. Need to shore it up now with a top centre back and striker and a new keeper would be nice but unlikely.

Mane, winaldjum and matip have been good signings. Mane in particular was a steal.

Think that's harsh. Llana, Clyne,firmino, Can, Winaldjum etc have all had solid seasons and a fit (lol) sturridge makes most teams. The problem has been strength in depth when Mane,  Henderson and Couthinho have been injured.  There is clearly a defensive issue but that may require a more fundamental Al change in system to fix

The Stallion

Quote from: trileacman on May 21, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

You don't think Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge and a few more would make the squads of teams below Liverpool?

When you're not busy fabricating nonsense about me mocking the Hillsborough tragedy you reveal a stunning lack of judgement regarding the ability of footballers.