Celtic v Rangers, Sunday 24 October, Celtic Park

Started by Lawrence of Knockbride, October 21, 2010, 06:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 24, 2010, 07:41:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2010, 06:30:10 PM
Great price today Rangers, 23/10 i backed them and Utd so happy days, thats about all Soccer is good for

Are you at it again?  ???  ::) FFS cop on

What ya on about? Ones at the club today were giving off cause i was cheering at the end of the match. I find it very strange indeed :-*
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sammymaguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2010, 08:13:11 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on October 24, 2010, 07:41:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2010, 06:30:10 PM
Great price today Rangers, 23/10 i backed them and Utd so happy days, thats about all Soccer is good for

Are you at it again?  ???  ::) FFS cop on
What ya on about? Ones at the club today were giving off cause i was cheering at the end of the match. I find it very strange indeed :-*

I am sure most of them drew their own conclusions on ya. Did you not back Arsenal -2 as well, that was banker of the day  :D :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Milltown Row2

Fiver double wasn't much,  but sure better in my pocket than Paddy's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on October 25, 2010, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2010, 04:26:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 22, 2010, 10:34:04 AM
Maybe I'll give it a miss. I prefer sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DK04cG26uA&feature=related

Almost as classy as these guys.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7olgaCdawuA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtSIxNFsXh0&feature=related

Yes - disgusting sectarian hatred and intimidation in those clips. ::)
Where was the disgusting sectarian hatred in the clip of the reception shown to Ranger's players arriving at Celtic Park?
I heard shouts of Bawbag? cĂșnt?

Doogie Browser

Neil Lennon is totally out of his depth, he has lost all 'must win' games he has been in charge of to date.

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 10:45:59 AM
Quote from: Hardy on October 25, 2010, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2010, 04:26:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 22, 2010, 10:34:04 AM
Maybe I'll give it a miss. I prefer sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DK04cG26uA&feature=related

Almost as classy as these guys.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7olgaCdawuA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtSIxNFsXh0&feature=related

Yes - disgusting sectarian hatred and intimidation in those clips. ::)

Plenty of unsporting behaviour though, would you not agree?

Yes. I was shocked. I've taken to the bed for the afternoon.

Quote from: Main Street on October 25, 2010, 12:49:45 PM
Where was the disgusting sectarian hatred in the clip of the reception shown to Ranger's players arriving at Celtic Park?
I heard shouts of Bawbag? cúnt?

I don't know what those words mean.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand these posts, unless they're attempts to pretend that Celtic-Rangers is a wholesome sporting rivalry devoid of hatred, sectarianism and naked aggression. Is it being claimed that the scenes in that clip are untypical of the atmosphere that surrounds Celtic-Rangers encounters?

Nor do I understand the ludicrous suggestion, implicit in the posting of clips some Meath apes having some inane fun and in the comments that followed, that Meath-Dublin rivalry is somehow equivalent to the Celtic-Rangers hatefest.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mylestheslasher

I think the point being made is that the earlier clip you posted contained a bunch of mindless yobs. The video of meath fans trying to get a Dublin flag was not much different in that they too were mindless yobs.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on October 25, 2010, 03:48:13 PM

I don't know what those words mean.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand these posts, unless they're attempts to pretend that Celtic-Rangers is a wholesome sporting rivalry devoid of hatred, sectarianism and naked aggression. Is it being claimed that the scenes in that clip are untypical of the atmosphere that surrounds Celtic-Rangers encounters?

Nor do I understand the ludicrous suggestion, implicit in the posting of clips some Meath apes having some inane fun and in the comments that followed, that Meath-Dublin rivalry is somehow equivalent to the Celtic-Rangers hatefest.

You provided the link to the Rangers team arriving at Celtic Park,
you then wrote in post  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=17703.msg871243#msg871243
"Yes - disgusting sectarian hatred and intimidation in those clips. ::)"
as if to say "disgusting sectarian hatred and intimidation" was present in the Celtic park clip but is not present in the Meath supporters clip.
In fact there was no sectarian abuse in the Celtic park clip.
All 3 clips are showing examples of similar levels of drunken moronic behaviour.
Though imo, the arse wipe video stank.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 25, 2010, 06:16:43 PM
I think the point being made is that the earlier clip you posted contained a bunch of mindless yobs. The video of meath fans trying to get a meath flag was not much different in that they too were mindless yobs.

Exactly
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

Sorry - I  don't get this at all. Why are people trying to draw an equivalence between Meath apes acting the clown and a mob spewing poisonous abuse at their opponents? You don't notice a difference of degree?

Is the whataboutery of posting clips of Meath fans acting the ape an attempt to deny the rotten core of the hatred between Celtic and Rangers fans? How does that work, exactly? Even if my clip wasn't well chosen as an example of the worst of what takes place between the supporters of both sides in Glasgow and further afield, does this torpedo the contention that Celtic-Rangers is largely a sectarian festival of hatred? Why seize on this as some sort of proof that this is not the case? Is it the contention that Meath-Dublin rivalry is no better? Otherwise, what exactly are your posts about?

When was the last time you heard of Dublin fans murdering Meath fans or vice versa?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hardy on October 25, 2010, 07:08:01 PM
Sorry - I  don't get this at all. Why are people trying to draw an equivalence between Meath apes acting the clown and a mob spewing poisonous abuse at their opponents? You don't notice a difference of degree?

Is the whataboutery of posting clips of Meath fans acting the ape an attempt to deny the rotten core of the hatred between Celtic and Rangers fans? How does that work, exactly? Even if my clip wasn't well chosen as an example of the worst of what takes place between the supporters of both sides in Glasgow and further afield, does this torpedo the contention that Celtic-Rangers is largely a sectarian festival of hatred? Why seize on this as some sort of proof that this is not the case? Is it the contention that Meath-Dublin rivalry is no better? Otherwise, what exactly are your posts about?

When was the last time you heard of Dublin fans murdering Meath fans or vice versa?

I agree that Celtic Rangers is much worse than Meath Dublin but you posted up a video which was countered with something similar involving Meath and I just pointed out the similarities of both. Its a bit like the time I posted a link to Di Cannio catching the ball as an "example" of good sportsmanship  while you and others replied with loads of pictures of him doing Nazi salutes (a side of him i was not aware of). Did that torpedo the notion of there being good sportsmanship elsewhere in the world?

Hardy

"Something similar" - therein lies the fallacy.