Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: redhandefender on April 09, 2018, 10:42:21 AM
Wasn't there so couldn't comment directly but whatever players were at on the pitch leave them and the ref to sort it out. Damian Barton should never have been on the pitch getting involved at all!

Lets not forget this clown has history.

How many did McCurry score

Scored 0-08 according to twitter

Localexpert

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 08, 2018, 10:30:54 PM
I heard he was judased from behind and that he's not a bit well.

Wasn't it him who judased one of our Tyrone players in the early 90s from behind?

GetOverTheBar

Darren McCurry done the scoring but Tyrone u20 Paul Donaghy done the damage - he was tremendous especially in the first half - leading to the rougher tactics later on. Conn Kilpatrick also destroyed McClure. Wonder will that be reported on to the county supremo?

Best that this is left here to be honest, was a poor showing but tempers flare at times. Thankfully nobody was really hurt.

Jeremiah O

Tight game at Michael Coney Park where Ardboe finished Very strongly against a game Aghyaran side.
Ronan McNamee has a very good game in midfield.That young Gallen lad in nets is great to watch with his forays up the field and by God he can hit a free.
Some fine scores from Kyle Coney,Wee Nishy and a clinker  from David Mulgrew helped seal the win for the Rossa.
Unconquered and unconquerable

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jeremiah O on April 09, 2018, 01:16:44 PM
Tight game at Michael Coney Park where Ardboe finished Very strongly against a game Aghyaran side.
Ronan McNamee has a very good game in midfield.That young Gallen lad in nets is great to watch with his forays up the field and by God he can hit a free.
Some fine scores from Kyle Coney,Wee Nishy and a clinker  from David Mulgrew helped seal the win for the Rossa.

Known about him for some time now - that's the way the game is going, I've always said Goalkeepers in the GAA should be effectively sweepers. Sure, he'll get caught out the odd time, but everyone can use their hands on the GAA pitch. It makes sense to have 'ball playing keepers'....to steal Peps philosophy, I suppose.

blackball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 08, 2018, 10:30:54 PM
I heard he was judased from behind and that he's not a bit well.

Damian Barton is fine, just to stop that particular rumour.

What Bigtogs leaves out is why Barton was on the field 10 minutes into the second half, Clonoe had just scored a goal to take it to a 4 point game, Edendork then scored a goal of their own. After that goal two Clonoe players had wrestled and tore the Edendork player to the ground attempting to hit him off the post - he, rightly was worried about the safety of his player.

If the above incident doesn't happen, the absolute mess of the following ten minutes doesn't happen. The game was lucky to be finished, I thought it was going to be abandoned.

Wrong!! Thats not why Barton was on the pitch that particular time, but he was on it so often its easy to get confused!

GaelTheGael

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2018, 01:20:15 PM
Quote from: Jeremiah O on April 09, 2018, 01:16:44 PM

Known about him for some time now - that's the way the game is going, I've always said Goalkeepers in the GAA should be effectively sweepers. Sure, he'll get caught out the odd time, but everyone can use their hands on the GAA pitch. It makes sense to have 'ball playing keepers'....to steal Peps philosophy, I suppose.
All well and good being an effective sweeper but going 70 yards away from goal is counter productive to. Effectively cost Aghyaran the Intermediate Championship last year.

HealyHellRaiser

Lads what is going on with Greencastle?? 2 defeats on the trot after dropping from Senior, is the slide to Junior a stark reality? Cant be a great set up with so many men not playing for them. Any one any insight to them?

bigtogs

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on April 09, 2018, 02:37:58 PM
The Urney away fixture this weekend is a must win for Greencastle. They were missing 4 senior starters (Sean Fox, Colly Touhey, Pete Teague & Devlin) for the Stewartstown game because of a wedding in Italy but all are back this weekend.  Add to that list Cahir McCullagh, Shane McCullagh, Shane Coyle, Danny McDermott, Sean Warnock, John McCullagh, Pearse Warnock, Chrissy Gillen, Peter McKenna (All in Australia) That's a massive void to fill for any club but there should still be enough quality there for them to avoid the drop this year but may require a few return flights to make sure of this.

Same thing happened Derrylaughan early 90's took them to now to recover from it....

GetOverTheBar

Did I hear correct Greencastle reserves hit something ridiculous like 10-15 against Stewartstown reserves though?

Must have decent enough players somewhere?

clarshack

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2018, 02:47:46 PM
Did I hear correct Greencastle reserves hit something ridiculous like 10-15 against Stewartstown reserves though?

we were missing quite a few yesterday and i think we started the reserve game with only 12 players with another 1 or 2 players arriving at h/t.
was in stark contrast to the weekend before when we scored 8 goals against Aghaloo.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: clarshack on April 09, 2018, 08:46:16 PM

we were missing quite a few yesterday and i think we started the reserve game with only 12 players with another 1 or 2 players arriving at h/t.
was in stark contrast to the weekend before when we scored 8 goals against Aghaloo.

Sorry didn't mean that to be derogatory, maybe it came across like that.

Fair play to Stewartstown for going ahead and playing game under those circumstances. Many a club wouldn't have bothered.

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2018, 09:20:05 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 09, 2018, 08:46:16 PM

Sorry didn't mean that to be derogatory, maybe it came across like that.

Fair play to Stewartstown for going ahead and playing game under those circumstances. Many a club wouldn't have bothered.

Yeah fair play to stewartstown - i think moy choose not to field last week even though they had enough.

Important to field if at all possible in my view.

GaaFanatic123

Heard about the Edendork/Clonoe incident, surely there will have to be sanctions, it happens far too often and wasn't it last year that Daisy ended up in hospital after a dangerous hit from behind and now Barton ends up in hospital!!
Also wasn't it Clonoe and Dromore who battered lumps outa each other aswel! Im not picking on Clonoe here im just naming a few incidents that come to my mind!
Has it really come to the stage where men leave their home for a game and end up in hospital after on field fights, sooner or later someone is going to end up really bad in hospital from a blow to the head and we can't say we haven't seen it coming!