Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driveherin

Not too far wrong  Bigtogs, it wouldn't be like clonoe to start a row. The only judasing I saw was from Clonoe. pretty sure I saw one of the players kicking an edendork man in the head after being knocked to the ground. Very brave! Edendork were winning the game by 7 points and a few Clonoe thugs thought they'd try to rough them up, but again this is probably a one off! ::)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 08, 2018, 10:30:54 PM
I heard he was judased from behind and that he's not a bit well.

Damian Barton is fine, just to stop that particular rumour.

What Bigtogs leaves out is why Barton was on the field 10 minutes into the second half, Clonoe had just scored a goal to take it to a 4 point game, Edendork then scored a goal of their own. After that goal two Clonoe players had wrestled and tore the Edendork player to the ground attempting to hit him off the post - he, rightly was worried about the safety of his player.

If the above incident doesn't happen, the absolute mess of the following ten minutes doesn't happen. The game was lucky to be finished, I thought it was going to be abandoned.

bigtogs

Quote from: driveherin on April 09, 2018, 09:15:56 AM
Not too far wrong  Bigtogs, it wouldn't be like clonoe to start a row. The only judasing I saw was from Clonoe. pretty sure I saw one of the players kicking an edendork man in the head after being knocked to the ground. Very brave! Edendork were winning the game by 7 points and a few Clonoe thugs thought they'd try to rough them up, but again this is probably a one off! ::)

So Barton did not try and head butt one of our players???... what happened after that was 100 per cent wrong from BOTH teams not sure how referee sent no one off.  Edendork run the game up to that stage you are correct and they deserved to win the game we near stole a draw at the end.  McCurry was superb

driveherin

Quote from: bigtogs on April 09, 2018, 09:22:31 AM

So Barton did not try and head butt one of our players???... what happened after that was 100 per cent wrong from BOTH teams not sure how referee sent no one off.  Edendork run the game up to that stage you are correct and they deserved to win the game we near stole a draw at the end.  McCurry was superb

That's correct - he did not try to head butt anyone. He bumped into Clonoe nr11 and was then knocked off his feet with a punch.

bigtogs

;)
Quote from: driveherin on April 09, 2018, 09:27:21 AM

That's correct - he did not try to head butt anyone. He bumped into Clonoe nr11 and was then knocked off his feet with a punch.

He led with his head and made contact.  Why did referee send Barton off and no one else.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigtogs on April 09, 2018, 09:29:29 AM
;)

He led with his head and made contact.  Why did referee send Barton off and no one else.

He didn't send him off. He asked him to leave the field to get the blood cleared from his face. Damian then watched the remainder of the game whilst getting treatment close to the clubrooms.

The referee done superbly to finish the game - Clonoe caused havoc when they went direct and hit some really bad wides immediately after the brawl in the 2nd half but it would have been cruel for Edendork to lose - they were superb.

driveherin

;)

There was no head contact from what I seen. take your black and white glasses off. Let's just agree to disagree and move on to the next one

bigtogs

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2018, 09:32:31 AM
;)

He didn't send him off. He asked him to leave the field to get the blood cleared from his face. Damian then watched the remainder of the game whilst getting treatment close to the clubrooms.

The referee done superbly to finish the game - Clonoe caused havoc when they went direct and hit some really bad wides immediately after the brawl in the 2nd half but it would have been cruel for Edendork to lose - they were superb.

According to our umpire he said referee said he Barton would not leave the Field he was not restarting the game. 

bigtogs

Quote from: driveherin on April 09, 2018, 09:35:04 AM
;)

There was no head contact from what I seen. take your black and white glasses off. Let's just agree to disagree and move on to the next one
[/quot

Barton will be facing a suspension I would say time will tell sure

driveherin

Quote from: bigtogs on April 09, 2018, 09:39:13 AM
;)

[/quot

Doubt it. It looked to me like clonoe where trying to ensure game was abandoned to avoid defeat.

bigtogs

Quote from: driveherin on April 09, 2018, 09:43:14 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on April 09, 2018, 09:39:13 AM
;)

[/quot

Doubt it. It looked to me like clonoe where trying to ensure game was abandoned to avoid defeat.

That would do your heart good I way say. 

WT4E

Was grey hoodie there?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: driveherin on September 27, 2017, 08:02:25 AM
What a great service Armagh TV provide!! Watched on in delight at that shower of arrogant tramps get beat. Mouthing after the drawn game to the pomeroy players that they had missed their chance!!! I'm assuming Cassidy said his goodbyes after the game!!!??? Clonoes sc**bag antics found out by a far superior footballing team! For a change Clonoe didn't start a fight after getting beat. Can't believe some people are talking about Danny McNulty in a tyrone jersey! he is 3 stone overweight and unable to move. Can Pomeroy beat Errigal? Its a big ask playing 3 big games in a week but heres hoping!

This is 'driveherin' last post about Clonoe prior to todays posts. He hates Clonoe that much you really couldn't take his word on what actually happened as gospel, to much hate filled perspective.

redhandefender

Wasn't there so couldn't comment directly but whatever players were at on the pitch leave them and the ref to sort it out. Damian Barton should never have been on the pitch getting involved at all!

Lets not forget this clown has history.

How many did McCurry score

bigtogs

Quote from: redhandefender on April 09, 2018, 10:42:21 AM
Wasn't there so couldn't comment directly but whatever players were at on the pitch leave them and the ref to sort it out. Damian Barton should never have been on the pitch getting involved at all!

Lets not forget this clown has history.

How many did McCurry score

McCurry best player on the field from play and frees Edendork had only 3wides in the hour.