Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 - Galway, Armagh, Derry, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Is the Armagh Westmeath game on TV. The gaago overseas schedule is not showing it 

JoG2

Quote from: dec on Today at 01:06:22 AMIs the Armagh Westmeath game on TV. The gaago overseas schedule is not showing it

The Dublin and Donegal games are being shown on Sat Dec

naka

Quote from: dec on Today at 01:06:22 AMIs the Armagh Westmeath game on TV. The gaago overseas schedule is not showing it
No it's not on GAAGO

tbrick18

Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2024, 07:30:21 PMLast week Derry were 6/1 for Sam and Galway were 12/1
Today Derry are 12/1 and Galway are 9/1

That's fair based on form.
Derry are at risk of the wheels coming off this year - even Armagh might beat us.  ;)

SouthOfThe Bann

If Armagh replicate their performance from the first 55 mins of the Ulster Final I think they could beat Derry with a bit to spare, especially if Derry's injuries dont clear up.

A lot of ifs and buts though.

statto

Is there any reason with games being played next week why the GAA can't confirm the dates and times of next weekends fixtures so that supporters can sort travel/accomodation if required.  I understand last round of games are neutral and undecided but why could they not announce the venues/times for the first two rounds at one time. 

JoG2

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on Today at 02:28:08 PMIf Armagh replicate their performance from the first 55 mins of the Ulster Final I think they could beat Derry with a bit to spare, especially if Derry's injuries dont clear up.

Think they play for 77+ mins in games these days

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 02:51:12 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on Today at 02:28:08 PMIf Armagh replicate their performance from the first 55 mins of the Ulster Final I think they could beat Derry with a bit to spare, especially if Derry's injuries dont clear up.

Think they play for 77+ mins in games these days

Derry only played for 22 the last day.

They have a bit to go.

armaghniac

Quote from: statto on Today at 02:34:46 PMIs there any reason with games being played next week why the GAA can't confirm the dates and times of next weekends fixtures so that supporters can sort travel/accomodation if required.  I understand last round of games are neutral and undecided but why could they not announce the venues/times for the first two rounds at one time. 

They draw the groups before all the teams are known, but still cannot even determine the time of the likes of Derry and Armagh when it was known for 3 weeks that Derry would be playing either Armagh or Donegal. Since neither of these counties are very far away and as both would bring a crowd, then it didn't really matter which one was going to come.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B