Connacht Centre of Excellence

Started by GaillimhIarthair, August 20, 2009, 03:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on August 29, 2010, 02:25:07 PM
Any update on the Connacht center of Excellence Has construction started?
no the slog and ross lads here  object put the kibosh on the whole thing
even though its much closer to most of them than to much of mayo anyway. I mean very few of us consider ballyhaunis really mayo anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rosnarun on August 29, 2010, 05:50:39 PM
even though its much closer to most of them than to much of mayo anyway. I mean very few of us consider ballyhaunis really mayo anyway

Ya themselves and the Toreen boys run around with long flat sticks and small baseball/cricketball type yokes, very un-Mayolike.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Coolio

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 29, 2010, 07:19:59 PM

Ya themselves and the Toreen boys run around with long flat sticks and small baseball/cricketball type yokes, very un-Mayolike.

It's Tooreen...get it right if your going to attempt to poke fun at us. ;)
We're the devils men...

whitey

Mapquest is a great yoke altogether!

Belmullet-Bekan            1hr 48 mins

Carrick-Bekan                1hr 03mins

Galway-Bekan                1hr 02 mins

Roscommon-Bekan            49 mins

Sligo-Bekan                   1hr 1 min

(As far Im concerned Belumuulet is the Spiritual Capital of Mayo Football seeing as that is where Willie Joe is from!!!!)

rosnarun

Quote from: Coolio on August 29, 2010, 07:36:37 PM

is tooreen a real place? only place i know around there is cloonfaughna(spell checker seem to think that's wrong)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ross4life

Quote from: rosnarun on August 29, 2010, 11:49:24 PM

is tooreen a real place? only place i know around there is cloonfaughna(spell checker seem to think that's wrong)

hell yeah sure tooreen used to have a famous ballroom/nightclub back in the late 60s early 70s had to be closed down after the rumor that the devil made a visit one night

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Coolio

Quote from: ross4life on August 29, 2010, 11:59:36 PM

hell yeah sure tooreen used to have a famous ballroom/nightclub back in the late 60s early 70s had to be closed down after the rumor that the devil made a visit one night

It has a pub, a (shut down) post office, a church and one of the finest small club set up's around... If only those lads up in Aughamore could run things aswell we'd have a mighty little parish!  :P
We're the devils men...

Peter Solan the Great

I see Sligo are going ahead with their center. Wait till prenty gets a hold of them. They wont get the funding for it unless they raise it themselves.

Rossfan

And we've got Planning permission for our new County facilities near Oran.
The Rhus will have the Connacht funded centre all to themselves ( which I presume was the diabolical plan all along  >:()
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross4life on August 29, 2010, 11:59:36 PM

No, it didn't have to shut down after Oul' Nick made his appearance. In fact, business was never better after the story got out and it was a case of punters being turned away every night the place was open for months afterwards.  They came from miles around on their bikes and in their Morris Minors and Ford Anglias to try and catch a glimpse of His Satanic Majesty. The story goes that a fella staggered out of his local in Ballyhaunis one night to find his tractor had gone AWOL. He just turned to one of his mates and asked him to drive him out to Tooreen and there he found his Massey Ferguson. He claimed there were three or four other tractors in the car park when he arrived.
   Business boomed and Tooreen overtook Knock in terms of people expecting to see paranormal apparitions and all that sort of stuff.
Of course the PP, Fr Horan, who was also manager of the dance hall, was delighted at the upturn in business but he stoutly denied that he had anything to do with the devil showing up.
He is reported to have said, "God works in mysterious ways but the bank manager only deals in pounds, shillings and pence and I am happy once he is happy."
Of course there was no truth in the scurrilous rumour that the good priest had got a couple of hardy bucks to grab a young puckan of a goat and slip him into the first unlocked car they came across. It seems the pair of lads knew the driver of the car and figured he'd be coming out soon with whoever he managed to bring out for a coortin' session. Anyway, the boyos shoved the goat into the back seat and kept watch. Their timing was bang on for they had hardly moved away when yer man and his coort arrived and got into the car for some serious aerobic training.
They were hardly in before they were out again, if you know what I mean!
The driver was almost in another way also for one of the pranksters said that it was priceless to see the poor lad running for his life and attempting to pull his trousers up at the same time.
But none of this happened of course and it all had to be lies and innuendo because Father (later Monsignor) Horan never told a lie- did he? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

magpie seanie

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 02, 2010, 06:08:08 PM
I see Sligo are going ahead with their center. Wait till prenty gets a hold of them. They wont get the funding for it unless they raise it themselves.

Am I the only one who thinks its absurd that a paid employee of the GAA has so much power over those who employ him?

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 02, 2010, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 02, 2010, 06:08:08 PM

Am I the only one who thinks its absurd that a paid employee of the GAA has so much power over those who employ him?

About as absurd as our employee, the Minister for Finance, telling us he did nothing wrong.
MWWSI 2017

neilthemac

Sepp Blatter is an angel in comparison to the damage Prenty does.

paid officials should not be making policy decisions and strategic decisions, but focussed on day to day running of the GAA

spectator

Seems to have been a few jollys abroad out of it also. Ah but sure all for the good o' the poor aul school childer ...  ;)

Officials defend €10m plan for new Mayo centre

"Connacht officials visited a wide variety of training facilities in Britain, including those of Manchester United and Fulham FC and Sale rugby club, to get ideas for their new project which will have six pitches, an indoor hall and indoor training and meeting facilities. "

"There may be lots of venues around but the problem is that schools cannot get into most of them to play their games," Prenty revealed. It is schools, and development squads, who will benefit most from this."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/officials-defend-836410m-plan-for-new-mayo-centre-1262721.html

neilthemac

Officials defend €10m plan for new Mayo centre

"Connacht officials visited a wide variety of training facilities in Britain, including those of Manchester United and Fulham FC and Sale rugby club, to get ideas for their new project which will have six pitches, an indoor hall and indoor training and meeting facilities. "

"There may be lots of venues around but the problem is that schools cannot get into most of them to play their games," Prenty revealed. It is MAYO schools, and MAYO development squads, who will benefit most from this."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/officials-defend-836410m-plan-for-new-mayo-centre-1262721.html

cleared that up for you