Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 14, 2020, 07:39:07 PM
Good second half performance last week. That's what is needed tomorrow. I think we will win with a few to spare. Cavan no great shakes.
Expect Kerr and Johnstone to start
We can't not start them
Can't wait for this match
Well done to the hurlers today. Mighty result

Cavan will dominate midfield. That's just how raw size works. If they push up on our kickouts ww could find it a struggle to gain consecutive possessions.

Doesn't matter how few shakes the opposites team has if they're dominating primary possession. This is going to be an exceptionally tough game for Down I reckon.

up the rovers

Quote from: dingle82 on November 14, 2020, 07:35:42 PM
Serious result today .. well done

Certainly was
Congratulations to Ronan Sheehan and everyone involved.

snoopdog

Well done to our Hurlers today. They stuck at it and did brilliantly. Hope.they can go on and win it next sat against kildare.
Tomorrow is no easy task. Up against a team that has been playing against superior opposition than Down have over last few years. I'm failing to see why Down are favourites for this game. Yes we have a chance but as said above midfield is massive tomorrow. Down have never really had a kickout strategy and I'd expect cavan to push up on any short kickouts. Hopefully our pace will see us over the line , we need to start better than last week which I feel was due to a lack of game time.

No1

What did ya reckon about that result today? I didn't see it. Boys must have performed well? Glad to see the Viper learned something about penalties from his Ballycam days!!  ;D

DuffGael

Brilliant by our hurlers today.  Well done

Dubh driocht

A brilliant result for the hurlers yesterday.  While we've had some good managers from the Ards I think we do better with managers from outside the big three. Ronan Sheehan has done an impressive job and great to see so many clubs represented.  Pairc TV coverage was excellent again.
Hopefully the courage shown yesterday will inspire the footballers today; posters are right to question why Down are favourites as realistically how many people would fancy us if we were up against Monaghan today?
We are probably at the same standard as Armagh/Derry/Cavan with a few significant differences; we have a couple of players who can 'show some magic'- thinking Mooney/O'Hagan/J Johnston/Kerr/Quinn- and we have a manager who knows what he's about and who the players trust and respect.  That should get us over the line today.

thewobbler

That's the best performance by a Down team since Kerry in 2010.

The players are absolutely dialled in, and are moving and thinking as a team. Attacking with such conviction that Cavan are genuinely scared shitless.

Keep it going lads.

thewobbler

Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2020, 02:06:06 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 14, 2020, 08:07:51 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 14, 2020, 07:39:07 PM
Good second half performance last week. That's what is needed tomorrow. I think we will win with a few to spare. Cavan no great shakes.
Expect Kerr and Johnstone to start
We can't not start them
Can't wait for this match
Well done to the hurlers today. Mighty result

Cavan will dominate midfield. That's just how raw size works. If they push up on our kickouts ww could find it a struggle to gain consecutive possessions.

Doesn't matter how few shakes the opposites team has if they're dominating primary possession. This is going to be an exceptionally tough game for Down I reckon.
The first half couldn't be any more opposite to this.

Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong.

Down attacking kickouts in droves for the breaking ball. It's a pleasure to watch.

SHEEDY

Brillant first half. Jerome, Mooney and Liam kerr brilliant. Speed unreal. Best half of football down have produced in years.
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

You would have to question some of the substitutions that have been made and some that haven't.

This has been a collapse of epic proportions

thewobbler

Unreal collapse.

How did a team that player with such an unselfish conviction for 35 mins evolve into that?

SHEEDY

Unreal collapse, brutal 2nd half. Couldn't win a kickout.
nil satis nisi optimum

OgraAnDun

From 10 points up to that is nothing short of utterly pathetic

whitegoodman

McKernan and Poland lasting the full match, Kerr and Devlin coming off so early, Ryan Johnstone coming on with 3 minutes to go, you could go on.

champion1981

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 15, 2020, 03:07:49 PM
From 10 points up to that is nothing short of utterly pathetic
Poland and flynn are not county standard or any where near it ! O hare mckernan Poland flynn burns s,Johnson  =shite