What Rule changes should the GAA introduce for football if any ?

Started by johnpower, October 01, 2011, 12:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 26, 2011, 01:18:51 PM
The Donegal lads will love this if it comes in.
Why don't we just change the name to rugby league and be done with it.

I would understand that consern but if introduced and then implemented well then I think it will speed up the game.  If people are punished properly for trying to slow then it would improve the game.

Very interesting proposal. If refereed (!) as explained above then a corner forward who fouls his man and then tries to stop the 'tap and go' could concede a 45m metro free. The cynical fouling in tight games might stop then.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on October 26, 2011, 03:01:05 PM

I would understand that consern but if introduced and then implemented well then I think it will speed up the game.  If people are punished properly for trying to slow then it would improve the game.

Very interesting proposal. If refereed (!) as explained above then a corner forward who fouls his man and then tries to stop the 'tap and go' could concede a 45m metro free. The cynical fouling in tight games might stop then.

But when would any member of the FF line commit a deliberate, cynical foul to stop the opposition building up a head of steam?  Thats just silly thinking that happens :P

BTW is a metro free one that is even faster than a quick free?

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2011, 03:03:58 PM

But when would any member of the FF line commit a deliberate, cynical foul to stop the opposition building up a head of steam?  Thats just silly thinking that happens :P

Ok not all of them are fouling cynically, some are fouling thinking they are tackling legitimately.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on October 26, 2011, 03:06:09 PM

Ok not all of them are fouling cynically, some are fouling thinking they are tackling legitimately.  ;D

Hmmm Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah..... :P

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2011, 03:36:58 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 26, 2011, 03:06:09 PM

Hmmm Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah..... :P

Et tu BC?

A closet FFer?
MWWSI 2017

sligoman2

1) 2refs for every county game not one 50 year old slowcoach

2) allow mArk between 45"s only on kickouts

3) use a stopclock so we know whAt time is left and for the last 5 mins stop it everytime plAy stops for fees wides etc so teams cAnt fake injury like donie shine last year or take a minute or more to take a free like cluxton)
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Jell 0 Biafra

spiderman

Names should not have to be taken for yellow cards just number speeds the whole thing up try writing down someones name on a wet day on the card nightmare take number flash card move on.
A player who is running through on goal and he is  deliberately fowled the offender should be  yellow carded and sin binned 10Min's

Hardy

Quote from: spiderman on October 27, 2011, 07:53:15 AM
Names should not have to be taken for yellow cards just number speeds the whole thing up try writing down someones name on a wet day on the card nightmare take number flash card move on.
A player who is running through on goal and he is  deliberately fowled the offender should be  yellow carded and sin binned 10Min's

That's a good point. I've always wondered why it's necessary for the ref to write down names and waste all the time it takes to do that. Not to mention asking nationally famous figures what their name is. Then cupping his ear - "what?". Then turning him around to read the number on his back even though it's also on his front and he has the name already anyway.

All he has to do is note the number. He has the team list with associated numbers. The bookkeeping can be done afterwards inside out of the rain.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on October 27, 2011, 10:09:21 AM

That's a good point. I've always wondered why it's necessary for the ref to write down names and waste all the time it takes to do that. Not to mention asking nationally famous figures what their name is. Then cupping his ear - "what?". Then turning him around to read the number on his back even though it's also on his front and he has the name already anyway.

All he has to do is note the number. He has the team list with associated numbers. The bookkeeping can be done afterwards inside out of the rain.

I am the boss, I am the gaffer.

heffo

Quote from: sligoman2 on October 27, 2011, 12:52:19 AM
3) use a stopclock so we know whAt time is left and for the last 5 mins stop it everytime plAy stops for fees wides etc so teams cAnt fake injury like donie shine last year or take a minute or more to take a free like cluxton)

Can you take 1.23 seconds like Bryan Sheehan half way through the second half of AI final to 'tie your lace' and 'check the wind'?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2011, 10:28:15 AM
Quote from: Hardy on October 27, 2011, 10:09:21 AM

I am the boss, I am the gaffer.

Make the players being booked have to go to the sideline to have it recorded and can't come back until after the next passage of play.

Also a yellow card applies to anyone stopping a quick free kick.

muppet

Have the players that are booked go to the sideline, check in at the judges desk to be booked. Then they have to do 20 chin-ups, verified by the judge before they are let back on the field. The pundits could then spout on about raising the bar etc.
MWWSI 2017