NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 15, 2019, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 15, 2019, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 15, 2019, 06:26:21 PM
The big question is at what point tomorrow are they going to make the calls on the matches? They should make them early if they are going to at all, although I think that Salthill pitch can cope with a good bit of rain in fairness.

Didn't a Galway v Sligo championship game in Salthill get called off in the mid 00s and if i recall right it wasn't postponed until the morning of the game.

Yeah you are right there, I probably had tried to mentally wipe it from my mind as I had travelled from Dublin only to have it cancelled as I was walking up to the pitch. I think they played some of the minor match, then abandoned it and cancelled the senior match.
Pitch inspection at 8am tomorrow according to GBFM so at least they are looking at it very early in the morning.
I understand there was an 8am inspection & they are doing another at 10:30.
It ain't going to stop raining between now and 10:30 so it's not looking good.

Rossfan

Ffs....could they not just do the decent thing and reschedule now before anyone starts to travel....If we can.
Heard a lot of flooded roads round Tuam?
I suspect Wexford hurlers already in Galway so they'll want to facilitate their game if at all possible.
Could have decided to change the football to Monday though!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2019, 08:46:50 AM
Ffs....could they not just do the decent thing and reschedule now before anyone starts to travel....If we can.
Heard a lot of flooded roads round Tuam?
I suspect Wexford hurlers already in Galway so they'll want to facilitate their game if at all possible.
Could have decided to change the football to Monday though!

Seems a trend even for fbd games ,leave the decision till late as possible , gain a few quid in unused tickets for the rescheduled game I'm guessing.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Duine Eile

Both games going ahead in Salthill, just updated onGalway Bay FM.

An Fhairche Abu

Shocking bad scoring chance conversion rate again from Galway with a gale behind them today, simply not good enough at the top level.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2019, 03:57:37 PM
Shocking bad scoring chance conversion rate again from Galway with a gale behind them today, simply not good enough at the top level.
It's the recurring issue with this team.

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Galway 1-17 Roscommon 1-10

Michael Daly got MOTM.

Crete Boom

Good win for Galway certainly top dogs in Connacht now with a gap to the Rossies and us! Pity about that performance against the Dubs (although everyone seems to have a poor performance in Croker against them) otherwise it would be back to back league finals for the tribesman!!

Hopefully we can get some type of positive performance in Tralee this evening although it feels like another bad defeat is on the cards!

An Fhairche Abu

We fucked away any chance of the league final in Tuam against Kerry but just staying up was the main thing this year.
The likes of John Daly and Antaine O'Laoi have put the hand up as well, happy enough with how the league has gone but to move to the next level that we need to get to, Galway will simply have to improve the conversion rate in front of the posts, all the talk about the defensive system would quiet quickly enough if the scores that should be getting kicked over, were.

Main Street

Though Northern Sound hyped up the tension to the final whistle i'd say the reality was Monaghan had the game well under control in the 2nd half. Tommy Freeman was one of the co commentators, he sounds like Navan Man (the spot on, no bother one).

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2019, 05:32:46 PM
We fucked away any chance of the league final in Tuam against Kerry but just staying up was the main thing this year.
The likes of John Daly and Antaine O'Laoi have put the hand up as well, happy enough with how the league has gone but to move to the next level that we need to get to, Galway will simply have to improve the conversion rate in front of the posts, all the talk about the defensive system would quiet quickly enough if the scores that should be getting kicked over, were.
Very true.  The score line  suggests a comfortable win, which it was in he main, but some of the decision making and score attempts in the first half were of a very poor standard - not good enough to seriously contend later in the year unless there is an improvement, that's for sure.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on March 16, 2019, 05:35:11 PM
Though Northern Sound hyped up the tension to the final whistle i'd say the reality was Monaghan had the game well under control in the 2nd half. Tommy Freeman was one of the co commentators, he sounds like Navan Man (the spot on, no bother one).

You are right. Easy win for monaghan.

Solo_run

Towards the end of the first half Dublin were a joy to watch paying the ball around but didn't result in a score

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Solo_run on March 16, 2019, 07:40:55 PM
Towards the end of the first half Dublin were a joy to watch paying the ball around but didn't result in a score

They can keep that joyous stuff up for as long as they please! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Blowitupref

Well done to Dublin and Mayo on their fine away wins tonight. Between Kerry,Mayo,Galway,Tyrone for a place in the final now. Rare to see a Jim Gavin Dublin team not reach a final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose