Gerry Adams Documentary

Started by Doogie Browser, June 29, 2010, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Barbara Streisland likes him anyway, decent show last night about Gerry.  He likes planting things too, wonder where he got that from??
In fairness the reaction of the Protestant clergymen mirrored their reaction to the Saville report, people like Ken Newell and Harold Good showed the sort of leadership lacking amongst Unionist politicians for far too long.
Alan McBride also showed great dignity after all he has been through.

amallon

Missed it.  What station was it on so I can try and watch it online?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

nrico2006

Saw 5 minutes of it and it looked good.  Anyone know when it will be repeated on BBC 1 or 2 again?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rois

Saw bits of it and agree, thought it was a good show.  Tree hugging?? 
No Swiss Family Robinson for him anyway, in his case I think a sliver of his garden actually would only be worth £1!

He and Martin seem to have struck a great balance - no power struggles apparent anyway.   

Geoff Tipps

QuoteHe and Martin seem to have struck a great balance - no power struggles apparent anyway.

Trimble reckoned in the republican movement that Adams was the consigliere and McGuinness the capo (although I reckon he meant don).

Doogie Browser

Some interesting contributors not least Bill Clinton and Tony Blair, seemed to me an attempt by Gerry to portray himself as a sort of statesman now?  Working in the Middle East, attending global conferences on conflict resolution etc. 
Probably since St Andrews he is happy to leave a lot of the day to day stuff to McGuinness, Kelly et al anyway to devote more time to this sort of stuff.

Always like listening to Jonathon Powell, TB's former Chief of Staff, his memoirs are out and would be a good read I would say.

Rav67

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2010, 10:44:40 AM
Saw 5 minutes of it and it looked good.  Anyone know when it will be repeated on BBC 1 or 2 again?

Try iplayer?

Minder

Quote from: Rois on June 29, 2010, 12:35:15 PM
No Swiss Family Robinson for him anyway, in his case I think a sliver of his garden actually would only be worth £1!

He and Martin seem to have struck a great balance - no power struggles apparent anyway.   

Depends what garden you are talking about I suppose.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rois

Quote from: Minder on June 29, 2010, 01:20:51 PM
Quote from: Rois on June 29, 2010, 12:35:15 PM

Depends what garden you are talking about I suppose.

Not the one in Dunfanaghy or Falcarragh or wherever.

Zapatista

I didn't see the interview.

Did anyone hear the interview aired on Sunday morning were Miriam O'Callaghan interviewed Adams and McGuinness together? I thought it was brilliant. The two of them seem to have a great relationship. It was just listening to 2 interesting old men who have been friends for 40 years having a chat about their lives.

Dún Dún

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Dún Dún on June 29, 2010, 04:54:17 PM
I was expecting this, and boy didn't he deliver.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAM7IJghOY
:D no sound at work but I can almost guess what he is saying

EC Unique

Wobbly face really is a joke of a man but I hope he keeps up his little broadcasts as they are the source of great amusement :D :D :D

The Iceman

we wully did a great job
Its a pity he wouldnt open up his videos up for comment....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight