St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

stephenite

Maybe the Sligo County Board just want young Sligo players to see how proper football is played, thus inviting in teams that can show them? Could be a good long term initiative by Sligo

ballinaman

Not being a smart arse, but was the use of the Tourlestrane pitch not just a once off?? Like is it happening on a regular basis??

Mano

Charlestown are using the pitch to train under lights twice a week for the last number of weeks.

ballinaman

Right...as a neutral, i can see how that could annoy Sligo people. I wouldn't be sure if Castleconnor using Ardnaree's or the Stepenites pitch would go down well among die hard supporters. Personally, say if Castleconnor were playing in the Connacht championship, wouldn't bother me if they used the facilities for a few weeks during the dark evenings. On the other hand, if Tourlestrane are getting a good deal out of it it may not be the worst thing. If anything it shows up Charlestown, county champions and a top club for the last number of years not having proper facilities.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ballinaman on November 17, 2009, 12:27:35 PM
Right...as a neutral, i can see how that could annoy Sligo people. I wouldn't be sure if Castleconnor using Ardnaree's or the Stepenites pitch would go down well among die hard supporters. Personally, say if Castleconnor were playing in the Connacht championship, wouldn't bother me if they used the facilities for a few weeks during the dark evenings. On the other hand, if Tourlestrane are getting a good deal out of it it may not be the worst thing. If anything it shows up Charlestown, county champions and a top club for the last number of years not having proper facilities.

It also contradicts the mayo view which was yer main basis for Bellaghy players playing for ye. Ye all said that its crazy for me to expect any Bellaghy player to play with Curry considering ctown pitch is only a walk away. Madness ye said as Currys is 3miles away.

Well lads the bellaghy boys are training in Tourlestrane now. How many miles is that away?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ballinaman

Well they won't be in Tourlestrane much longer, Corofin look likely winners on Sunday.Big injury problems for Ctown. Also, is it Tourlestanes main pitch they training on?? Can see what that would be more contentious,not going to do the surface any favours, 2nd pitch wouldn't be quite as bad.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ballinaman on November 17, 2009, 01:33:17 PM
Well they won't be in Tourlestrane much longer, Corofin look likely winners on Sunday.Big injury problems for Ctown. Also, is it Tourlestanes main pitch they training on?? Can see what that would be more contentious,not going to do the surface any favours, 2nd pitch wouldn't be quite as bad.

Add in Sligo clubs losing home advantage to mayo ones. Can someone prove to me that Tourlestrane isnt a designated Connacht Ground once and for all? 

And the 125 euro tour make from training sessions. Monumental funds for player development. By letting ctown use such a great facility yer helping them develop there players are ye not?

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 17, 2009, 01:42:34 PM

Add in Sligo clubs losing home advantage to mayo ones. Can someone prove to me that Tourlestrane isnt a designated Connacht Ground once and for all? 

And the 125 euro tour make from training sessions. Monumental funds for player development. By letting ctown use such a great facility yer helping them develop there players are ye not?

I can - Tourlestrane played against Castlerea in Markievicz Park in the Connaught club. If Tourlestrane was a designated Connaught ground surely we would have played in our home pitch like we did in 1994 shortly before the rules were changed.

How do you know the figures - do you have a mole on the Tourlestrane finance committee now?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on November 17, 2009, 02:05:10 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 17, 2009, 01:42:34 PM

I can - Tourlestrane played against Castlerea in Markievicz Park in the Connaught club. If Tourlestrane was a designated Connaught ground surely we would have played in our home pitch like we did in 1994 shortly before the rules were changed.

How do you know the figures - do you have a mole on the Tourlestrane finance committee now?

Well mano it was stated on Hoganstand by another poster, but question is was I told directly by someone in the know or do I have no contacts in Sligo GAA. You can decide for yourself. ;)

Why is Tour used for FBD league games so. And if true why is our BEST facility not designated if its our ONLY all year round playable pitch?

joemamas

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 17, 2009, 01:27:37 PM

It also contradicts the mayo view which was yer main basis for Bellaghy players playing for ye. Ye all said that its crazy for me to expect any Bellaghy player to play with Curry considering ctown pitch is only a walk away. Madness ye said as Currys is 3miles away.

Well lads the bellaghy boys are training in Tourlestrane now. How many miles is that away?

For whats its worth, when Curry were redoing their pitch some years ago, they played all their home games in Charlestown
Relationships between the clubs are fine. As for 7/15  living in Bellaghy, Only one of the 7 was  born there, as more houses were built in the area, quiet a few Charlestown people moved there, shocking but true. Should they have checked with the Sligo county council before moving. ?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: joemamas on November 17, 2009, 03:48:39 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 17, 2009, 01:27:37 PM

For whats its worth, when Curry were redoing their pitch some years ago, they played all their home games in Charlestown
Relationships between the clubs are fine. As for 7/15  living in Bellaghy, Only one of the 7 was  born there, as more houses were built in the area, quiet a few Charlestown people moved there, shocking but true. Should they have checked with the Sligo county council before moving. ?

Thats true, but not quite sure Curry would return the favour. Not sure also what you mean born in Bellaghy, in todays there are no homebirths..so I say all of them were born in Sligo or castlebar general.

Who is the only one i wonder? ;)

SLIGONIAN

Sligo IT 2-12 Garda College 1-9

Good win now into the semis. Dont really care much for the IT because for yrs they had feck all Sligomen on the team, but this yr its backboned by us ;D.

Costello
G Gaughan
Cawley
Sweeney
Coen
J Davey
S Henry

Good luck in the league semis.

SLIGONIAN

Back to the real stuff.

From Sligogaa.ie
Bernard Mulhern Manager of the 2010 Minor Squad has announced his selectors who are :- Brian Henry, Tubbercurry, Philip Gallagher (Jnr), Drumcliffe/Rosses Point and Shane Quigley, Shamrock Gaels.

Disappointed no Eamonn Kelly is involved considering he was manager in 08 when these players won manning cup. A man like that has to be involved in sligo underage teams. He is nominated for u21 job so hope he is involved with them. Think it might be a mistake on Bernards part here unless Eamonn himself declined to be involved. Will give Bernard benefit of the doubt, not sure about the need of having 2 shamrock gaels men aswell, but each to their own. Have to win Connacht this yr and well capable of it, no excuses.

whats my name

SLIGONIAN maybe you could fill me in on the starting team for the sligo it versus the gaurds here they got on well who played well for them etc and who have they got in the semis?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: whats my name on November 18, 2009, 02:13:21 PM
SLIGONIAN maybe you could fill me in on the starting team for the sligo it versus the gaurds here they got on well who played well for them etc and who have they got in the semis?

The team was

IT SLIGO: Adrian Faherty (Galway) (c), Dermot Reynolds (Louth), Barry Gilleran (Longford) (0-1), Gary Reynolds (Leitrim), Keelan Cawley (Sligo), Eugene Keating (Cavan), Gary Gaughan (Sligo), David Gibney (Cavan) (1-3), David Macken (Louth), Danny Cummins (Galway) (1-0), Alan Costello (Sligo) (0-4, 3f), Alan Freeman (Mayo), Kenneth Sweeney (Sligo) (0-3, 3f), Seamus Ryder (Fermanagh), Stephen Coen (Sligo) (0-3) Subs used: Stephen Henry (Sligo), Declan Meehan (Cavan), Aidan McTighe (Mayo)

Link to match report

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhsneysnkf&cat=sport

Doesnt say who the IT play next but maybe Sprinter could tell you.