St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 07, 2009, 09:57:07 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 06, 2009, 10:32:58 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 04, 2009, 09:29:15 AM
Connacht U-21 Championship

17/3/2010                            Galway  V Sligo  Semi-final Decent draw, if anything Ros and Mayo are stronger than Galway these days at this level.

You'll have to up your research Sligonian. Next year's Galway u-21's are the minors that won the All-Ireland in 2007. Doesn't guarantee winning at u-21 but it is a very strong panel compared to the last year or two. We're never down for too long. In Connacht anyway. ;)

Jees GBB you totally got me there ::), sure I was at the game in carrick in 07 where we matched ye for everything, I know ye went on to win AI. Ros had minor champs last yr at u21, howd they do?. If you can point out to me that every yr the minor champs from 3 yrs ago win the u21 then I might take notice. I think back to Carrick 3yrs ago as a missed opportunity. How did ye do in Connacht senior final in 07 with yer u21 AI in 03 and 05 to choose from? Dont try to tell me that yer minors from 07 werent involved last yr or yr before ::).

OK Sligonian I can tell you don't want to know. I should have known better.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 07, 2009, 12:59:43 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 07, 2009, 09:57:07 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 06, 2009, 10:32:58 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 04, 2009, 09:29:15 AM
Connacht U-21 Championship

17/3/2010                            Galway  V Sligo  Semi-final Decent draw, if anything Ros and Mayo are stronger than Galway these days at this level.

You'll have to up your research Sligonian. Next year's Galway u-21's are the minors that won the All-Ireland in 2007. Doesn't guarantee winning at u-21 but it is a very strong panel compared to the last year or two. We're never down for too long. In Connacht anyway. ;)

Jees GBB you totally got me there ::), sure I was at the game in carrick in 07 where we matched ye for everything, I know ye went on to win AI. Ros had minor champs last yr at u21, howd they do?. If you can point out to me that every yr the minor champs from 3 yrs ago win the u21 then I might take notice. I think back to Carrick 3yrs ago as a missed opportunity. How did ye do in Connacht senior final in 07 with yer u21 AI in 03 and 05 to choose from? Dont try to tell me that yer minors from 07 werent involved last yr or yr before ::).

OK Sligonian I can tell you don't want to know. I should have known better.

Dont want to know what GBB? You trying to be a smart arse again, I'll have to try up my research etc.. I remember 07 well enough, martin is outstanding footballer, reddington super sharp and got a great goal in AI final. I think defences were on top the day against us and only for keelan calwey got injured and we had used all subs we were level with 10mins to go after coming back from 9-3 down 10 to 1-7. Gilsenan, cawley and greene were outstanding for us. That goal we got was probably the best ive seen from a Sligo team.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Well done to Drumcliffe ladies team today reaching the AI final on a scoreline of 3-7 to 1-12. Hugh Slevin is a great lad and delighted for him. A few Cliffoney Ladies on the team, special mention to Grainne Loughlin, great player, great atitude, winners mentality, had her on my cumann na mbuscola Cliffoney NS side that got to Sligo final. She is immense. Delighted for her. Karina Caraway, Sinead McHale, probably better than eugene ever was ;) andrea horgan etc... Really is a North Sligo select side. Congrats to all involved. Best of luck in the final.

SLIGONIAN

Cringeful stuff on ocean fm, who is the clown co commentator with Pj on the corofin v glencar game? Ive heard him before but today is embarrasing. Corofin winning comfortably.

Geevagh last update down 8-4 but sure when you have to concede home advantage its a big blow. Is Markievicz definitly not playable?

SLIGONIAN

Geevagh lost 2-12 to 0-10 ft, disappointing scoreline, I did hear it was 10-8 and westport got a goal direct from a long range free and geevagh got within a goal again only to give away late scores. Small club against a fair size population like westport no disgrace and having to give up home advantage. Questions have to be asked there.

SLIGONIAN

Coolera won the u20 on a scoreline of 2-12 to 2-8 against Tubber. Id say seanie and stevo are still celebrating it. Disapointing yr ended on a high. Congrats. Look forward to the reports.

magpie seanie

Absolutely delighted as people can no doubt imagine. Days like yesterday make an awful lot of the disappointments and drudgery worthwhile. It was a fantastic game of football and both sides deserve great credit for that. Daniel Maye's first half goal meant Tubber were ahead for most of the first half but the longer the half went on the better we did. We did indulge in a bit of our traditional wastefulness but eventually scores came in the dying minutes of the half. Keelan Cawley raided forward from centre back to pop over a beauty. An awful mistake led to Tubber's second goal and we were in a bit of trouble, down by 5 or 6 at one stage. Funnily enough I never thought we were out of it and crucially neither did the players. Ciaran Brenan got a beauty of a goal as we took over in the final quarter. Tubber fought back again to narrow it to a point and the heart was in my mouth in the 4th minute of injury time when Barry O'Mahony grabbed a clinching goal. Cue celebrations.

Chuffed for the lads who experienced many bad days in the past including losing the minor c'ship and league finals to Curry in the space of a week. Did it the hard way. Beat Calry at home, St Molaise Gaels and Curry away and yesterday took out a very good Tubber side. Tourlestrane pitch was fantastic - an absolute credit to all concerned. The condition of the pitch was nothing short of miraculous.

I would say the standard on display augurs well for next years county U-21 team. Don't know the names of many of the Tubber lads but several caught the eye. A few of our boys will be worth a run in that squad too.

SLIGONIAN

Any of the u21 manager candidates watching? Whose yer manager at that level?

magpie seanie

I saw Anthony Brennan there. Pat Kilcoyne managed Tubber and our team was managed by Neil Carew and John McPartland.

SLIGONIAN

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14436.45

Some pictures of our awesome county on the above thread.  :)

Good to hear Brennan was there, great to see county players getting involved with underage in clubs aswell. Was Pat not conflicted with him being Coolera senior manager ;).

SLIGONIAN

Mayo' Super League Final in Tourlestrane this Evening Friday Nov 13th Charlestown v Crossmolina Throw in 8-30pm

There some amount of stupid naive idiots in Sligo.

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 13, 2009, 01:55:50 PM

Why do you say that?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on November 16, 2009, 10:08:27 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 13, 2009, 01:55:50 PM

Why do you say that?

We have won fck all in 125 yrs because of idiots. Thats why. You know Sligo people can keep up whats been done in the past and all we'll get is the same shite we got in last 125 yr for the next 125 yrs. No sign of it changing. South Sligo clubs hate each, have no respect for boundaries within the County so how can expect Mayo to respect ours?

[Edited by Mod3 - That is way over the top Sligonian. People would easily attach names to a rant like that. Carta BuĂ­.]

Whoever in Sligo is representing us at Connacht Council should be ran. Absolute waste of spaces.

Just think about it for a second. Is there anything else we can do for mayo? How far does it go?

SLIGONIAN

Congrats to Calry beating Skehana to become Connacht Junior Hurling Champions. Delighted to hear this.

SLIGONIAN

I havent met a single Sligoman who hasnt a problem over Bellaghy for the record.

Also havent met a Sligoman who hasnt a problem with Tourlestrane over the last few weeks and the use of there pitch.

Except online that is.

Am I wrong seriously? Does my opinion on the matter serve Sligo football or does Tours? Ask yourself that. Oh and I know getting Bellaghy players back hurts Tourlestrane chances but it helps SLIGO. Do you want to Help Sligo? Its interesting you should be the only one to reply. Self Interest that is.