Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

As requested and probably long overdue.

Battle of the Bastard's was pretty epic I thought.

Very good interview with the director here.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/game-thrones-battle-director

He's also doing next week's episode.

#newbridgeornowhere

Under Lights

Great episode.

Think GRRM is a bit of a feminist with Sansa, Yara, Dany, Brienne, Cersai becoming the strongest characters and leaders of their tribes as such.

Are we assuming Sansa sort of double crossed Jon to get an advantage for the Knights Of The Vale coming in late so that she could save the day.

I must say I hated Ramsey and fair play to the lad that played him. Sold it perfectly.

Dinny Breen

I wouldn't say she double crossed Jon, she obviously knew they needed a plan B and knew she would have to make a sacrifice (maybe marriage to Little Finger) and just waited to see how the battle evolved. She's definitely grown darker and that smile at the end was a little chilling.

Jon didn't come across as a greater leader in this episode, he let his emotions rule the head and they would have lost the battle because of it. Assume his role going forward now though is to rally troops for the battle North of the Wall.

#newbridgeornowhere

lurganblue

Probably the best episode of the show for me.  Definitely the best battle scene.  I thought it was so well shot.

leenie

Best episode of a programme I've ever seen .. This season has been brilliant

Ramsey got what he deserved but he was an fantastic character and the fella acting him was brilliant , hope to see him in many more things ..

Hondur and the giant dead ..  :'( 
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Under Lights

Quote from: leenie on June 21, 2016, 12:53:34 PM
Best episode of a programme I've ever seen .. This season has been brilliant

Ramsey got what he deserved but he was an fantastic character and the fella acting him was brilliant , hope to see him in many more things ..

Hondur and the giant dead ..  :'(

One giant died holding the door the other died smashing a door down. Makes you think.

ziggysego

Fantastic episode and to think 3 fire breathing dragons wasn't even the highlight of the episode! The battle was brilliant, in acting, editing and sound. Ramsey the bastard got what he deserved and I'm glad it was Sansa that dealt his final faith. I do feel as well, there was been a power shift between Jon and Sansa, as it was ultimately her that won the battle.

Also, Daenerys and Yara huh...
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36586696/game-of-thrones-actor-ramsay-bolton-ive-been-lying-to-everyone-for-six-months

Iwan Rheon was excellent.  I thought he playe dthe role so well.  Game of Thrones has thrown up some great characters that we all love to hate.  Theon, Joffrey, Ramsey... who next? Euron Greyjoy maybe

Billys Boots

Quote from: lurganblue on June 21, 2016, 12:38:33 PM
Probably the best episode of the show for me.  Definitely the best battle scene.  I thought it was so well shot.

I still think the white walkers battle last season made more of an impression - there wasn't much in it though. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Under Lights

Quote from: lurganblue on June 21, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36586696/game-of-thrones-actor-ramsay-bolton-ive-been-lying-to-everyone-for-six-months

Iwan Rheon was excellent.  I thought he playe dthe role so well.  Game of Thrones has thrown up some great characters that we all love to hate.  Theon, Joffrey, Ramsey... who next? Euron Greyjoy maybe

Sansa. She is turning evil. Ramsey has infected her and made her into a right wrong one.

gallsman

Best episode of a TV show? Ffs, calm the bap. Battle of Blackwater, Red Wedding, Mountain and Viper, Battle of Castle Black when Ygritte died all far better episodes

This series has been very up and down with a lot of inconsistency, probably as a result of not having completed source material to adapt for the screen for the first time.

GRRM a feminist? With all the rape and prostitution and domestic violence? Really?

Ghost should have killed Ramsay, not his own dogs. Would have been a better angle - the Starks back in Winterfell with their direwolves.

Are we allowed discuss things from the books in this thread? E.g. Jon Snow's future (and past) and what that might mean for the "power shift" Ziggy was on about?

Under Lights

Bound to see the conclusion to The Tower Of Joy scene in the next episode.

Do you think its the TV guys driving the female surge to the top? I don't. Think thats GRRM's vision. Girl power overcome all the early raping etc to rise above it etc etc.
He also sees himself as Sam. So no doubt he will have a huge influence at some stage.

The end is near.

gallsman

Of course it's the TV guys - in the books it's not Sansa who is married to Ramsay. She's still firmly in the Vale. Yara (Asha in the books) also has a completely different angle in the books and isn't off stealing ships and meeting queens.

leenie

Nah no discussion of the books , hate reading and don't want anything spoiled ..

And how does one calm their baps ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

gallsman

The title of the thread says "spoilers" in it. That's plenty of stuff that has been indicated and hinted at, both in the books and in the show, that hasn't been explicitly called out in either. I think discussion and speculation is fine.