Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 10, 2008, 12:17:36 PM
Here are some that were posted by the bard of dunclug. Which bard I don't know.

1. In relation to the famine song.

As far as Im (sic) concerned the song states a very simple question the famine is over go back to your own country? (sic, that's a statement bard, not a question)

What is wrong with that?

2. In the our hero's (sic) thread

Good to see nationalists and republicans showing their true colours need i (sic) say that far to (sic) many catholics (sic) were more than willing to support a terrorist group who killed their unionist neighbours so get off the f**king highground so less crap about illegal wars

Someone appears to have stolen his idenity and his punctuation.

3. Something about the uppity Fenians

Allowing priests to sexually abuse children
Stoning buses filled with Protestants coming back from the Boys (sic) and Girls (sic) Model school (sic)
Attacking kids who wear Northern ireland (sic) tops
Voting for a party in the midst of the troubles who were butchering their neighbours.
Jumping on a kids (sic) head in Ardonye (sic)
And you have the cheek to come on hear (sic) and say catholics (sic) are whiter than white yeah

4. In the why isn't the bbc showing the AI quarter-finals thread (although, I am of the opinion this is quite humourous)

Just watch it on rte (sic) you moaning bastids. (sic)

The saddest thing about the whole escapade is that he feels the need to create an email address like the one he had. That's why I thought it was a piss take. I remember a neighbour once getting elected as a councillor for the SDLP (I have a long memory) and one of his first acts was to order a stamp bearing the legend F****** M******* DC. He then proceeded to stamp every book he owned. He had to get the Tippex out at the next election.

Jaysus this one's a terra altogether. Given that there's not a hell of a lot of difference in the sentiments he's expressed above and the quote from the Irish news today, I think the bould Mr Armstrong is in a spot of bother here, particularly when you taken into account the disgusting way he has tried to use the Church abuse scandals for his own political oneupmanship. Yes, certainly somebody could have gone into his account without him noticed. I've seen it happen many times in the past Once would be unfortunate, 3 or 4 is stretching the bounds of credibility a bit.

I think there's a lesson here for anybody who uses the anonymity of the internet to get away with saying things they wouldn't dare to say in public. It really isn't difficult for epople to work out who some of us are on here and its happened me many times. The best way to treat boards like this is not to post anything you wouldn't put your name.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Nobody cares what you call yourself, even darling Neil knew that, you have to abuse somebody else to raise the ante.

Main Street

Couldn't be force fed a mushroom.
I don't eat things that suck shíte for a living.

Maguire01

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 10, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
The best way to treat boards like this is not to post anything you wouldn't put your name.

Well said. If you're not willing to stand over it, don't post it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Love mushrooms. Feck sake even shifted a Monaghan woman for 2 years! Lovely girl.

This bigot needs to be taken to task, his other comments on this board have been just as bad! Lets not lose sight of that.
Tbc....

In the Onion Bag

This is so hilarious.
Neil Armstrong.  Up and coming politician or just a 'simple' spaceman?

Opps, I may now be a dead man walking.

iluvni

Quote from: ziggysego on October 10, 2008, 07:46:05 PM
Quote from: iluvni on October 10, 2008, 05:53:31 PM
oh go on, what was the Fearon hotel story?

He wanted to book a hotel in Dublin for the All-Ireland Final between Armagh v Tyrone. He was boasting how he got the room at such a good price and how Armagh would destroy Tyrone.

Tyrone won.

and Tony booked the hotel for the wrong weekend! ;)

:D

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 11, 2008, 12:04:13 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 10, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
The best way to treat boards like this is not to post anything you wouldn't put your name.

Well said. If you're not willing to stand over it, don't post it.

Some times i write things when i'm drunk and i try to stand over it...But its just not possible!! But i'll stagger over it!!
Is that OK?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

red hander

Talk about shooting the messenger...

From today's Irish News:

Calls for website to be shut down

The chairman of the Antrim County Board last night called for an online GAA discussion forum to be shut down.

Dr John McSparran said there was no control over the site, www.gaaboard.com, which meant that anyone could post offensive comments while hiding behind pseudonyms or even using other members' log-in names.

"People can make any kind of statements behind an anonymous name without having to justify themselves," Dr McSparran said.

"We should be entitled to challenge someone who is making accusations about players."

His comments came as Ballymena UUP councillor Neil Armstrong denied posting violent sectarian remarks on the message board claiming they had been written by someone else under his user name The Bard of Dunclug.

During a debate about a homecoming parade for RIR soldiers returning from Afghanistan remarks appeared under his user name stating: "It's a real pity that the army while while in Northern Ireland hadn't taken some of the recent contributors to this thread out and killed them.  That would have caused me real pleasure."

Mr Armstrong's username has now been removed from the website.

The website's moderators say they have doubts as to whether the controversial comments were made by Mr Armstrong.

Dr McSparran said it would probably be in everyone's interests to have the site taken off the internet.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the UUP said yesterday that the party would take no action against Mr Armstrong.

"Neil is someone in the party who is noted for his liberal views and his involvement with wider community politics," the spokesman said.

"I think it is very unlikely that he would have said these sorts of things."

1. McSparran is talking shite and obviously isn't aware of the facts... "People can make any kind of statements behind an anonymous name without having to justify themselves," Dr McSparran said. Er, doc, it wasn't anonymous, the clown forgot to hide his email address on his profile.

2. The website's moderators say they have doubts as to whether the controversial comments were made by Mr Armstrong.  Do they indeed?  Surely the Mods have the IP address of where the posts (plural) emanated from.  If it's the same IP address owned by Armstrong then need I say more?

3. "I think it is very unlikely that he would have said these sorts of things."  Very unlikely? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for their councillor.  Was it very unlikely he said all the other things posted by The Bard of Dunclug, or did he forget to log off on those occasions allowing the 'mystery man' to get working with his fingers?

Mentalman

Nice manoeuvring there. Use one ill-informed prominent GAA member with an axe to grind to discredit his own, helping to brush other comments made by the Bard under the carpet. Right there in microcosm - the manipulation of and by the media to look after their paymasters at the expense of the common man. And now the GAA discussion board is the bad guy. Two easy moves to check, let's hope it's not mate.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Arthur_Friend

McSparran is obviously trying to use this little episode to his own end to silence dissenting voices on how things are run in Antrim GAA. He obviously doesn't like what he reads over at the Antrim Hurling thread. He should be ashamed of himself.

Mentalman

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on October 11, 2008, 10:22:28 AM
McSparran is obviously trying to use this little episode to his own end to silence dissenting voices to how things are run in Antrim GAA. He obviously doesn't like what he reads over at the Antrim Hurling thread. He should be ashamed of himself.

Pitting us against our own, it's a story centuries old.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."