Water Breaks

Started by Baile Brigín 2, July 19, 2020, 03:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

If we are going to rob things from soccer, can we at least rob stuff worth robbing?

DuffleKing

Players cannot receive water in the general run of play any more - no waterboys - therefore they are given licence to get water at those appointed times. Welfare issue.

sid waddell

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 19, 2020, 03:26:01 PM
If we are going to rob things from soccer, can we at least rob stuff worth robbing?
Were they not robbed from Alan Partridge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN8DKDc3aVM

mrdeeds

Our league game was played in 20 degree heat. Imagine waiting till half time for water.
Plus well over 200 at it.

magpie seanie

SCFC

Tomas Ó Sé was giving out yards about them yesterday during the KOR Legion game.
Personally, I like them. It would be most unfair to expect an amateur sportsperson to not hydrate at all for 30/35 minutes
I see the Premier League is discontinuing their use.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SCFC on August 24, 2020, 01:12:45 PM
Tomas Ó Sé was giving out yards about them yesterday during the KOR Legion game.
Personally, I like them. It would be most unfair to expect an amateur sportsperson to not hydrate at all for 30/35 minutes

What was his issues with them?

It should be a minute break and players straight back in, no messing about either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

As a player I like them. Although depending on where you are on the pitch by time you get over, your finished up anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 24, 2020, 01:37:46 PM
As a player I like them. Although depending on where you are on the pitch by time you get over, your finished up anyway.

I've noticed the keepers can't be bothered and they bring their bottles and leave them behind the net, fullback line should do that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SCFC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2020, 01:23:33 PM

He was saying that it wasn't fair to a team with a bit of momentum - allowed the team on the back foot to regroup and have a quick chat.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SCFC on August 24, 2020, 02:31:59 PM

He was saying that it wasn't fair to a team with a bit of momentum - allowed the team on the back foot to regroup and have a quick chat.

To be fair I've seen teams with players that go down, generally the same player, for longer than the water breaks to break up the momentum during periods of the game..

Again they shouldnt get longer than a minute

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2020, 03:31:15 PM
Quote from: SCFC on August 24, 2020, 02:31:59 PM

To be fair I've seen teams with players that go down, generally the same player, for longer than the water breaks to break up the momentum during periods of the game..

Again they shouldnt get longer than a minute

Down with a head injury is the old trick if you need to stop the scoreboard going against you....

SCFC

Referee restarted a game in Antrim with one team still on their water break! Looks like he called them back, they stayed talking and he then recommenced play without them and the other lads ran a goal into an empty net. From the video, ref was spot on.

balladmaker

Any sign of the water break being ditched?

Seaney

Quote from: balladmaker on October 24, 2020, 08:33:31 PM
Any sign of the water break being ditched?

One can only hope.