The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 06, 2018, 03:51:27 PM
That's a bit OTT. Do they have to handcuff him in public like that? This is all some sort of grand hype show isn't it?

US justice have a huge hard-on for the perp walk. Particularly when it's someone famous.

Dana White can protest all he wants but he knows the UFC was struggling to attract attention and he will be promoting McGregor's next fight soon enough. Lost in this is that Max Holloway is medically unfit so the UFC 223 main event was going to be pulled yet again regardless.

If it wasn't for the unrelated fighters getting injured it would have ended up being a bit of pro wrestling-esque stuff. McGregor should just fight the lightweight fighter Chiesa next in lieu of being sued by him. Best for all parties.

The Iceman

Pettis asked for more money and was denied and has now dropped out.
Paul the Irish dragon Felder has been offered the fight but the commission has not agreed to it

They'll have to make this a free card
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Wildweasel74

I ask it again; how many top class fighters has mcprick ever thought? 1? Had done nothing but dodge top level fighters and will likely be beat next time out!!

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 06, 2018, 07:35:47 PM
I ask it again; how many top class fighters has mcprick ever thought? 1? Had done nothing but dodge top level fighters and will likely be beat next time out!!

He's won two titles and he only fought one top class fighter?

You don't like him and that's fine but this incessant need to belittle some fantastic accomplishments says more about you and your kin than it does about McGregor. He gets more abuse on this forum than Paddy Jackson.

Wildweasel74

Again how many no 1 rated fighters has he fought at his weight levels?? Diaz if i remember right was only rated at no-5

The Iceman

who has Khabib fought ranked #1?
Eddie Alvarez was the champ when he beat him is the #1 enough?
Jose Aldo was the champ when he beat him how about that?
Chad Mendes fought the champ twice and was the #1 contender...
Diaz when he is healthy can beat anyone and those two fights were great regardless of who won....

if you're questioning his skill set or his record you are ill-informed
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Smokin Joe

Iceman, I assume the chances of UFC cutting Conor would be petty slim (regardless of all Dana's hand wringing)?

Imagine how big Khabib v Conor would be now.  Biggest PPV numbers ever for UFC?

The Iceman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 06, 2018, 08:27:48 PM
Iceman, I assume the chances of UFC cutting Conor would be petty slim (regardless of all Dana's hand wringing)?

outside of CMG versus FMW in the cage - Khabib v Conor in Russia or anywhere is the biggest fight they can make
huge PPV numbers - hug stadium somewhere - big gate - hottest ticket in town type of thing

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on April 06, 2018, 07:42:28 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 06, 2018, 07:35:47 PM

He's won two titles and he only fought one top class fighter?

You don't like him and that's fine but this incessant need to belittle some fantastic accomplishments says more about you and your kin than it does about McGregor. He gets more abuse on this forum than Paddy Jackson.

Compare McGregor's outbursts, use of racist language, contempt of the law (speeding and now this) with Paddy Jackson who was found not guilty. So if anything Paddy Jackson should get an apology on this board, with your name Syf being the top signature.

McGregor is and was a complete sc**bag. Can dress it up how you like, but facts and actions don't lie.

Smokin Joe

...... and Khabib fights Iaquinta tomorrow night

Syferus

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2018, 08:43:56 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 06, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

outside of CMG versus FMW in the cage - Khabib v Conor in Russia or anywhere is the biggest fight they can make
huge PPV numbers - hug stadium somewhere - big gate - hottest ticket in town type of thing

McGregor versus some barely known Russian (in the non-anorak world) would not be a bigger draw than McGregor-Diaz 3, McGregor-Nick Diaz or McGregor-GSP.

The Iceman

on the global stage Khabib is much more popular than Diaz. If you follow other fight promotions like KSW you'll see they fill 50,000 seater stadiums in Poland and other eastern european countries. Khabib is the GSP of that market. He's a huge name.

With the mainstream media attention for CMG over this incident more and more casual fans will know who he is.  It's the biggest fight outside of FMW right now.
Throw someone like Brock Lesnar on the card -they'll all want a piece of the MCGreogr PPV pie and we're in for a huge night.

Syferus

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2018, 09:53:50 PM
on the global stage Khabib is much more popular than Diaz. If you follow other fight promotions like KSW you'll see they fill 50,000 seater stadiums in Poland and other eastern european countries. Khabib is the GSP of that market. He's a huge name.

With the mainstream media attention for CMG over this incident more and more casual fans will know who he is.  It's the biggest fight outside of FMW right now.
Throw someone like Brock Lesnar on the card -they'll all want a piece of the MCGreogr PPV pie and we're in for a huge night.

They can fill out whatever the like, the money just isn't in the sport over there. Just like boxing, the big money fights happen in the west and involve western or western-based fighters.

The Iceman

then he fights in the west. you dont think muslim americans will embrace Khabib?
they'll make a big card and it will sell

like i said, outside of FMW its the biggest fight they can make