Facebook - a penny for your thoughts.......

Started by J OGorman, January 18, 2011, 01:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Jesus, FB has gone out of control lately with the amount of arguing over various different things lately (mainly the case were the guys were found not guilty ;) )

I've culled a few recently, mainly ones that you shouldnt have accepted but felt, their sort of family and if I didnt then they would talk about me (talk about me anyways)

I love the unemployed ones who havent had a job in 30 years but were able to tell you the court system and how it works, and have a discussion about the middle east but you know what they were like in school and struggle to spell their name, never mind history and current affairs..

I go on to wind people up, but the wife is now cracking up and asking me not to get into a discussion with them! can't resist though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

why is it ok to offend though - post an offensive picture or commentary to your entire friends list (via your wall) but not ok to be offended by that post?
I don't understand it.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on April 09, 2018, 01:30:20 PM
why is it ok to offend though - post an offensive picture or commentary to your entire friends list (via your wall) but not ok to be offended by that post?
I don't understand it.

Don't reply to it. It's not worth it. Discussions can't be had over facebook. If a pattern emerges, then just stop following that person's posts.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2018, 01:28:41 PM
Jesus, FB has gone out of control lately with the amount of arguing over various different things lately (mainly the case were the guys were found not guilty ;) )

I've culled a few recently, mainly ones that you shouldnt have accepted but felt, their sort of family and if I didnt then they would talk about me (talk about me anyways)

I love the unemployed ones who havent had a job in 30 years but were able to tell you the court system and how it works, and have a discussion about the middle east but you know what they were like in school and struggle to spell their name, never mind history and current affairs..

I go on to wind people up, but the wife is now cracking up and asking me not to get into a discussion with them! can't resist though

https://www.mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/03/opinion/facebook-fix-replace.amp.html
"Facebook, at its core, is a surveillance machine".
So is Google btw
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

I don't understand it.

People post things on here that offend people, might not offend you but it offends others... and I've seen what could be offensive pics on here also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 09, 2018, 01:32:23 PM
I don't understand it.

Don't reply to it. It's not worth it. Discussions can't be had over facebook. If a pattern emerges, then just stop following that person's posts.
I've deactivated my account. Every few months I'll dip back in for a nosey for 10 mins or if someone tips me off that there are photos etc. but in general it's the same oul rubbish so I'm not missing anything.

The Iceman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 09, 2018, 01:50:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 09, 2018, 01:32:23 PM
I don't understand it.

I've deactivated my account. Every few months I'll dip back in for a nosey for 10 mins or if someone tips me off that there are photos etc. but in general it's the same oul rubbish so I'm not missing anything.
think thats the best bet Tony
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Orior

I was wondering how many people's lives would have changed if we had Twitter and Facebook in the 1960's or 1970's. For example:

- with his dodgy friends, would Frank Sinatra's career have flourished?
- similarly, would Barbara Windsor have last as long as she did?
- would relaxation of laws on homosexuality have happened?
- would the Sun have been able to print Page 3?
etcetera etcerera
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Iceman

it has turned in to a real cheerleading exercise.....
girls especially with their makeup selfies and skinny apps to alter their appearance and their cheerleaders telling them how great they look - its all fake

the thing i find worry is the posting of opinions on contentious issues - if nobody speaks up AZ then are we all going along with it? I don't know where to draw the line sometimes.

GJL

Quote from: The Iceman on April 09, 2018, 03:26:15 PM
it has turned in to a real cheerleading exercise.....
girls especially with their makeup selfies and skinny apps to alter their appearance and their cheerleaders telling them how great they look - its all fake

the thing i find worry is the posting of opinions on contentious issues - if nobody speaks up AZ then are we all going along with it? I don't know where to draw the line sometimes.

Just delete your account and avoid all the fuss. Your mind will be better off.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on April 09, 2018, 02:11:56 PM
I was wondering how many people's lives would have changed if we had Twitter and Facebook in the 1960's or 1970's. For example:

- with his dodgy friends, would Frank Sinatra's career have flourished?
- similarly, would Barbara Windsor have last as long as she did?
- would relaxation of laws on homosexuality have happened?
- would the Sun have been able to print Page 3?
etcetera etcerera
The Sun mines a deep lode

https://youtu.be/axEGY1zWe8g
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tyrdub

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2018/0427/958588-golden-state-killer-us/

Along the lines of FB grabbing information and passing it on to others, what do people make of this? Is this an intrusion, or a way for police agencies to get others to do their work for them, or is it the future? Should this sort of information, ie DNA, be permanently private and safe especially as its not being used for the purposes originally intended for it?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 27, 2018, 11:38:59 AM

Along the lines of FB grabbing information and passing it on to others, what do people make of this? Is this an intrusion, or a way for police agencies to get others to do their work for them, or is it the future? Should this sort of information, ie DNA, be permanently private and safe especially as its not being used for the purposes originally intended for it?

Maybe this was part of his grand plan as a serial killer. If not he is just stupid.

Orior

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 27, 2018, 11:38:59 AM

I'd say it is the future. If you have nothing to hide, then it is not a problem.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit