Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingball

Farset away climb back underneath that rock you came out from under. 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Quote from: farset on January 17, 2019, 02:30:44 PM
Glad that divisions will determine your championship. Feel for the Gorts and I suppose everyone else St Enda's beat because being a Div 1 team they robbed the genuine Div 2 clubs of the chance to win their championship but this year a new year and hopefully lessons learned.

Good luck to St Enda's at the weekend though. They should win being a Div 1 team against a Div 2 side. 👀

breakingball

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 only thing embarrassing it's your post. Muppet.

Quote from: belfastsaff on January 17, 2019, 03:15:26 PM
there is no joking about this situation st endas should be winning this all Ireland. They are a decent division 1 team putting some good performances and results in all year in div 1. The team they play at the weekend are a Division 2 team - people aren't happy with what they have done but it will be even more embarrassing for them if they don't win it now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on January 17, 2019, 05:04:22 PM
We aren't a strong football county??

I think you are confusion club football with County football. Using your logic Tyrone and Donegal teams should be winning Senior, Intermediate and Junior every year.

St Galls over the years and this year arguably Cargin have proved that our clubs are strong or certainly comparable with some of the highest standards.

Every single team that St Enda's have beaten in this championship have been Division 2. That's just a fact. Spideal are too so yes they should win it.

They are favourites but that's based on how they have played, there is no guarantee of course as the Galway champions have beaten all before them.. there is some who feel this is tainted but until it's a rule set in stone with all the counties adhering to it then I've no qualms at all..

Good luck to St Endas, I wish them the very best.. Gorts would have given it a go but would have fallen at the first hurdle I feel.. I don't think you'd have any Gorts men complaining.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

These are not rules .They are proposals from CCC.
They make a mockery of league football. They have to be discussed at county committee in two weeks.

A Losers championship/knockout  is a poor idea.

breakingball

Broken record. You've made your point. Everyone has heard it. Get over it.

Quote from: farset on January 17, 2019, 05:33:38 PM
Quote from: breakingball on January 17, 2019, 05:28:13 PM
Farset away climb back underneath that rock you came out from under. 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Quote from: farset on January 17, 2019, 02:30:44 PM
Glad that divisions will determine your championship. Feel for the Gorts and I suppose everyone else St Enda's beat because being a Div 1 team they robbed the genuine Div 2 clubs of the chance to win their championship but this year a new year and hopefully lessons learned.

Good luck to St Enda's at the weekend though. They should win being a Div 1 team against a Div 2 side. 👀

What is factually untrue about what I wrote? Or do you just want to insult people who you disagree with.

St Enda's have played Division 2 teams in every single fixture they have played in the championship to date. They play a division 2 club at the weekend too. All facts.

breakingball

You are wrong.

Senior championship does not equal division 1. They aren't linked like they are in Tyrone.

We had a division 2 teams playing junior with division 3 teams. Didn't hear anyone complain.

Quote from: farset on January 17, 2019, 06:02:04 PM
Whether or Gorts or Moneyglass (or whoever would have went on to win the Intermediate) would have fallen at the first hurdle is simply subjective and besides the point. St Enda's were the only Division 1 club in the championship lol.

If say Gorts or Moneyglass (choosing these clubs because they were beaten by St Enda's) had have won the county intermediate and been beaten in the first round or the final, then they would be able to look back at it proudly as a club genuinely at that level. The same cannot be said of the men from Glengormely who were playing at a level above EVERYONE to date. That's just a fact, whether the rules allowed them to or not. I'm glad the new rules will address that.

Milltown Row2

I hear St Johns were totally embarrassed at beating a second division team twice last year in the championship.. had they had won the championship they would have handed back the medals...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: farset on January 17, 2019, 05:04:22 PM
We aren't a strong football county??

I think you are confusion club football with County football. Using your logic Tyrone and Donegal teams should be winning Senior, Intermediate and Junior every year.

St Galls over the years and this year arguably Cargin have proved that our clubs are strong or certainly comparable with some of the highest standards.

Every single team that St Enda's have beaten in this championship have been Division 2. That's just a fact. Spideal are too so yes they should win it.

Cargin haven't done anything outside Ulster. One club have proved themselves to be good. That does not prove our club football to be strong and never has.

Tyrone Donegal etc have lots of strong teams. We have only ever had one. Kilcar , murphy's team and now gweedore have now all threatened or won. . Tyrone club football is an enigma but is much stronger than ours and always has been.

Your embarrassing comment is pathetic. We have a club team doing well and you would have thought people could have been happy for them. How often does any Antrim team do anything?

paddyjohn

What club are you from Farset?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 18, 2019, 07:12:56 AM

Farset is on the Springfield rd.. so I'm guessing either the Johnnies or Gorts  8)

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2019, 08:55:37 AM

Farset is on the Springfield rd.. so I'm guessing either the Johnnies or Gorts  8)

Or Clonard????? lol

imtommygunn

Quote from: farset on January 18, 2019, 03:16:30 AM
Broken record or not... The point still stands that they chose to play in a championship below. No amount of feel good factor or name calling will change that.

They play another team from Division two at the weekend. They should win it.

Definitely a broken record.

Sure all division 2 teams are the same standard  :o

The classic damned if they do and damned if they don't kind of post.

Sure they should just pull out of the game now or the other team shouldn't even show up :o

Incredibly bitter viewpoint.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2019, 08:55:37 AM

I only noticed your previous response to Farset, it was a very good question and one that hasn't been answered yet.

County should be getting behind them and hoping they do the job.

cfclg

Matching leagues to cships would certainly do away with these sort of conversations occurring but I realise it may present other issues and not everyone will agree regardless. These league mirroring cship ideas have been thrown about board rooms for years. I can't see it changing, as a county we're too divided on our views on this.

Personally I don't see any harm in trialling it for a number of seasons to see how it works. But there has to be no tinkering with leagues for a few years (simple 1 up, 1 down consistently) so teams find their genuine level and then a league matching cship level structure might work.

outinfront

In Down the senior Championship is Division 1 + top 4 of division 2/top 3 plus intermediate winner if lower than 4th in div2. 

I think the criticism of St Enda's is harsh.  I understand what's being said but the team that they beat in Ulster final (Mullahoran) are in truth a Div1 side (one of the most successful senior clubs in Cavan).  Having not won an Intermediate title and having climbed up the leagues it was probably a natural progression to help bring through the younger players and set the club up as a senior football club for the future.  If we had managed to beat Mullahoran and met St Enda's there would have been no yapping from me about them. In saying that the leagues should be aligned with Championship and that will remove such issues.