Laois Junior Football Championship 2018

Started by The PRO, July 11, 2018, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Fair play BallyroanAbu, you landed a fair blow there, he's seething.

BallyroanAbu

Your at it again Don, just seems BA has a very obvious love for our "National Sport" that would be unusual in Ballyroan :).

BallyroanAbbey

No Abu it isnt i just enjoy the hurling as a game more and in fairness is very competitive inside of laois unlike the football, would have more family connections in trumera than any other hurling club, do pickas not get half their players from ballyroan or at least did before the abbeyleix arragement? i just think that you stick with your own and do your best with your own, now in your defense considering you have stated that if ballinakill and abbeyleix do join ballyroan are going into balljnakill to take players off spink and have complained why colt have a football team instead of letting them play with Ballyroan that concept might go beyond your understanding

Laois fan

As a matter of interest how many clubs do ballyroan actually have with them

BallyroanAbu

😱😱😱
It's not us enlarging our area it's just a lucky coincidence,  we all know parish rule is not long for this world with the continued ignoring of it.  Ballinakill Abbeyleix just happens to possibly work in our favor contrary to what most think.  Small Clubs will be decimated around it and the bigger ones will thrive.  Colt, Ballypickas, Clonad, Trumera, Spink & Shanahoe will all be lucky to survive Ballinakill Abbeyleix amalgamations reach. 

Moregroundhurling

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 30, 2018, 09:58:43 AM
Danny is back at the Harps, we were happy to help him realize a childhood dream "winning a senior county title".  Which made Danny and all his family very proud but then they are all proud Ballyroan people.

BallyroanAbbey are you from Ballyroan ? If you are a member you are more than welcome to pop up the the AGM and state your case,  I am not entirely sure what you mean in regard to poaching players.  I would say that we facilitate football for players from clubs that do not have football teams at juvenile level as we have done since I was a child.  But then if you were from Ballyroan and a Ballyroan Abbey member you would know this and that one of our objectives is to promote football.

Laois U15 & Laois U17 football champions 2018  I think we are doing something right.

Did I not see a chap from Durrow kick in goals for Laois and he a ballyroan abbey man. In recent history I saw two of our lads charlie and podge tog out in a minor b final again the rock and abolutely thumped them. It was like the whole county minor hurling team that year togged for ballyroan again " the rock".
I am also delighted with your recent success and I attended all three finals. But it is only apt as ye do have the second biggest pick in the county

We got off the point a little, BallyroanAbú there's no need to get your knickers in a twist over a junior C football team that is yet to be created. And my god your knickers certainly are in a twist. Hopefully all this nonsense will be over soon and we can get back to normality.

BallyroanAbu

I don't see any big issue to Ballinakill and Abbeyleix amalgamating as long as it doesn't impact Ballyroan.  Abbeyleix have assured us it won't and wil do so in writing, no major issue for us.

Always an agenda, but of course you should be looking forward to Ballinakill and Abbeyleix amalgating.  It's fairly obvious that Ballinakill are getting a good deal, from Senior nobodies to a powerhouse in Laois hurling👏👏.  I just thought Abbeyleix were in a better bargaining position.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 30, 2018, 12:12:53 PM
I don't see any big issue to Ballinakill and Abbeyleix amalgamating as long as it doesn't impact Ballyroan.  Abbeyleix have assured us it won't and wil do so in writing, no major issue for us.
Any chance of Ballyroan poaching a few Ballinakill footballers ?

BallyroanAbu

Won't have to they will register with us before they have a chance to go elsewhere.

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 30, 2018, 12:12:53 PM

Always an agenda, but of course you should be looking forward to Ballinakill and Abbeyleix amalgating.  It's fairly obvious that Ballinakill are getting a good deal, from Senior nobodies to a powerhouse in Laois hurling👏👏.  I just thought Abbeyleix were in a better bargaining position.
Senior nobodies?
Semi Finalists in 2018
Beaten by Champions in 2017
Semi Finalists in 2016
Semi Finalists in 2015

I'd be careful who I'm calling a senior nobody there.

BallyroanAbu

Don Draper

BallyroanAbu

There is only 8 teams at Senior in Laois Hurling 4 of which seem strong, are Ballinakill in that 4 ? Not entirely sure have they ever won a Senior Championship ?

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 30, 2018, 04:19:52 PM
There is only 8 teams at Senior in Laois Hurling 4 of which seem strong, are Ballinakill in that 4 ? Not entirely sure have they ever won a Senior Championship ?
A senior championship win counts for f**k all in this conversation, they hold a football championship, that wouldn't preclude them from being nobodies in the football championship.

I proved they are not senior nobodies.

Keyser Söze

I wouldn't be so sure BA that it doesn't affect Ballyroan Abbey.

Abbeyleix players will become members of a football only club- they will have to play football with Abbeyleix. They can then hurl with AbbeyKil. .
The only way they could kick with Ballyroan is if Ballyroan apply to play as a Gaels team. But wasn't the name change to Ballyroan Abbey specifically to avoid this?

Same applies to Spink. Ballinakill players will have to kick with Ballinakill.Spink can't enter a Gaels team (they are not senior) so how will Ballinakill players play there? Knock on effect for Crettyard too.

It's not that long ago that Ballyroan players helped Pickas survive on an annual basis. I remember Tierney & McMahon helping them win a Junior C one year around 2006/7!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......