British Uni Championships

Started by screenexile, February 05, 2007, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Saying as the Championship weekend begins on Friday week I thought it might be an idea to start a thread on who the favourites are for each of the competitions... who are the big name players to look out for and more importantly does anyone know where to head out to for a weekend when staying in Jurys Heathrow!

Personally I think it will be hard to look past Liverpool Hope for the main competition. We got absolutely tanked by them in the NW league and I personally thought they were better organised than John Moore's although it will be difficult to see what effect the loss of the University of Liverpool boys will have on the team.

St. Mary's and Napier may challenge the 2 Liverpool Uni's but from what I've heard they aren't as good as they have been in previous years.

As for Division 2 I'd say it will be a toss up between any number of teams as it will depend on what Uni's get their full teams out and also a lot will depend on conditions.

The plate competition will be an even bigger lottery. My club Man Met Uni (Now Manchester Comnined) have recently been relegated due to a 'clerical' error and we've a decent squad so we'll be lookin' to give it a good rattle.

Oh and please don't let the thread deteriorate into the Hoganstand version of "No Hope are better than John Moore's" "No John Moore's are better than Hope" as it gets a bit tedious reading the same thing 100 times over!

Stalin

Northumbria dark horses, few good derry men on the team  ;) . No slaughtneil boys on it tho exile, as im sure ull be glad to hear  ;) ;) ;)
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic