AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Here dont be posting set-lists. thats a no-no.

SOme tickets went back on sale earlier today I heard. You might want to look.

Cant wait, less than 24 hours. By all accounts London was savage.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Family guy

Seen them at madison square garden and it really was class,there playing in jersey soon and needa get tickets for them.
Enjoy  ;D

gerrykeegan

Just home. Unreal! Nothing more to be said.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thejuice

That was indeed a savage night. I know a few people who saw them for the 1st time last night and were totally blown away by it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gerrykeegan

Thats me second time seeing them, I think they have got better. Brought my two 16 year old nephews and the one word they kept saying  was "Savage"
Thought the new Point was excellent. Had four pints before the gig, walked up to the bar each time, no queuing nothing, paid 5.50 for pints of stout.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Maguire01

Was a good gig alright, although the speakers were in the way of the video screens if you were away to the side. Otherwise it was a brilliant show and a great atmosphere.

Amazing to see a Guinness poured in about 3 seconds as well - fastest taps i've even seen!

The Answer went down pretty well too, although i think they got a bit shafted, sound-wise.

thejuice

Class, the athmosphere was class. Still buzzing about this gig. Doing it all again on Thursday in Birmingham  ;)

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

thejuice

Just read there, Angus is 54, Malcom 56 and Brian Johnson is 61. Still have a bit to go to catch up with Mick Jagger and them lads but then again they dont put on a show quite like the 'DC  ;)

The Corporal

What were your thoughts on The Answer Juice?

thejuice

Just back from the Birmingham gig,. What a feckin night. Probably not a s good as Dublin for the crowd but the band were just as sharp. Cant get enough of the ACKY DACKY!!!

To "Answer" (ahem) your question Corporal. They had poor sound for Dublin but it was much better tonight. I only have thier first album and enjoyed the tracks of that, Might need to hear the new ones on CD didnt quite get into them live, though "On and On" is a good one. They got a really good reception in Birmingham tonight, fair play to them, few bands have the chops to open for AC/DC.

thejuice

QuoteTHIN LIZZY has been confirmed as "special guest" on the following AC/DC shows:

June 26 - England, London - Wembley Stadium
June 28 - Ireland, Dublin - Punchestown Racetrack
June 30 - Scotland, Glasgow - Hampden Park

For more information on the THIN LIZZY 2009 tour dates, go to www.thinlizzyonline.com.

THIN LIZZY's current touring lineup is as follows:

Scott Gorham - Guitar
John Sykes - Vocals, Guitar
Tommy Aldridge - Drums
Francesco DiCosmo - Bass

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know there will be those who aren't so keen on the 'reformed' Thin Lizzy, but I urge anyone who is put off by them to put sentimentality aside and watch them because they absolutely floor the place live. Seen them twice and they are a close 2nd to AC/DC in putting on a live performance.

Louth Exile

Starting to get the buzz about the gig now  ;D

Went to Def Leppard on Friday night and it has me warmed up, getting together an aul compliation CD for the bus journey down from the wee county and it got me thinking!!!

The double live album in 92 had some songs from the Dublin gig, Sin City was one and pretty certain Thunderstruck has to be from Dublin with the ole,ole. Here is the question I have (I'm expecting the juice at least to know the answer) how many other songs from the album are from the Dublin gig???
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic