Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsenior

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 15, 2019, 10:47:31 PM
U20 Philly McGuinness Cup Final

Tyrone 1-23
Sligo 1-10

Tyrone: O Grimes, A Clarke, C Quinn, D McGuigan, C Grimes, A Fox, C Devlin; R Gormley, J Oguz; P Og McCartan, L Gray, M McKearney; T Quinn, S Og McAleer, C Gallagher.
Subs: O Mallon for T Quinn, C Munroe for Devlin, B McNulty for Oguz, M Murnaghan for McCartan, P Mullan for Clarke, E Jordan for Gray.

Scorers: S Og McAleer 1-06 (0-03 F), T Quinn 0-06 (0-01 F), P Og McCartan 0-03, J Oguz 0-02, C Gallagher, R Gormley, L Gray, M McKearney, E Jordan, M Murnaghan 0-01 Each.

No Darragh Canavan?

trailer

Any advance on the rumours of players leaving the panel after the Donegal bating?

Will Harte step down if we don't reach the Super 8's? Is he deaf to the criticism?

southtyronegael

Heard yesterday that Darren mc curry had left the panel again but none of the Tyrone squad played for their clubs so doubt there is any defections yet.

southtyronegael

Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2019, 11:55:53 AM
Any advance on the rumours of players leaving the panel after the Donegal bating?

Will Harte step down if we don't reach the Super 8's? Is he deaf to the criticism?
criticism? I haven't seen a newspaper or media outlet criticize him yet for the Donegal debacle. Tiarnan Mc cann has ensured harte dodged that bullet. And as far as Mickey stepping down, forget about it, the gravy train is in full flow and nobody is gettin off.

Redhand Santa

This time last year you lads were all hysterical after a slow start to the championship. A few months ago you were hysterical after a bad start to the league. Lets judge the championship on how it finishes.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 17, 2019, 12:36:02 PM
Heard yesterday that Darren mc curry had left the panel again but none of the Tyrone squad played for their clubs so doubt there is any defections yet.

Wouldn't have thought so lad - he's probably one of the very few players to come out of the Donegal game with any kind of credit.

Now if he doesn't get a start v Longford....you might not be too far away.

southtyronegael

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 17, 2019, 02:13:31 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on June 17, 2019, 12:36:02 PM

Wouldn't have thought so lad - he's probably one of the very few players to come out of the Donegal game with any kind of credit.

Now if he doesn't get a start v Longford....you might not be too far away.
heard it second hand from a Tyrone referee but don't believe it's true. Mc curry HAS to start against Longford and if he doesn't, like you say I wouldn't blame him for walking.

Angelo

I don't really have time for lads quitting panels in the middle of the season, fair enough if there's personal circumstances there but if it's throwing a strop over not getting minutes then it's very hard to forgive.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on June 17, 2019, 08:00:53 PM
I don't really have time for lads quitting panels in the middle of the season, fair enough if there's personal circumstances there but if it's throwing a strop over not getting minutes then it's very hard to forgive.
You don't have any time for lads quitting panels mid season and you find it hard to forgive them !!!
Wtf.

Is it because you have invested so much time into supporting them.

Crazy stuff

TabClear

Quote from: In hiding on June 18, 2019, 12:07:31 AM
You don't have any time for lads quitting panels mid season and you find it hard to forgive them !!!
Wtf.

Crazy stuff

Are you for real? These guys are amateurs who pretty much have to dedicate their entire week to training/travelling etc. If they wake up in the morning and decide "I dont want to do it anymore" for whatever reason that's their choice. "Supporters" do not get a say, its their decision

Redhand Santa

Agreed as amateur players it's totally there choice whether to pull out or not. Though if you were the manager and boys pulled out in the middle of the championship you'd be questioning whether to pick them again going forward.

Tyrone are a county that generally play numerous championship games and with injuries/form a lot of changes be made over the summer and someone not getting game time early on can easily force their way onto the team later in the year as has been shown in the past. You'd think after doing all the hard work from last November boys would stick at it for the championship.

TabClear

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 18, 2019, 08:21:48 AM
Agreed as amateur players it's totally there choice whether to pull out or not. Though if you were the manager and boys pulled out in the middle of the championship you'd be questioning whether to pick them again going forward.

Tyrone are a county that generally play numerous championship games and with injuries/form a lot of changes be made over the summer and someone not getting game time early on can easily force their way onto the team later in the year as has been shown in the past. You'd think after doing all the hard work from last November boys would stick at it for the championship.

Totally agree but that's a separate issue in my book to what the original comment was. That's the managers call and they have to assess whether the reasons for the initial withdrawal have been addressed or if its likely to re-occur.

southtyronegael

Quote from: TabClear on June 18, 2019, 09:19:52 AM

Totally agree but that's a separate issue in my book to what the original comment was. That's the managers call and they have to assess whether the reasons for the initial withdrawal have been addressed or if its likely to re-occur.
if boys are leaving, maybe the manager should question himself and not the player?

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on June 18, 2019, 12:07:31 AM
Wtf.

Crazy stuff

It's a commitment and they've backed out of it in the middle of the season. It's not fair on the management team and it's not fair on their team mates. If they do it for personal reasons outside of football, it is understandable - if they do it because they're throwing a strop about not getting the minutes they feel they deserve then I think we are better off without.

I don't think Lee Brennan has done enough to start for Tyrone and he clearly didn't have the will to battle it out and earn his spot. Let's not forget that 10 months ago he started an All Ireland semi final.

If Brennan had opted out at the start of the year it would have opened up the door for another player to come in and fight for a place. I certainly wouldn't be rushing back to bring him in when he has left his team in the lurch midway through the season.

I'd be questioning the mentality of a lot of these Tyrone footballer - how many Mayo, Dublin and Kerry players drop off because they are not getting their place? There seems to be a huge sense of entitlement there with current players who are unwilling to put in the work.

Guys like Hsmpsey, Cassidy, Burns and R Donnelly have had to bide their time to break into the Tyrone side but the patience and hard work paid off in the end.

Angelo

Quote from: TabClear on June 18, 2019, 09:19:52 AM

At the end of the day you can only pick 15 players. In the modern day game you are never going to please all of Bradley, McCurry, O'Neill, McAliskey and Brennan. I don't think any of them have been blackguarded by Harte in the past - the form player has usually got the jersey.

And it's understandable that they can get frustrated when not being picked but leaving a panel in a strop at not getting minutes in the middle of the season, particularly when you haven't done enough to deserve them is not the right attitude.